skittlebrau

Austin City Government - Circus of the Insane

For those Austinites living on $15/hr for the past year and about to lose out on missed tips during SXSW and can no longer afford to live within the City of Austin, the council has decided that you are shit outta luck...you coulda been homeless this whole time and been $1,926 richer to boot.  

1 hour ago, ChickenSandwich said:

8 million dollars for that shit hole drug den hotel.  Rodeway owners laughing their asses off all the way to the bank.

No shit, But will there be an audit to see which RE brokers greased the deal, and their ties to Adler’s crowd?

45 minutes ago, Lobo said:

For those Austinites living on $15/hr for the past year and about to lose out on missed tips during SXSW and can no longer afford to live within the City of Austin, the council has decided that you are shit outta luck...you coulda been homeless this whole time and been $31,926 richer to boot.  

Fify

Just trying to be like California and have income inequality worse than Mexico. 

Sad thing is, looking ahead to the elections, the only choices are he’ll bent to race down the gutter. City is fucked and can never come back. But Million dollar high rises will solve our homeless problem. 

never been about the homeless, always just needed an excuse to raise taxes and make more millions from the grift 

8 million dollars for that shit hole drug den hotel.  Rodeway owners laughing their asses off all the way to the bank.

Adler and his crew of CC thieves will be pretty excited about the multiple kickbacks from the purchase of the property as well. Also don’t forget the multiple kickbacks that will be coming from every company being massively overpaid to renovate the property. This is going to be a another big winner for scam artists like Adler. The stooge voters in Austin are no match against this crook, and he’s fully aware of that.

Adler and his crew of CC thieves will be pretty excited about the multiple kickbacks from the purchase of the property as well. Also don’t forget the multiple kickbacks that will be coming from every company being massively overpaid to renovate the property. This is going to be a another big winner for scam artists like Adler. The stooge voters in Austin are no match against this crook, and he’s fully aware of that.

They won’t be able to scam as easily going forward. The virus eating up funds + prop tax limits + TCAD not raising rates should tie the hands of city hall for the foreseeable future.

For example - one of the few good things about this virus is that it will kill the transit plan.

29 minutes ago, Gardner Barnes said:

They won’t be able to scam as easily going forward. The virus eating up funds + prop tax limits + TCAD not raising rates should tie the hands of city hall for the foreseeable future.

For example - one of the few good things about this virus is that it will kill the transit plan.

I'd like to believe that, but they'll probably hoodwink the voters into passing some "COVID relief!!" bond that will be used mostly to add new bike lanes.  

2 hours ago, bschoolprof said:

I'd like to believe that, but they'll probably hoodwink the voters into passing some "COVID relief!!" bond that will be used mostly to add new bike lanes downtown gondola rides to take the homeless to and from their new condos.

fify

A gondola company owned & operated by a shell trust that is owned by Adler’s friends & relatives.

That’s the way the powers that be in in Austin have operated since I got here. They are just more discreet than their corrupt  counterparts in Mexico.

Are we sure the City didn't pay an artist $50k for that?

Anyone know why all the Austin underpasses are re-occupied by the homeless?

48 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Anyone know why all the Austin underpasses are re-occupied by the homeless?

I've notice this....15th and I-35 looks like a boy scout camp

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, Hpara759 said:

No, the scouts would be practicing social distancing.     

I’ve noticed it.  My guess is the people who would normally be clearing that out don’t want to go near the covid.  

Edited by atomheartbevo

1 hour ago, Hpara759 said:

You’re really not gonna like some of the merit badges they’re earning down there.  

9 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

No, the scouts would be practicing social distancing.     

I’ve noticed it.  My guess is the people who would normally be clearing that out don’t want to go near the covid.  

I don't think that is the case. The 183 and Burnet underpass has porta potties set up.

2 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

Ben White is a fucking travesty.

Figure out a way to vote for fitlump so she can fix it.  

Does the city go back to trying to at least enforce some decency or is downtown doomed?

These “camps” all have several porta potties too to ensure it’s an easy time.

8d978ef3d16fcc91e9c06d713ac9280a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ben White is a fucking travesty.

One of the little tent setups over at 71 and Manchaca burned at some point. The burned mattress is still laying out there.

Police were also out there a couple times this week.

35 minutes ago, demos said:

One of the little tent setups over at 71 and Manchaca burned at some point. The burned mattress is still laying out there.

I would think a burnt mattress would weigh less.  Gonna have to recalibrate the scale.  

2 hours ago, demos said:

Are they letting you stay there, or were they harassing you to move on to some other location?

So glad to be out of Austin.

If you had told me 10 years ago that'd I say that I would have had you take a test for crack usage.

Talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.