Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

32 minutes ago, deech said:

Why?  Kids make the choices they make for tons of different reasons.   No one is a lock for Texas just because family ties or high school or anything.  It's the coaches jobs to recruit players they believe will help us win a national championship and have back up plans ready if they don't.  

Every 9.95er has their bullshit spin for their school. Depth chart, friends who are already on the team, parents who went to the school, the incredible personal rleationship that player has with only their coach.  It's all bullshit. 

Get the fuck out of here 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

54 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Like, telling RG3 he might make a decent safety prospect level of fucktardedness. 

Honestly, I still think the single biggest factor in Griffin's recruitment that eliminated us was the fact that whichever coach on our staff was recruiting him (poorly) just left his offer on a coach's desk at his high school when no one was there. He couldn't even wait to actually talk to a coach, much less Griffin himself.

That said, Briles was on him early and built a relationship with him before Griffin was even seriously considering playing college football. He was originally just going to run track, maybe at Tennessee or Houston.

Just now, Bodacious Bevo said:

Yeah guys, when we lose recruiting battles it always works out ok. That's why we've been so good for the last decade. Just look at QB recruiting. Sure we missed on RG3/Manziel/tons of other great Texas HS QBs but we replaced them with capable players so it's all good. 

I've never said it always works out.  We missed out Peterson and it burns because of how good he was.  Our coaches fucked all the qb decisions the last thee years of the Mack Brown era.  It has an impact on the field and that's why it's fun to track.  But this staff works its ass off in my opinion compared to the last two.  They fill in with JUCOs. I have faith that they will still find ways to get the job done.  I'm just saying I don't understand overreacting so much about one recruit when half the information about the recruit is 9.95er bullshit that is being packaged to sell subscriptions.

While being a legacy is important, it doesn't hold that every legacy commits. While being close in proximity to Austin helps, we are now recruiting nationally as well.  I get why losing a left tackle to Stanford is awful because our coach dropped a gigantic shit at his families house.  I don't mean to imply everything works out or it's all good. Just that there are very little locks with 18 year old kids and none of us outside of a select few on here (not me) have any real insights to what is going on behind the scenes.  

Looking back at Collins' visits during the season, he visited A&M for the Clemson game, and then went to four straight Texas home games, including back to back big wins against USC and TCU; the others were Baylor and WVU. So he went to Clemson instead of Tulsa, and didn't make Iowa State, but visited every game in between, and made four out of six home games. 

He then visited the first weekend recruits are allowed to visit after the dead period

I wonder if a small part of his not visiting since is him already seeing Texas five times in five months?

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, deech said:

Because I get some back story on the kids that play football and their recruitment.  I read actual quotes from the players at times.  I can see how hard this coaching staff works compared to the last two at recruiting.  I'm not saying it's not fun to talk recruiting.  Just that melting down over one 18 year old isn't worth it. 

First, off, "Melting Down" over one 18 year old may not be worth it to you, but showing up in a room and telling people how THEY should react to something rarely ends well, regardless of topic or context. See the Cloak Room. Additionally, if you're just looking for quotes and some background, you can always read and leave. That being said, I remember being told melting down over 18 year old kids was stupid in 2007-2010. Everything works out. I remember being told melting down over Greg Davis while we were winning 10 games was stupid. I remember being told I was being a cunt for being harsh on Charlie Strong right out of the gate. It's always some people telling you you're melting down over nothing right up until everyone else decides it's time for everyone to melt down. But if we waited for that, then what's the point of even having a discussion board?

This isn't a meltdown. But, if I were melting down over anything, it's not over an 18 year old. That's where you're completely missing the point. I'm pissed over a systemic, multi-year issue coaching issue with multiple trend-lines that has direct negative effects on our roster and our ability to take the next step as an elite program. And even more frustrating, it's a problem with several not very difficult solutions. So I'm not melting down over an 18 year old, I'm melting down over a program deficiency, no different than Strong's attention to Special Teams, or Mack Brown's refusal to recruit past June of each calendar year. 

And I don't give a fuck if this staff works so much better than the last one recruiting, going from last to 2nd isn't what I or most others want for this program. I'd like to be the BEST, not just Better Than Charlie. So while there may be less things to gripe about these days, and I'm grateful, when I see shit I will comment about it. If you feel differently, that's great. Good for you. But this is a discussion board. I am discussing. 

