Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

29 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Such on what was said 

Reveal hidden contents

I've talked to just about every key recruit that was on campus yesterday, and from everything I've gathered today the talk of some "negative recruiting" being done by Texas against A&M is being way overblown. 

One recruit told me Tom Herman said something about recruits not needing to leave the state or play in the SEC to win championships and Herman pointed out that Texas just beat a top SEC school in the Sugar Bowl. Sam Ehlinger apparently said something similar. 

Another said Herman made mention of breaking the SEC "stereotype" of being the best conference, but that was about it. 

Other reporter are acting like it was some all-day event bashing A&M but that's not even remotely accurate. Much ado about nothing, for the most part.

---------

After someone asked if Demas felt the comments were directed at him: I think he was singled out once or twice, probably more in a joking manner, but he apparently didn't like it.

I buy that Sam might have been really "honest" during his part

Lulz. Demas decides to keep visiting campuses after he has already committed to another school and then his vag gets drippy when he gets called out for being committed to a school whose whole schtick is dick measuring against its betters. We should keep bringing him in so the others can see how thin aggy skin really is.

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Such on what was said 

Reveal hidden contents

I've talked to just about every key recruit that was on campus yesterday, and from everything I've gathered today the talk of some "negative recruiting" being done by Texas against A&M is being way overblown. 

One recruit told me Tom Herman said something about recruits not needing to leave the state or play in the SEC to win championships and Herman pointed out that Texas just beat a top SEC school in the Sugar Bowl. Sam Ehlinger apparently said something similar. 

Another said Herman made mention of breaking the SEC "stereotype" of being the best conference, but that was about it. 

Other reporter are acting like it was some all-day event bashing A&M but that's not even remotely accurate. Much ado about nothing, for the most part.

---------

After someone asked if Demas felt the comments were directed at him: I think he was singled out once or twice, probably more in a joking manner, but he apparently didn't like it.

I buy that Sam might have been really "honest" during his part

Soooooo in regards to Demas. He's a bitch? Not really a surprise considering he hangs out with FWK on the reg. 

Edited by Kenny Powers

I think this is partially a stunt so FWK and Shepherd can carry on and say Shepherd was all Texas until this happened. Now, we’ve offended them all, Shepherd will not take an OV here, and he’ll sign with aggy on NSD2.

These are games people with no integrity play. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I think this is partially a stunt so FWK and Shepherd can carry on and say Shepherd was all Texas until this happened. Now, we’ve offended them all, Shepherd will not take an OV here, and he’ll sign with aggy on NSD2.

I mean it makes sense, but Shepherd has already taken his OV to Aggyland. 

You can see a trend of bitchassness from all of the recruits that train with him.  Toniel Carter bitched out and transferred within a year.  Shepherd is pretending to be committed to a school and has plans of burning down all his bridges with this staff when he flips on national signing day... to shock the world... 

Then you have Demas.  He's following them in the same footsteps.  Gets butt hurt because he doesn't like it when big brother rival decides to share FACTS with other recruits.  Hey buddy, don't keep visiting rival schools when you're committed.  Aggy has always been our bitch and always will be.  If you don't like it, don't commit to a mediocre program that's a pretender.  All of these kids will flame out.  FWK will be exposed... Herman seems like that kind of asshole that would go out of his way to put a trainer in his place.

Edited by victory88
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Yup... just decommit.  We all know he has no intention of signing with Texas.  He's not shocking anyone.  I just can't imagine being such a shitty person that you lie to coaches that have spent a year recruiting you and have spent countless resources recruiting you only to fuck them over at the last minute.  It has to be pretty awkward if shep and our staff are still communicating as we all know how this will play out.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I mean it makes sense, but Shepherd has already taken his OV to Aggyland. 

What does that have to do with anything? 

IMO, he’s planned to go to aggy since before the season. They’ve always planned to do a “dramatic flip” to aggy. They’ll just use this as the pretext. 

3 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

What does that have to do with anything? 

