Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

50 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Hasn’t he been posting 40 Times in the upper 4.7s?

Even from electronically timed to hand timed, that’s a big drop. But I wouldn’t think an event like this would have hand timed 40s. 

What are you talking about? Last year he ran a 4.51 at 5-11, 196 lbs.

https://www.theopening.com/2018-houston-results

52 minutes ago, SLChorn said:

What are you talking about? Last year he ran a 4.51 at 5-11, 196 lbs.

https://www.theopening.com/2018-houston-results

I’m talking about 4.7+ times listed in this thread from this calendar year. 

If he ran a 4.51 last year and this year with 4.7+ times earlier this year, then yes, these are hand timed 40s. 

Edited by Napoleon

4 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

If he ran a 4.51 last year and this year with 4.7+ times earlier this year, then yes, these are hand timed 40s. 

I think you're confusing Evans and Omeire. I've never seen a reference to Evans running a 4.7.

23 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Are you a retard?

Edited by cdain3
  • Haha 1

Lucci has not listed his top 44 because he is scared shitless.  Texas and OU sucks may make it hard to spin this cycle.  Texas wins a bunch of big time recruits and Jimbo has to scour the nation for fools that are not familiar with College Station and the nut squeezing burr heads.  Most of the SEC territory and the West Coast seem to be getting wise.  Tennessee high school boys, not so much.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

Lucci has not listed his top 44 because he is scared shitless.  Texas and OU sucks may make it hard to spin this cycle.  Texas wins a bunch of big time recruits and Jimbo has to scour the nation for fools that are not familiar with College Station and the nut squeezing burr heads.  Most of the SEC territory and the West Coast seem to be getting wise.  Tennessee high school boys, not so much.  

I mean, Garrett Hayes is now the best OL in-state for 2020 according to Looch.

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

2 hours ago, cdain3 said:

Are you a retard?

You know how I know you're stupid?

You can't tell times. Even aggy can tell a hand-held time, so you must be complete shit for brains.

Says right here that Demas' time was Hand-timed.

So Evans' time was HAND-TIMED. So according to this website, Evans' time was probably ~ 0.22 seconds faster because of it being hand timed. How to calculate hand timed vs laser timed: https://www.naseinc.com/blog/hand-timed-vs-electronic-timed-40-yard-dash/

"If the run was hand-timed you can add between 0.22 and 0.26 seconds depending on if it was an experienced or novice coach."

I'll put it in an equation, for complete morons like @cdain3.

4.51 (Evans' hand-timed 40-yard dash)
+.22 ( or even .26 for the difference between hand-timed & laser-timed)
-----------
4.73 (or even 4.77) second 40-yard dash for Zachary Evans, 2020 RB

That's not very fast, but as long as he is quick and strong and has great lateral movement and vision, he can be a college stud and will eventually have a solid NFL career. Emmitt Smith wasn't fast either but he was extremely elusive.

If any dumb shits need help with basic math, please use the google, I don't care enough to help you overcome brain damage.

Edited by Napoleon
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 4

13 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

You can't tell times. Even aggy can tell a hand-held time, so you must be complete shit for brains.

So Evans' time was HAND-TIMED. So according to this website, Evans' time was probably ~ 0.22 seconds faster because of it being hand timed. How to calculate hand timed vs laser timed: https://www.naseinc.com/blog/hand-timed-vs-electronic-timed-40-yard-dash/

"If the run was hand-timed you can add between 0.22 and 0.26 seconds depending on if it was an experienced or novice coach."

-----------

That's not very fast, but as long as he is quick and strong and has great lateral movement and vision, he can be a college stud and will eventually have a solid NFL career. Emmitt Smith wasn't fast either but he was extremely elusive.

If any dumb shits need help with basic math, please use the google, I don't care enough to help you overcome brain damage.

The 4.51 was laser he ran a 4.4 hand time big guy.