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, deech said:

While being a legacy is important, it doesn't hold that every legacy commits. While being close in proximity to Austin helps, we are now recruiting nationally as well.  I get why losing a left tackle to Stanford is awful because our coach dropped a gigantic shit at his families house.  I don't mean to imply everything works out or it's all good. Just that there are very little locks with 18 year old kids and none of us outside of a select few on here (not me) have any real insights to what is going on behind the scenes.  

You cite a couple different data points here that are important to many, but maybe not all recruits in that scenario. And that's fine. But what if the kid is a Legacy? What if the kid ALSO lives in close proximity to Austin? What if that kid ALSO has current familiar ties to the school administration? One of these things in a silo, to a single kid might not matter. But when you start stacking multiple advantages on top of each other and seem to be losing momentum for a kid who has every reason to be committed and now can't be bothered to take the time to hit our spring game, well, the picture painted isn't quite as blase, now is it? To a kid who says Burnt Orange is in his blood. You'd better HOPE that Fud's theory turns out to be true, because otherwise you've got an issue, and it's an issue that those of us who pay attention have seen year after year at a particular position. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

For anyone else who didn’t know the details of the legacy angle with Collins:

Collins is also a Texas legacy. His mother, the former Benita Pollard, played for the Texas Longhorns women’s basketball team for four seasons (the 1990-91 to 1993-94 seasons) and was named Team MVP after her senior year.

Is his dad a UT alum as well?  Or could he be pushing him to explore all his options?

8 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

First, off, "Melting Down" over one 18 year old may not be worth it to you, but showing up in a room and telling people how THEY should react to something rarely ends well, regardless of topic or context. See the Cloak Room. Additionally, if you're just looking for quotes and some background, you can always read and leave. That being said, I remember being told melting down over 18 year old kids was stupid in 2007-2010. Everything works out. I remember being told melting down over Greg Davis while we were winning 10 games was stupid. I remember being told I was being a cunt for being harsh on Charlie Strong right out of the gate. It's always some people telling you you're melting down over nothing right up until everyone else decides it's time for everyone to melt down. But if we waited for that, then what's the point of even having a discussion board?

This isn't a meltdown. But, if I were melting down over anything, it's not over an 18 year old. That's where you're completely missing the point. I'm pissed over a systemic, multi-year issue coaching issue with multiple trend-lines that has direct negative effects on our roster and our ability to take the next step as an elite program. And even more frustrating, it's a problem with several not very difficult solutions. So I'm not melting down over an 18 year old, I'm melting down over a program deficiency, no different than Strong's attention to Special Teams, or Mack Brown's refusal to recruit past June of each calendar year. 

And I don't give a fuck if this staff works so much better than the last one recruiting, going from last to 2nd isn't what I or most others want for this program. I'd like to be the BEST, not just Better Than Charlie. So while there may be less things to gripe about these days, and I'm grateful, when I see shit I will comment about it. If you feel differently, that's great. Good for you. But this is a discussion board. I am discussing. 

Great post. I don't mean to sound like I don't think it's of value discussing any aspect of recruiting or how some of those failures at a particular position group impact things on the field or even indicate a greater problem with a particular position coach or the school/ad.  I enjoy the hell out of everyone's post even the meltdowns for the lulz.  I was just trying to say that sometimes recruits decisions don't implicate the coach directly or even the school.  Especially when the 9.95ers feed everyone bullshit for subscriptions. 

But I also recognize that some of the shit I'm saying is clearly rubbing people the wrong way so I'll back away from the keyboard some and reevaluate as I'm not trying to be a windbag or troll.  I've been reading shit here for a long, long time and truly appreciate what everyone else posts here especially those that I do believe have inside info. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Fud said:

Looking back at Collins' visits during the season, he visited A&M for the Clemson game, and then went to four straight Texas home games, including back to back big wins against USC and TCU; the others were Baylor and WVU. So he went to Clemson instead of Tulsa, and didn't make Iowa State, but visited every game in between, and made four out of six home games. 

He then visited the first weekend recruits are allowed to visit after the dead period

I wonder if a small part of his not visiting since is him already seeing Texas five times in five months?