IMO, he’s planned to go to aggy since before the season. They’ve always planned to do a “dramatic flip” to aggy. They’ll just use this as the pretext. 

Just re-read your post. Yeah, I'd be somewhat surprised if Shepherd made an OV to Texas.

4 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Herman seems like that kind of asshole that would go out of his way to put a trainer in his place.

yep.. I have been advocating the "unleashing" of the assholedness for a while... I am sure that he has raged, behind the scenes, of the deference shown to the SEC and the eternal aggy attempts at sort of credit for it.. I believe that both he and Sam AAAAAAALMOST slipped after the Sugar Bowl and publicly "high fived" on the grave of the SEC myth... but held their tongues. 

I don't know what happened yesterday nor do I care if we lose this particular high-school recruit... if he is openly spreading the message and position Texas as the team that can, has and will slay the dragon, I don't want him changing one thing about his pitch to these guys. 

And if this Footwork guy is outed as well, so much better. 

1 minute ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Just re-read your post. Yeah, I'd be somewhat surprised if Shepherd made an OV to Texas.

I said exactly what I meant. Have no idea what point you’re trying to make.

He’s “supposed to” OV here the last weekend before NSD2 and I don’t think he will. I don’t think he has ever planned to. He can use this episode as his excuse. Not sure what his aggy OV has to do with that. 

12 minutes ago, victory88 said:

You can see a trend of bitchassness from all of the recruits that train with him.  Toniel Carter bitched out and transferred within a year.  Shepherd is pretending to be committed to a school and has plans of burning down all his bridges with this staff when he flips on national signing day... to shock the world... 

Then you have Demas.  He's following them in the same footsteps.  Gets butt hurt because he doesn't like it when big brother rival decides to share FACTS with other recruits.  Hey buddy, don't keep visiting rival schools when you're committed.  Aggy has always been our bitch and always will be.  If you don't like it, don't commit to a mediocre program that's a pretender.  All of these kids will flame out.  FWK will be exposed... Herman seems like that kind of asshole that would go out of his way to put a trainer in his place.

I'll believe it when it happens. I think Herman realizes that he has developed some momentum, but doesn't want to overplay his hand (not yet). A couple more seasons of 10+ wins, competing for conference championships with at least one crown, and bowl victories...then he might start telling certain folks to pound sand. 

What sort of “outing” are y’all advocating here with regard to FWK? If he has an elite prospect we want we will have to play the game. Otherwise don’t. Is he committing some criminal offense I’m unaware of (actual, sincere question)? The orchestration of this whole thing probably involves some untaxed cash changing hands I guess

3 minutes ago, RollingPresidential said:

What sort of “outing” are y’all advocating here with regard to FWK? If he has an elite prospect we want we will have to play the game. Otherwise don’t. Is he committing some criminal offense I’m unaware of (actual, sincere question)? The orchestration of this whole thing probably involves some untaxed cash changing hands I guess

He drives these guys around and spends all this time and money on them for free because he’s a great guy!

7 minutes ago, RollingPresidential said:

Tax evasion 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not sure if you can call this a full setup, but Jimbo and FWB definitely knew the Demas visit was an excellent spin opportunity before it ever happened. You can't expect a coach in Herman's situation, and the players like Sam not to mention their victories over the SEC, and take a jab or two at A and Them. That's business, not even negative recruiting. So no matter what Demas came back and said to FWB if he even were to say anything at all, this story would have happened.

All of that out of the way, not a whole lot Herman and co can do about FWB right now. Gotta play out the Shep recruitment, and hell, maybe even Demas. But for sure Shep. After that, just put it out you're not dealing with FWB recruits. There aren't that many of them in the Demas, hell SHEP class of athlete anyway. That'll put a dent into what FWB benefits from it, with Aggy not having to compete with UT for FWB's kids.

FWB becomes less important to aggy without UT kids in play, then you flip FWB. And he can be FWK again.

Or not. Whatever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, late to the party but gonna share a few thoughts anyway. 

Sources. The sources that everyone has right now for this entire Demas story are :: Hamm, Brauninger, and EJ.

