Shit I've Cooked Lately

Hollywood

Man, that’s a lot of raw onion.  What up with all the raw onion?

It’s just for the aromatics - Mixed it with sage and just let the meat rest on top of it for 10 minutes. Bonus is, if you like to have them with your meal, they’re cooked by the time the meat is ready to slice.
  • Like 2

Beef tallow fried rice with venison tender marinated in ginger garlic lime smoked over applewood. Caramelized the venison tender chunks in some of the beet crack juice. Then added the rice back. Added some shallots thinly sliced to cook in the residual heat and turned off gas. Served with some homemade tortillas pieces.

9ebf3e37cfe82fa3eb8058d723c21380.jpg

65c74923c5220763f2ff42de5805a897.jpg
f1154ae7113d677a41afa8cc1d86a4c8.jpg

Turned out excellent. Added some red chili flakes at the end for a little bite. Rendering my own beef tallow has been a game changer for cooking. Everything tastes better. Eggs for breakfast, tortillas are just that much better, even a little added to the morning coffee.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Had some brisket in the freezer that I smoked a month ago. Ground it up with some beef for burgers. God damn yes. 

*love a good toasted bun and these were some beautiful potato buns

b28b8bb2-6a95-4f2e-b892-ee4703ccbe5d.jpg

20200420_175652.jpg

Looks great but those are some weird looking fries.

• Like 1

Just gonna dump some stuff in here from the past month-ish, rarely post pictures LMK if this is formatting hell!

spacer.png

Sonoran Hot Dogs  (leftover bacon dogs in above instant ramen)

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

thai basil, pickled red onion, red pepper, chili oil, sesame oil.

cooked on an upside down cast iron at top rack of oven pretending to be a pizza stone. Oven was 550 maxed out. worked OK. 

spacer.png

Cast iron deep dish 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Home ground up some brisket, short rib, sirloin. made burgers on the griddle and covered with stuff. was bomb.

spacer.png

spacer.png

GUMBO

spacer.png

MELT

spacer.png

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Party_Taco said:

015171ba6922a4f45725ae76b783fedf.jpg0cfafe589b9da7ace01aadd7196eb460.jpg29988486897b36ebf51c67163ac36041.jpg24ca228dcaba0d0f071d397d4c51948d.jpg0678fd939d72f5b5b33cd4432c6364ec.jpg

Leftover steak means steak sandwich in this house. This iteration complete with fresh tapenade, grilled onions and cotswald cheese with Dijon and a helping of mayo.

Excellent. That bread looks good...where’d you get that goodness?

• Like 2

Re-created a dish from my favorite Italian joint. They call it Robespierre. Not sure if that is a real dish or not. Start with the highest temp your oven can go and put a heat-proof plate in there. 

Then, roast some potatoes with garlic and rosemary. 

Get a steak (I use a strip) and cook it on something hot as fuck for maybe 90 seconds a side. You want this thing black and blue. 

Slice it thin and lay it on the plate that is hot as fuck. Top with arugula, Olive oil and salt. Put it back in the oven long enough for the arugula to wilt just a bit. 45 seconds or so. 

Pull and put the potatoes on top with a little fresh rosemary and a little more Olive oil. 

Enjoy. 

20200421_193925.jpg

20200421_194051.jpg

20200421_194333.jpg

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Landomatic said:

Not sure if it's me or you, but I can't see these pics.

so I'm using the "insert image from URL" button and linking from google photos, right click on the image and copy image address. 

Can y'all see this? pic and/or the previous post before the one you quoted?

spacer.png

9 minutes ago, cam4mav said:

so I'm using the "insert image from URL" button and linking from google photos, right click on the image and copy image address. 

spacer.png

I can see that one.  I'm on a desktop.

2 hours ago, cam4mav said:

spacer.png

Go to google images. Click on an image. Right click on that i mage, select "Copy Image Address."

Paste that address in the field here, press enter. 

tenor.gif

Like so. 

Hit submit. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Go to google images. Click on an image. Right click on that i mage, select "Copy Image Address."

Paste that address in the field here, press enter. .

tenor.gif

Like so. 

Hit submit. 

Not to be, umm, a douchebag..... but 

🤣

Thanks

Excellent. That bread looks good...where’d you get that goodness?

Baguette game from a local market in St. Michaels, MD (home of Christopher Walken in Wedding Crashers) as did the cotswald.

Little trick: After a couple days, when it goes stale, cut up the desired piece and slice in half. Then heavily wet your hands, rub it down then wrap in a paper towel and microwave for 20 seconds. From there you can toast it and it will be back to prime. Enjoy!

16 hours ago, Party_Taco said:

Little trick: After a couple days, when it goes stale, cut up the desired piece and slice in half. Then heavily wet your hands, rub it down then wrap in a paper towel and microwave for 20 seconds. From there you can toast it and it will be back to prime. Enjoy!

Or just wrap in wet paper towel and microwave.

On 4/21/2020 at 4:32 PM, cam4mav said:

Just gonna dump some stuff in here from the past month-ish, rarely post pictures LMK if this is formatting hell!

spacer.png

ray-charles-i-cant-see-shit.jpg

you can't post images directly from google photos on here.  or anywhere, afaik.  at least, not if you want them to stick around.  the token expires or something.

or follow sydney's directions

Edited by elfenix
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, cam4mav said:

hmm yeah must be a timeout issue cause it was working at first?

Oh well. Do people still imgur? shaggy have an image server? Best practices?

imgur does not work with surly.  we got blacklisted because our bandwidth went from 0 to 100 in no time.  imgbb and tapatalk both work. 

• Like 2