_99372497_whatsubject.jpg

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, BigVegasHorn26 said:

For anyone else who didn’t know the details of the legacy angle with Collins:

Collins is also a Texas legacy. His mother, the former Benita Pollard, played for the Texas Longhorns women’s basketball team for four seasons (the 1990-91 to 1993-94 seasons) and was named Team MVP after her senior year.

Is his dad a UT alum as well?  Or could he be pushing him to explore all his options?

Also, Kelvontay Dixon is Keaontay Ingram's brother, and Shipley and McCoy's dads roomed together 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Everyone needs to chill the fuck out about Giles and Collins. Do any of you even know how bad the traffic in Austin gets? Especially going east on 290 during rush hour. You think GIles is going to sit in traffic for 2 hours to go see a prospect who should just come here anyways? He's got much better things he can be spending his time on and if any of you were coaches you would know that. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

E.J. Holland: Five-star RB Bijan Robinson ready to see Texas

Texas is gearing up to host a huge recruit for its spring game next month. Five-star Salpointe Catholic (AZ) running back Bijan Robinson is making his way to Austin for an unofficial visit and is excited for his first look at the program. “I’m actually visiting Texas with my coaches,” Robinson said. “We are going out there just to check it out and see if I like it. I just want to see the players and what kind of relationships they have with the coaches. I just want to vibe with everybody. I’m excited to talk to Coach (Tim) Beck and everyone.”

Texas offensive coordinator Tim Beckhas strong ties in the state of Arizona — he was the former head coach at Saguaro High School — and has been running point in this recruitment. So far, Beck has done a tremendous job of recruiting Robinson. “I talk to Coach Beck all the time,” Robinson said. “That’s who I really talk to a lot. Coach Beck is the man. I love his personality and how outgoing he is. He’s a great recruiter and knows how to get players to his school.”

Robinson added that he is impressed with the way the Longhorns are recruiting out West and has been in contact with some of the signees. “I talk to Jake Smith and them all the time,” Robinson said. “I just talk to them about the recruiting process and how they love Texas. I just want to get my own feel for it.” Robinson also likes the program’s tradition as well as the idea of spending his college career in Austin. “Austin is just a great city,” Robinson said. “I really like the tradition at Texas. I also like what they are doing right now with the come up. That’s really impacting me.”

Along with Texas, Robinson is looking to make visits to Ohio State and Oklahoma this spring. At 6-foot, 200 pounds, Robinson is ranked as the No. 5 running back and No. 26 overall prospect in the country, per 247Sports Composite.

Missing on Dontavious Jackson wasn’t a big deal?  Man... good thing we have a RS freshman and a true freshman with no actual playing experience ready to start at MLB ....one of the most important positions on the defense.  I’m sure LSU, OU, TCU, OSU also won’t think it’s a big deal and they definitely won’t try to exploit our lack of experience or depth at the LB spot.  Don’t understand why you guys are complaining about missing players at need positions... it will work itself out.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Missing on Dontavious Jackson wasn’t a big deal?  Man... good thing we have a RS freshman and a true freshman with no actual playing experience ready to start at MLB ....one of the most important positions on the defense.  I’m sure LSU, OU, TCU, OSU also won’t think it’s a big deal and they definitely won’t try to exploit our lack of experience or depth at the LB spot.  Don’t understand why you guys are complaining about missing players at need positions... it will work itself out.  

This.  Worthy of burning, at a minimum, two couches and tanneriting my wifes car.  

burningcouch1.jpg

2 hours ago, deech said:

But this staff works its ass off in my opinion compared to the last two.  They fill in with JUCOs. I have faith that they will still find ways to get the job done. 

That's all well and good but do not and I mean DO NOT charge up Giles Hill.  You will be cut down by several M2 .50 caliber machine guns.  I kid I kid.  Everybody relax.  Oh wait, can't say that either.

• Like 1

If I know I am visiting both schools, I would damn sure want to visit College Station when there was something exciting going on. Because it sucks otherwise.  And if he is bought and paid for, then it doesn’t matter where he visits when. I think we land him. 

Here's the Bud Elliot interview with Zach Evans and Dameion George: https://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2019/3/20/18274271/zachary-evans-recruit-running-back-damieon-george-texas-lsu

Looks like Texas, LSU, and Bama have separated themselves for Dameion George.

HOUSTON, Texas — Zachary Evans might be the best running back recruit from the state of Texas since Adrian Peterson. He is on a very short list of players in the running to be the top 2020 recruit in the country.

