Europe has too many Tourists - Bloomberg

Ted Lange

4 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Co2, whatever, beer fizz in America, no beer fizz in Irish Guinness.  Leave me to my perversion.  I admitted I didn't like Irish Guiness, that was brave in and of itself.

Still wrong. They use nitrogen.

Not sure if the OPs article or someone else mentioned it but I read anarticle last week in The Atlantic saying much the same thing but pointed out how much Chinese tourism is way up.   something like 10 mm traveled in in the early 2000s.   it's now over 100 million.    that will only grow and then its India, Indonesia and Pakistan's turn to start sending millions more around the globe.

On 6/13/2019 at 11:15 AM, gecko said:

It's the same issue - my wife and I have encountered them from Utah to Ireland to Australia:

1.  They travel in large groups and have no courtesy of others.  They will step into your photo shot without remorse
2.  They will walk in packs (sometimes 3-4 abreast) and take up a whole trail.  They are completely unprepared for the trail conditions therefore walk slowly and awkwardly
3.  They never stop talking...I've seen groups of 8 or more people and they are all talking at the same time.

They clog the passageways between hotels in Vegas at tradeshows and i've given up being polite.  I just plow right in to them.  They are like flyover kettles, just outside of the airport.  And in much larger numbers.

19 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

In fairness to the Americans etc... I have seen all over the place here, bad service sucks no matter what country you're in.  And I have seen it too often among the Dutch. 

There are only two things I cannot stand in this world.  People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

• Like 4

On 6/19/2019 at 1:48 AM, gecko said:

I got the dreaded SSSS on my boarding pass this morning. God grant me the strength not to cop an attitude and get myself arrested by German airport security

Triple Secret Squirrel? 

On 6/13/2019 at 8:53 AM, Nueces River Rat said:

So tell me.   Are the Chinese tourists sort of like the Japanese were back in the 70's and 80's with their 35mm cameras and all that jazz?   I haven't traveled much internationally in the last few years other than Mexico nor have I visted some better known USA tourist areas like DC or NYC.  

Yes, but add the selfie sticks, as if those tourist groups didn't take up enough space as it is.

16 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Yes, but add the selfie sticks, as if those tourist groups didn't take up enough space as it is.

that, and - their fully outstretched arms in the “look at meeee I’m on top of the worlllld” poses as if they just scaled fucking Kilimanjaro - which of course they will shove you out of the way to try to get -  done not only at every single one of the busiest and most crowded attractions and sights, to such picturesque places as ... jam packed stairwells, in front of trash dumpsters, random building walls, ratty street cats, the private property of local residents.  

Also add playing follow the leader with the tour guide with the yellow umbrella held up in the air.  And they're following behind in a single file line stretched out for two blocks and don't give a shit how much they get in the way of everyone.