mdmost

Disney+ (Disney's new streaming service)

2 hours ago, Okie State said:

Watching Home Alone tonight to kick off the holiday break.

The old man got to me!  sniffle

13 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Cannot wait until he's old enough for Hook and Home Alone.

Maybe next month.

Home Alone 1 and 2 are my 5 year old's favorite movies.  We watched 1 last night.  He asked me what "ass" was.

Dad of the year over here.

Also he is loving all the old Avenger cartoons.

Edited by huge

On 11/26/2019 at 9:24 AM, huge said:

Home Alone 1 and 2 are my 5 year old's favorite movies.  We watched 1 last night.  He asked me what "ass" was.

Dad of the year over here.

So we decided to watch both of them today (wife had been wanting to watch them).  Still hold up well, but damn that World Trade Center scene was jarring.  Son asked what buildings those were, and we came close to going down the 9/11 rabbit hole with him.

PSA: Flight of the Navigator still holds up pretty well. (One of my favs as a kid)

I watched it last week and it was still good. The download option with Disney+ is going to be a lifesaver when traveling with kids.

I've started the Marvel series, in suggested order.  

1) Captain America - First Avenger (done)

2) Captain Marvel (done... really liked it)

3) Iron Man (next)

I have watched everything up to black panther over the last few weeks. I hadn't seen most of phase 1 and 2, I started paying attention during phase 3. Watching them all at once really makes it feel more like a really high budget TV show with the phases being a season, and it's made me appreciate the entire franchise at lot more. One bad movie (Thor 2) and one meh movie (Ironman 3) and the rest are very enjoyable imo.