From Houston North Shore HS, Evans is exactly what teams want in a running back: fast, balanced, physical, shifty, instinctive, and tough. He averaged almost 12 yards per carry as a junior against some of the nation’s toughest competition.

Evans is 5’11, 200, and posted a 136 Nike SPARQ rating (a composite rating of the 40-yard dash, vertical leap, agility drills, and power ball throw) at the Houston Nike Opening, which is one of the highest scores ever recorded. That’s up from a 119 last year.

His 3.84-second shuttle run at his size is freakish.

He holds more than 40 scholarship offers, and should be an instant-impact player at the college level.

But getting him to sign won’t be simple for the school that eventually lands him. Because Evans is doing his research. All of his research.

“I want to get to know people’s strength coordinators,” Evans said.
“That’s who you’re gonna spend a lot of time with anyway. I want to feel comfort with them.”

Evans singled out the Texas strength staff as one with which he is impressed.

“He’s loud. He has a lot of energy,” Evans said of the Texas staff. “Me, I’m an energy person when I work out. We have a big speaker in the weight room, we listen to YoungBoy and stuff like that.”

Evans is also paying attention to the offensive linemen that school are recruiting.
“I look at the class ahead of me, the class with me, and the class behind me,” Evans said. “Those are the people I’ll be playing with. I’ve really been following o-linemen. And I know a QB is going to come with me, and he’ll want to be protected where I go.”

So what schools are doing a good job with offensive line recruiting according to Evans?

“I never really talk much about them, but Ohio State is doing really good,” Evans said. “A&M has a couple good ones, UT has a couple good ones.”

Evans mentioned that Texas four-star guard commitment Logan Parr, of Helotes O’Connor HS, hits him up. He’d also be a fan of League City Clear Creek HS four-star tackle Chad Lindberg committing to Texas, which is seen as likely.

“That would be someone I know is committed. It would be nice to have another hog up there.”

“But really, it’s just Damieon though.”
That’s Damieon George, Evans’ four-star tackle teammate at North Shore. I speak to hundreds of prospects every year, and often hear about proposed package deals. Rarely do they work out. Usually, the talk is has more of a “it would be nice to play together” tenor than “this is absolutely a package deal.” Plans fall through, and prospects do what is best for themselves.

But Evans and George seem more serious than most. And George is good. This isn’t a case of a five-star trying to get a two-star pal an offer. George is a 6’7, 348-pound mountain of a tackle with improving coordination, balance, and confidence.

“I’m just rocking with Damieon. I’m going wherever Damieon goes,” Evans said. “That’s blood. It’s already there. There ain’t no ifs, ands, or buts. Ain’t no last minute changes.”

So with what schools does George have the best connections?.

“LSU, Bama, and UT (Texas),” George said.
And he expounded on each one a bit.

George’s most recent visit was to Alabama.

“The school, the coaching staff, the campus, they made me feel welcome and at home,” George said. “[Alabama tight ends] coach [Jeff] Banks, he keeps it rea. He doesn’t tell me lies. He keeps it real and lets me know how I did. And he is funny.”

The day before the Alabama visit, George went to LSU. He was happy to be in his home state, get some gumbo, and chat with head coach Ed Orgeron.

“I’m from New Orleans originally,” George said. “That’s home for me. And the food. I’m from the West Bank, Gretna.”

George added that he does not have a preference between seafood gumbo and the chicken/sausage variety.

He also took in Texas for the UT elite junior day in February.

“[Texas offensive line] coach Herb Hand and [tight ends] coach [Corby] Meekins,” George said when asked who he connects with in Austin, adding that they talk all the time.

How much of a gap exists between Alabama, LSU, and Texas and other schools?

“A lot,” George said. “Because they talk to me on the regular, and a lot of schools don’t take the time to talk to me and check up on me. I don’t want to always talk about football. Those coaches ask me about my life, how school is going.”

George would like to decide before his senior season so that he can focus on defending North Shore’s state title. But he is not an early enrollee, so if need be he could push his decision all the way until February.

I asked Evans about the schools standing out to George, and whether there was a gap between them and the other schools for him.
”It matches up. I’m a high priority for them. But in order for me to really be a rock and priority, you gotta take care of Damieon, too. I can’t just go to a school where my path is clear for me and his is a rough road. If his is a rough road, mine’s a rough road.”