6 minutes ago, Bevonuggets said:

The 4.51 was laser he ran a 4.4 hand time big guy.

Is there a site where one can see the times?

if Delmas ran a hand-timed 4.36, then a 4.58 to 4.62 laser-timed 40 would not have been the fastest 40 at The Open, unless they were at different “Opens”.

I apologize for trying to use logic and basic math on a recruiting board, but I have a large percentage of German ancestry. 

6 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Is there a site where one can see the times?

if Delmas ran a hand-timed 4.36, then a 4.58 to 4.62 laser-timed 40 would not have been the fastest 40 at The Open, unless they were at different “Opens”.

I apologize for trying to use logic and basic math on a recruiting board, but I have a large percentage of German ancestry. 

Do you have turrets? Hand times are all over the place. You can’t just add .22 to any hand time and get right time. 

Also, they run laser times for testing, but not for the fastest man race, so everyone will have laser timed 40s posted in like a week to the opening regionals site. It does seem like guys were running unusually fast times today. 

But I think the real takeaway is for you to chill the fuck out about times. None of them will be exact. Theyre only good for thinking of a range of a guy’s speed.

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Like 6

38 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

-----------

You're being a bit ridiculous and obviously don't understand how this event works, so I'll explain. All of the 40 yard dash times are laser, not hand-timed. Your tweet example above is a fun little side competition where they line up the two participants with the best 40 times and have them race. Since this race is just for fun and bragging rights, it isn't timed at all, hence the tweet's author having to hand-time it.

I hope that this helps but, if not, I guess you can continue to act immature and swear at people.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

-----------

I just went outside and ran a hand-timed 3.5. So based on this legitimate and not-at-all asinine conversion, I ran a 3.71 laser-timed 40. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Mike Roach: Observations from The Opening Houston regional

—Five-star North Shore running back Zachary Evans lit up the testing scoreboard today, but he didn’t participate in many one-on-one reps. Evans was told by testing personnel he ran a 4.4 flat, but his official time was 4.51. In the few reps Evans did take, he showed off excellent quickness and elusiveness as he made linebackers miss in small spaces. Camps aren’t built for great running back performances, but Evans showed elite athletic traits through testing.

—Alfred Collins and Chad Lindberg did not participate in one-on-ones. Collins showed up at the wrong time, and he only took part in testing. Lindberg measured in but opted to sit out of the one-on-one drills.

—Four-star Cy-Ridge defensive lineman Vernon Broughton had some strong reps on the day. When he was fully engaging his lower body, Broughton was very difficult to stop. He played mostly on the edge, but he did show some inside ability. Broughton measured in at 6-foot-5, 288 pounds, and he showed some inconsistency with his technique on reps where he was beat.

—Bellaire Episcopal offensive lineman Donovan Jackson won offensive line MVP after turning in a dominant performance. Jackson is growing, and his technique is excellent. Jackson’s knowledge of the game and sound fundamentals carry him a long way, but he’s more athletic than he’s given credit for. In a class full of monsters in 2021, Jackson has every right to be in the conversation for the top spot.

—North Shore OL Damieon George showed strings of flat out dominance during the one-on-one portion. There were times he was beat by faster players on the edge, but if George got his hands on a defensive lineman, he usually buried them. George has great size and length, and he shows some ability to move laterally.

—Katy Taylor offensive tackle Hayden Conner had a good showing at tackle during camp. The four-star prospect used his length well, and he showed quickness and intelligence. Conner has an excellent frame, and he’s starting to fill it out in the optimal way. He’s another 2021 elite.

—Katy Taylor guard Bryce Foster tested out better than anyone in the offensive line group. He also showed pure power during one-on-ones as he bullied anyone who went up against him. Foster has a great frame with good quickness, but his power is overwhelming. He’s also in great shape, and he should be able to play early.