So, what you have is FWK (who wasn't even there) talking to Hamm and Brauninger (both delusional even by Aggy standards) and a current Horn player and/or 2020 recruit talking to EJ, who knows NOTHING. Ever. 

There is no world in which Tom Herman gets up during a recruiting event, attended by folks like the Lindbergs/Parrs/Evans and talks about Aggy for anything outside of an off-handed quip or joke. None. There is a clear and defined message during all of these events and Herman and Chang deliver that message to their staff before the day and then it is the be all end all. Everyone is to be on message at all times. Right now, that message is clearly "Texas is built to win titles. We are built to physically dominate our opponents."  Corollary to this is stuff like see our record vs. the SEC in recent bowls, as well as our conference record vs. the SEC. etc 

The key thing that shows me that this was a complete delusional construct was the discussion that Demas "almost left". That is Penthouse Forums bullshit and straight from the Aggy dream scenarios booklet. Let's imagine this playing out ...   Demas who is now living with Hunter Dunn. The same Dunn family who love UT and want their son to be offered by Texas, he got so butthurt by jabs about Aggy and the SEC - from Tom Herman in a room FULL of kids from multiple classes AND their parents - that he was going to up and by God leave before he said anything more about his beloved Army and College Dadgum Station? WHOOOOOOOOOOOOP! Give me a fucking break.

Told by an idiot, all full of sound and fury and signifying nothing. Demas isn't coming to Texas (Bama would be my guess) but this entire story from this weekend is nonsense and fabricated bullshit. 

• Like 7

Sources. The sources that everyone has right now for this entire Demas story are :: Hamm, Brauninger, and EJ.
So, what you have is FWK (who wasn't even there) talking to Hamm and Brauninger (both delusional even by Aggy standards) and a current Horn player and/or 2020 recruit talking to EJ, who knows NOTHING. Ever. 
There is no world in which Tom Herman gets up during a recruiting event, attended by folks like the Lindbergs/Parrs/Evans and talks about Aggy for anything outside of an off-handed quip or joke. None. There is a clear and defined message during all of these events and Herman and Chang deliver that message to their staff before the day and then it is the be all end all. Everyone is to be on message at all times. Right now, that message is clearly "Texas is built to win titles. We are built to physically dominate our opponents."  Corollary to this is stuff like see our record vs. the SEC in recent bowls, as well as our conference record vs. the SEC. etc 
The key thing that shows me that this was a complete delusional construct was the discussion that Demas "almost left". That is Penthouse Forums bullshit and straight from the Aggy dream scenarios booklet. Let's imagine this playing out ...   Demas who is now living with Hunter Dunn. The same Dunn family who love UT and want their son to be offered by Texas, he got so butthurt by jabs about Aggy and the SEC - from Tom Herman in a room FULL of kids from multiple classes AND their parents - that he was going to up and by God leave before he said anything more about his beloved Army and College Dadgum Station? WHOOOOOOOOOOOOP! Give me a fucking break.

Told by an idiot, all full of sound and fury and signifying nothing. Demas isn't coming to Texas (Bama would be my guess) but this entire story from this weekend is nonsense and fabricated bullshit. 

Exactly. Like I said, this story gets out there regardless of what Demas thought about the visit or what he had to say about it. That's the risk you take fucking with kids in the circle of Aggy Power Couple FWB and Hamm. Hammwork.

21 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Well Such at OB did say he talked with someone there and it was basically much ado about nothing unless you are a thin skinned bitch of an aggy and/or have a negative story about Texas you have already prepackaged and are now selling to the worst pieces of shit in the business.

Super pumped that we have more than a year of this FWK/Hamm talk to look forward to on this thread alone. Awesome 

I was just thinking about this. I’m tired of wasting my time having to read about an ex-pool boy who has failed at every single thing he’s ever tried. It would be nice if we referenced that dipshit a little less in this thread. There is the other six figs thread to post his bs.

