Uniform Pron

JimmyHoffa

Man I really like when we do these 70s and 80s looks. This wasn't like a full throwback to the late 70s look, because it's the current orange jersey, but I thought the helmets were really sharp and this was a nice look.

REALLY hoping we get another 80s throwback before the end of the year.

osu-ku.jpg

• Like 2

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Man I really like when we do these 70s and 80s looks. This wasn't like a full throwback to the late 70s look, because it's the current orange jersey, but I thought the helmets were really sharp and this was a nice look.

REALLY hoping we get another 80s throwback before the end of the year.

osu-ku.jpg

I like these lids in the photos but they lose effect when you’re seeing them from the stands or from most traditional TV angles. The gray is going to get lost and the orange would shine more with just a thin white highlight. 

This stuff makes sense when you realize that they are at least if bit more for recruits to see up close and looking cool as they are for fans in the stands or watching from home. 

21 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I like these lids in the photos but they lose effect when you’re seeing them from the stands or from most traditional TV angles. The gray is going to get lost and the orange would shine more with just a thin white highlight. 

This stuff makes sense when you realize that they are at least if bit more for recruits to see up close and looking cool as they are for fans in the stands or watching from home. 

Yeah most of the new stuff looks kind of "meh" in person because it's all specifically designed to look cool on TV, up close (recruits as you noted), and in social media pics.

As it were, I thought these looked good on TV.

40 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Cowboys are about the only team to never roll out an alternate or tweak that sucks. They just know how to be classy. This is great. 

The home uniforms may be iconic, but they are a mess - the greenish blue pants, the mismatched blues of the helmets and jerseys, the random black outlines on the sleeve stripes and nowhere else.

The alternates/throwbacks/and (Cowboys' fans will hate this) the navy jersey are all aesthetic improvements. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

The home uniforms may be iconic, but they are a mess - the greenish blue pants, the mismatched blues of the helmets and jerseys, the random black outlines on the sleeve stripes and nowhere else.

The alternates/throwbacks/and (Cowboys' fans will hate this) the navy jersey are all aesthetic improvements. 

The pants lost their green hue last year. 

I never like the old double star jerseys, and the more recent color rush version (though most color rush's suck). I really like the navy road unis, but I know the history, etc., still look good and better than the home unis from a purely aesthetic standpoint. That's not to say I'd change anything, except I'd make the pants flat grey like the old days.

2 hours ago, formermav43 said:

I thought that might be the case, but wondered if it might just be my tv. I hadn't read that. Thanks.

But they still don't match. Now they're just like light blue instead of silver.

I agree they're obviously ridiculously mismatched, but I've seen them look that way for so long that I don't want them to change really. The greenish tint to the pants used to bug me, but now they look more like an icey blue-silver. The Cowboys uniforms definitely aren't something you'd design from scratch nowadays, but somehow, it all kinda works.