—Manor DL Princely Umanmielen started slow, but he finished with one of the best performances of any defensive lineman there. Umanmielen is starting to use his length better, and he rushed from the inside today working his quickness against guards and centers. Umanmielen has some exciting athletic traits that should make for strong development at the next level.

—Four-star wide receiver Troy Omeire banged up his knee, but when he was on the field he showed good fluidity for his size. Omeire’s understanding of how to use his body is his greatest asset, and his long legs cover a ton of ground. Omeire is a perfect fit as an “x” receiver who can make big plays in one-on-one coverage.

—Shadow Creek safety Xavion Alford tested and performed well during the camp. Alford was at a disadvantage being asked to only participate in man coverage drills, but his football IQ and field awareness are huge assets to his performance. Alford is a fit at any safety position and he shows good size and athletic ability.

—2021 North Shore ATH Shadrach Banks may be built like a linebacker, but in the post-Lil’Jordan Humphrey world, there is a space for that type of player to make an impact in the slot. Banks showed plenty of speed, and he caught nearly everything that came his way. Like Humphrey, Banks showed superior body control and fluidity for his thick build.

—2022 Atascocita offensive lineman Kam Dewberry opened the most eyes today. As an upcoming sophomore in high school Dewberry was one of the best on the field in a group of older players. Dewberry has a good frame with long arms, and he showed great quickness and footwork at the point of attack. He held up well against power rushers, and he is on an elite path of development.

Mike Roach: The Opening Houston: notes from OL/DL session

—Four-star 2020 offensive lineman Chad Lindberg is fresh off of recent visits to Clemson, Georgia and Georgia Tech. He plans to be back in Austin for the Texas spring game, and he said the staff is recruiting him very hard. He’s hearing from Texas commits Logan Parr and Jake Majors as well. Lindberg would like to decide at the end of the summer, and he mentioned LSU, Oklahoma, Auburn, Georgia and Georgia Tech as other schools standing out to him.

—Four-star 2020 defensive lineman Vernon Broughton just returned from a visit to LSU where he said he was fed very well. Broughton said he’s still working out which spring games he will attend, but he did mention that Texas is still very high on his list because of the relationship with Oscar Giles. I also got the sense that Broughton’s family prefers Texas at this point. LSU and Texas A&M were also mentioned as schools he is high on.

—Four-star North Shore offensive lineman Damieon George is planning to cut to a Top 5 list during the summer. He mentioned Alabama, LSU and Georgia as schools he know that will make it for sure. George said that Texas would fall in at number four behind those three schools, and he likes the proximity to home. He plans to make a late summer decision.

—2022 Atascocita offensive lineman Kam Dewberry is a name to know. Dewberry played left tackle across from Texas A&M signee Kenyon Green. Dewberry had a very strong day during the camp and made it to the final grouping. He’s been in heavy contact with Texas, Baylor and Houston early on, and he plans to be at the Texas spring game.

—2021 Bellaire Episcopal offensive lineman Donovan Jackson is planning to get back to Austin for a spring practice. He said the he will be at State the weekend of the spring game, and he joked that his mother was upset she wouldn’t be able to see Ludacris in concert. Jackson’s family is originally from Ohio, so the Buckeyes have a strong pull there.

—2020 Manor DL Princely Umanmielen has been looking at depth charts to see where he fits in best. His preference is to play in a four-man front on the strong side, but he also said he’s comfortable playing the 4i in an odd front. He mentioned his relationship with Tom Herman and Oscar Giles and the proximity to home as things that stick out. He has upcoming visits planned to LSU and Oklahoma.

One visit to A&M, and now Princely's "preference" is to play SDE in a four-man front... great.

Edited by satyanash
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Mike Roach: Observations from The Opening Houston regional

Mike Roach: The Opening Houston: notes from OL/DL session

One visit to A&M, and now Princely's "preference" is to play SDE in a four-man front... great.

Posted on the aggy thread, but Jimbo and Elko negative recruited the shit out our defensive alignment.