5 minutes ago, rickyspub said:

Well Such at OB did say he talked with someone there and it was basically much ado about nothing unless you are a thin skinned bitch of an aggy and/or have a negative story about Texas you have already prepackaged and are now selling to the worst pieces of shit in the business.

He also confirmed that Demas's visit didn't go great. He doesn't think it's a huge deal and Texas isn't out of it but there is some truth to it. The larger accusations that we did a ton of negative recruiting aren't true. 

One other thing. Texas will add speed on the outside in this WR class. Might not be 5 star cunty flaky talent signing for it, but it’s a known need. 

Yes and in other news Texas really wants to get some good football players on the team. They’ve recognized they might have a gap.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

One other thing. Texas will add speed on the outside in this WR class. Might not be 5 star cunty flaky talent signing for it, but it’s a known need. 

I’m all for wanting to drop a recruit for some bitchassedness... but some of y’all are delusional fucks. It’s 16 and 17 year olds trying to figure out where to play football. Quit being whiny fucking faggots. Personal insults towards recruits is retarded. Mostly since 85% of these kids would be able to knock someone smooth the fuck out if they said this shit to their face. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 7

2 hours ago, Horns1012 said:

A buddy of my brother's was in attendance of yesterdays event. This is what I gathered went down yesterday,

Herman was the first to speak to the group. To my knowledge he did not speak much on A&m, if at all. Sam and Caden Sterns then went up and addressed the group. Let's just say Sam was a little more honest. 

Sam said things like "who in their right mind would live in CS or Norman, OK than Austin, Texas." He also said the SEC hype is just that.. hype relayed by the media. They proved that on the field. Of course this was not his only subject he touched on. He talked about their progress as a team and how high they are climbing. Basically get on now or get left behind. He finished his speech with "If we played the aggies tomorrow, there's no doubt in my mind we would beat them down." 

Even after that Herman didn't say much about atm or sec. More like "oh great hope there's no camera phones around" 

So nothing that can't be refuted with facts. Imo, if Demas took all of that that badly, then he's fully bought in to Jimbo, and is pretty much a lost cause. 

I'm buying this whether it's true or not. 

1 minute ago, Texasborn91 said:

I’m all for wanting to drop a recruit for some bitchassedness... but some of y’all are delusional fucks. It’s 16 and 17 year olds trying to figure out where to play football. Quit being whiny fucking faggots. Personal insults towards recruits is retarded. Mostly since 85% of these kids would be able to knock someone smooth the fuck out if they said this shit to their face. 

I don’t care if you’re 16 or 96, when you show your colors, so be it. 

Now that you’ve made it clear that you think the rest of us are “whiny faggots”, I’m guessing your next move was to beat your kids and jack off to a photo of Biff Tannen or something, so congrats on your moral superiority. 

Just now, closetojumping said:

I don’t care if you’re 16 or 96, when you show your colors, so be it. 

Now that you’ve made it clear that you think the rest of us are “whiny faggots”, I’m guessing your next move was to beat your kids and jack off to a photo of Biff Tannen or something, so congrats on your moral superiority. 

Not everyone. Mostly just you because you sound like an uppity bitch all the time. 

Just now, closetojumping said:

Obviously paramecium and amoeba are therefore going to be happening, but I’ve got a whole pallet of invertebrates to work with beyond that, and that doesn’t even involve the repertoire available in fiction. 

Stop trying to be such a martyr. I'm tired of seeing you self-flaggelate. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

It feels uppity to you, but that’s just your feeling of inferiority kicking in when you read my posts and think about how far you are from being on that plane. 

I have an inferiority complex yet you are more than willing to get in a dick measuring contest with anyone who calls you on your shit for sounding like an uppity fart sniffer? Sounds about right. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 3

14 minutes ago, Texasborn91 said:

You sound about as soft as Demas.

2 minutes ago, Texasborn91 said:

I have an inferiority complex yet you are more than willing to get in a dick measuring contest with anyone who calls you on your shit for sounding like an uppity fart sniffer? Sounds about right. 

Sounds like Ctj got under your skin. Like a tapeworm. 

• Haha 1