Houston, we have a hooker problem.

HenryJames

50 minutes ago, slorch said:

LMFAO at Shady Acres or anyhwere inside that northern side of 610 being halfway "nice places to live."

No fucking way...

People are dropping  >$1m to live in those neighborhoods so you don’t know what you’re talking about.  Or you don’t understand what neighborhoods he highlighted.  That’s not shady acres. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

1 hour ago, slorch said:

LMFAO at Shady Acres or anyhwere inside that northern side of 610 being halfway "nice places to live."

No fucking way...

FInd me a sub $600K 3-2 with 2000 or more sqft in that area.

Yellow/orange means it is under contract.

https://www.har.com/mapsearch/?map_tools_nwlat=29.83074301010064&map_tools_nwlng=-95.45466484960934&map_tools_selat=29.761622098758547&map_tools_selng=-95.3475481503906&for_sale=1

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

On 5/4/2019 at 12:06 PM, Patricio Swayze said:

This thread needs a reality check.  Not from the triangle, but I can't imagine the talent being that much different.  And by talent, I wouldn't even fuck these women with Rex Kramer's dick.

14042954655_625a8a5ba3_b.jpg

43822829540_58a7b6cc52_b.jpg

41786609824_94d6b48f49_b.jpg

28148210936_98e9e41495_b.jpg

26218934610_2633aafe13_b.jpg

32391357646_53e8f54d17_b.jpg

36553109215_c974423c78_b.jpg

Dang, things have gone downhill since Telephone Rd was the hot spot in town.

12 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Slorch, are you capable of being an adult and admitting you were wrong?

Sure...if I was.

Housing values in H-town rationalize that there is no crime?   It's a gotdam shangri la, right?  There's no fucking way I would live in the area north of I-10, west of 45, and inside the Loop.  Fuck that all to hell.

They might be nice relative to gangland and other inhospitable places, but to most decent folks, they're still shitholes.

Edited by slorch

On 5/5/2019 at 12:15 PM, Patricio Swayze said:

It is safer now. I am 43, so yeah I remember when the heights and rice military were bad. It doesn’t change anything I said about the majority of the city not being a place where you would want to raise a family.

rice military is a couple-few square blocks, situated west of shepherd south of washington east of westcott and north of memorial.  and that's overstating it.  west end is the better descriptor when discussing the area from glenwood cemetery on the east side out to memorial park on the west.

<--- former rice military and current magnolia grove resident

Edited by elfenix

rice military is a couple-few square blocks, situated west of shepherd south of washington east of westcott and north of memorial.  and that's overstating it.  west end is the better descriptor when discussing the area from glenwood cemetery on the east side out to memorial park on the west.

You know what I meant. I am talking the abyss/Vatican days. Not a great area.

18 minutes ago, slorch said:

Sure...if I was.

Housing values in H-town rationalize that there is no crime?   It's a gotdam shangri la, right?  There's no fucking way I would live in the area north of I-10, west of 45, and inside the Loop.  Fuck that all to hell.

You realize that you just ruled out the entire Heights area, right?

1 minute ago, mycox said:

Once again.You're out of your element Slorch. The Heights is more fallmily oriented than hipster these days.

You ignore the heat maps, charts, and crime statistics... which is fair, I guess.  Live where you want.

The Heights might be nice relative to Houston in general.  It still has a high as fuck crime rate and cost of living.

No thanks.

3 minutes ago, dirtonia said:

Slorch = dumb aF

why?  Because I don't buy into hype and horseshit?

Use your illusion, baby.  Clutch it.

Edited by slorch

1 minute ago, slorch said:

You ignore the heat maps, charts, and crime statistics... which is fair, I guess.  Live where you want.

The Heights might be nice relative to Houston in general.  It still has a high as fuck crime rate and cost of living.

No thanks.

Dude.....   I live in Kingwood with kids (middle school.)   If I could afford the Heights, I would be there NOW.  

Just now, Macanudo said:

Dude.....   I live in Kingwood with kids (middle school.)   If I could afford the Heights, I would be there NOW.  

Cool.

Livable Houston looks like an expensive alien dick jizzing all over the poors. If you have a family and the means, you don’t want to live anywhere outside the green.

FP1MVNBD_o.jpeg

I have a problem with this map. I did a police ride along a year ago off 59/69 and we caught us a serial rapist, not just hookers and poop.
  • Like 1

Slorch, you are wrong about the Heights, Oak Forest and Garden Oaks.  Those are indeed highly sought after family areas. I don't know the numbers, but it is a ton of families in there.  The problem is the price, not the crime.  People in cities across the country put up with crime in urban neighborhoods.  My point originally is that the land area of shit in the city is greater than the desirable areas.  And those desirable areas are not accessible but to the top 2% or so of the population.  By income, I have a top 10% household income, but there is no way I am affording to buy in the places I used to rent (The Heights and Oak Forest).

I grew up on the west side in the 70s and 80s. I laugh at your crime talk.

It’s not where you grew up, it’s that 99% of your posts are in the CR. People might actually take you seriously if you actually post outside of that fucking cesspool....especially if your post were more than 3 or 4 meaningless words.
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Hate said:

It’s not where you grew up, it’s that 99% of your posts are in the CR. People might actually take you seriously if you actually post outside of that fucking cesspool....especially if your post were more than 3 or 4 meaningless words.

Oh, this is supposed to be serious? I was thrown off by the map with hookers, poop, and $$$ all over it.

My bad.

13 hours ago, slorch said:

Sure...if I was.

Housing values in H-town rationalize that there is no crime?   It's a gotdam shangri la, right? 

From 2010 to 2019 there have been some changes to my neighborhood.  There are little kids, bikes, families outside and a private security firm that patrols the neighborhood, and the 1940s era homes are being replaced by huge homes and property values have risen significantly.  The crime I worry about most relates to oblivious dipshits speeding down neighborhood streets.   

I know you tend to think in binary but there is a pretty wide gulf between Brazillian Flavellas and Shangri La.   I believe the recent report on Houston in general that violent crime is down 10%  from 2017-2018 and that overall crime is down about 4.5%.  

From 2010 to 2019 there have been some changes to my neighborhood.  There are little kids, bikes, families outside and a private security firm that patrols the neighborhood, and the 1940s era homes are being replaced by huge homes and property values have risen significantly.  The crime I worry about most relates to oblivious dipshits speeding down neighborhood streets.   
I know you tend to think in binary but there is a pretty wide gulf between Brazillian Flavellas and Shangri La.   I believe the recent report on Houston in general that violent crime is down 10%  from 2017-2018 and that overall crime is down about 4.5%.  

Wide gulf indeed. I have been in the absolute worst hoods in Houston. Spent many, many hours in them. They are nothing compared to what I have seen in Brazil and what I imagine shanty towns in South Africa look like.

But, there is a stark difference from independence heights and oak forest. Regardless, slorch’s take is wrong.