But what schools are talking about George the most, according to Evans?

“The most? I’d say it’s like five schools that’s really on the same pace right now,” Evans said. “Oklahoma, LSU, I talk to some of the Alabama coaches, Auburn is starting to pick it up, and Ole Miss.”

Though George said Texas communicates with him often, Evans didn’t seem as aware of that based on his answer.

“Texas sends a little flyer or whatever, do what they can.” Evans said. “I don’t know if they’re communicating with Damieon. They’re communicating with me, but as soon as we get on the phone, my first question is, ‘Has Damieon been talked to yet?’ I don’t like when people just, if you know if we’re coming together, I just don’t like us being apart.”

Evans has a top 15, but has six he knows will be there for him in the end.
“I’m strongly considering at least six. We know the path we’re going down, we just need to pick the school.”

“Tennessee,” Evans said. “That [visit] was a big game changer. Tennessee, honestly, I thought Tennessee was grass country. I went up there, that’s a whole city. And their facility, that’s the best facility I’ve ever seen. Besides like Alabama’s. People say [Texas] has a lot of money, but you literally have to go to Tennessee, drive around Tennessee. It felt like home on the visit.

“Texas, Texas will be there.

“LSU will be there.

“Georgia will be up there.

“Alabama? I don’t know yet. I don’t talk to them a lot.

What about Oklahoma or Texas A&M? “Maybe Oklahoma,” Evans said, noting he likes OU’s offensive line recruiting better than that of the Aggies.

Evans and George believe they can accomplish their educational goals anywhere.
“I want to be a surgeon, and he wants to coach, but he hasn’t really decided yet,” Evans said. “It’s where we find a home, where we find it comfortable.”

But distance is going to matter.
“Yes,” Evans said, when asked if distance from his Houston home matters. “I mean, come on, I’m not getting my grandma on three flights.”

Texas quarterback commit Hudson Card is recruiting Evans hard, and has been emphasizing the distance aspect.

“He says you can go to the league from anywhere. You put up your numbers, put up your stats, let’s go, do it in your backyard, you don’t have to leave the state to do it.”

But it’s not a state pride thing.

“I’m trying to take care of my family. I’m not worried about what anyone’s opinion is. I’m going to take care of my family and do right by them.”

What’s next?
Evans and George were supposed to visit Clemson, but had to postpone that trip. They would like to make it to the Tigers’ spring game on April 6.

The read
Among local recruiting experts, Texas is seen as the likely destination for Evans. And based on his desire to play with George, perhaps LSU should be considered a strong contender as well. Both schools fit with with Evans’ desire to play close to home.

But it is too early to discount any schools within driving distance or a short flight.

Wherever Evans goes, he’ll have made an informed decision thanks to the research he is doing.

Edited by Machinator
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Nope said:

Interesting that Evans said “we” multiple times when referring to Texas

Uh, no he didn't? Did we read the same article? He referenced "We" with himself and George, but that was it. If you're referring to this line:

“He’s loud. He has a lot of energy,” Evans said of the Texas staff. “Me, I’m an energy person when I work out. We have a big speaker in the weight room, we listen to YoungBoy and stuff like that.”

I'm pretty sure he's saying that Yancy has a lot of energy, and when he workouts out at home they have a big speaker that plays YoungBoy, etc. He's comparing Yancy's workouts to how he likes to work out at home. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

4 hours ago, Machinator said:

Here's the Bud Elliot interview with Zach Evans and Dameion George: https://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2019/3/20/18274271/zachary-evans-recruit-running-back-damieon-george-texas-lsu

Looks like Texas, LSU, and Bama have separated themselves for Dameion George.

After reading this interview, I’m not sure Evans is “aligned” with Herman’s program.  I think Evans is taking playing with George too far when it’s important to him if coaches are hitting up his buddy a lot.  And what’s up with this “I want to be a surgeon” business?  Shouldn’t he be focusing on his undergraduate degree first?  Does he want to major in “surgeoning”.?  In a couple of years, is he going to insist that George start or he’s not playing?  Something ain’t right.  Maybe we should focus on the 5* Rb out of AZ that’s visiting us this week.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 15

After reading this interview, I’m not sure Evans is “aligned” with Herman’s program.  I think Evans is taking playing with George too far when it’s important to him if coaches are hitting up his buddy a lot.  And what’s up with this “I want to be a surgeon” business?  Shouldn’t he be focusing on his undergraduate degree first?  Does he want to major in “surgeoning”.?  In a couple of years, is he going to insist that George start or he’s not playing?  Something ain’t right.  Maybe we should focus on the 5* Rb out of AZ that’s visiting us this week.

Here’s the deal. You’re looking too into things

20 minutes ago, Here’s the deal said:

Kid is doing tons of research into his college choice, is fiercely loyal to his teammate, and has high aspirations both on and off the field? Definitely not aligned with Herman.

8 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Kid is doing tons of research into his college choice, is fiercely loyal to his teammate, and has high aspirations both on and off the field? Definitely not aligned with Herman.

Look, I’m not giving up on Evans.  He’s a great player and would love to have him.  And I have to trust the coaches to evaluate him fully.  I’m just saying there might be some red flags.  These are some quotes that might peak my interest if I was a coach.

If his is a rough road, mine’s a rough road.

But in order for me to really be a rock and priority, you gotta take care of Damieon, too.

Texas sends a little flyer or whatever, do what they can.” Evans said. “I don’t know if they’re communicating with Damieon. They’re communicating with me, but as soon as we get on the phone, my first question is, ‘Has Damieon been talked to yet?

I just don’t like us being apart.

Dude relax.  Evans has been known to give the weirdest interviews.  He seems extremely disinterested in whatever college they ask questions about.  George gave 2 different reports 2 different top 3s in the same day.  Most people agree that they are fucking with the reporters.  Evans has visited Texas more than any school, raves about Yancy.  He consistently has stated that he likes the o-line classes Herman has put together, and we are the closest school for his family to come see him.  It will come down to LSU and Texas and if we win that game against them and have a 10 win season.... great chance he'll be in burnt orange.  

1 hour ago, Here’s the deal said:

You are reading too much in to it. It’s selected quotes from a recruiting analyst Evans has probably never seen before. I wouldn’t call it trolling, but it does appear Evans likes to mess with reporters a bit. Don’t worry about the surgeon thing either. If we had a dime for every recruit that told a reporter he wanted to get an MBA, law school, etc and then came to UT and studied exercise science we would all be rich. Pay more attention to Card telling Evans they can play at UT and then make $$$(NFL). And I think he’s playing up the package deal with George. Saying it to a reporter is one thing and saying it to Herman is another. I’m not worried at all. 

Edited by Irieguy

36 minutes ago, Irieguy said:

You are reading too much in to it. It’s selected quotes from a recruiting analyst Evans has probably never seen before. I wouldn’t call it trolling, but it does appear Evans likes to mess with reporters a bit. Don’t worry about the surgeon thing either. If we had a dime for every recruit that told a reporter he wanted to get an MBA, law school, etc and then came to UT and studied exercise science we would all be rich. Pay more attention to Card telling Evans they can play at UT and then make $$$(NFL). And I think he’s playing up the package deal with George. Saying it to a reporter is one thing and saying it to Herman is another. I’m not worried at all. 

I hope your right about him playing up the package deal with George.  Because my concern isn’t with Evans, it’s with George.  A few pages back there were clips of George at some camp and he didn’t exactly blow away the competition.  He had some good reps and some reps where guys blew by him.  Who’s to say that George’s ranking doesn’t go down after his senior season and Herman backs off of George.  Is Evans going to insist Texas show George love?  A lot can happen in the next year.  What if they commit to Texas and George doesn’t see the field and decides to transfer.  Evans going with him? 

I can only go by what he says and not hope he’s just jerking some reporter around.  I’m sure Herman has a backup plan.

56 minutes ago, Here’s the deal said:

I hope your right about him playing up the package deal with George.  Because my concern isn’t with Evans, it’s with George.  A few pages back there were clips of George at some camp and he didn’t exactly blow away the competition.  He had some good reps and some reps where guys blew by him.  Who’s to say that George’s ranking doesn’t go down after his senior season and Herman backs off of George.  Is Evans going to insist Texas show George love?  A lot can happen in the next year.  What if they commit to Texas and George doesn’t see the field and decides to transfer.  Evans going with him? 

I can only go by what he says and not hope he’s just jerking some reporter around.  I’m sure Herman has a backup plan.

Troll with a lighter touch and you’ll be able string it out longer. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1