Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

37 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Yeesh. That’s an impressively terrible comp if that’s what they actually said. Those two are not much alike at all. Milton has way better agility. Like, it’s not even close.

Pos rep. I like the cut of your jib on this one. Sassy Tex should make an appearance on here more often. 

I'm in Atlanta this weekend. Trying to develop some of that Southern passive-aggression.

On 2/21/2019 at 2:22 PM, Elmer_Fudd said:

Rivals top 70 for Texas released.  Garth is a 4* at #35 in-state ( previously 3* I think ).

Other notes is Collins is #65, Ryan Watts moves in at #51, Dorbah dropped to a 3* ( #50 ), George dropped big time and Eaton is in the top 70.

https://n.rivals.com/state_rankings/2020/texas

Dorbah has been dropping everywhere the past 10 days.  I'm obviously a couple days behind sorry if this has been covered already.

2 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

I know we've offered - are we on Darnell Washington's radar at all? EJ was drooling all over him today (seemingly for good reason; he appears to be a total freak). 247 page not particularly helpful for indicating which way he may be leaning

There's recently been chatter he's looking at visiting. 

For those who pay more attention, he's an athlete without a really set position now, right?

Edited by texifornia

28 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

I know we've offered - are we on Darnell Washington's radar at all? EJ was drooling all over him today (seemingly for good reason; he appears to be a total freak). 247 page not particularly helpful for indicating which way he may be leaning

Suchomel from this past week

3. Add five-star TE Darnell Washington to the list of players wanting to visit UT soon

Las Vegas Desert Pines tight end Darnell Washington is the nation’s top-ranked prospect at his position. Texas has offered and while Washington doesn’t know a ton about UT just yet, he did say he’s hoping to get to Austin soon.

“I haven’t been there yet. I plan on coming out sometime soon. I’m not sure when or what day, but I know for sure I’m going to go visit them,” Washington said. “I just want to communicate with the coaches more.

“My thoughts about Texas, when they come into the picture, I don’t know how to describe it but they have tons of history and everybody knows what Texas is and who they are. I know they play hard, fast, physical, smart.”

Texas has stressed to Washington how instrumental the tight end position is to UT’s offense. That’s one area that Washington said will weigh heavily into his eventual decision, as will education and how he meshes with the team. As for a timeline, Washington said he’s simply trying to work through the process right now before deciding on some official visits.

“First, I’m going to continue taking unofficials. I want to take unofficials multiple times, make sure that’s a school I want to take an official visit to since you only get five,” Washington said. “I want to just explore, make sure that’s a school I want to take it to.”

Nahlin when asked about him- 

He told me a while back he hadn't been hearing much. Kind of an odd offer given how fast they backed off. Kind of like Ugwoegbu.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, texifornia said:

For those who pay more attention, he's an athlete without a really set position now, right?

He's already in his mid 250s, so I could see him growing into an offensive tackle or defensive lineman, but he's currently a massive TE with good athleticism 

• Like 1

It is only after comments about athletic Tight Ends that we're supposed to use a Sommer gif, because we are faithful to Kate.

39 minutes ago, Fud said:

Suchomel from this past week

3. Add five-star TE Darnell Washington to the list of players wanting to visit UT soon

Las Vegas Desert Pines tight end Darnell Washington is the nation’s top-ranked prospect at his position. Texas has offered and while Washington doesn’t know a ton about UT just yet, he did say he’s hoping to get to Austin soon.

“I haven’t been there yet. I plan on coming out sometime soon. I’m not sure when or what day, but I know for sure I’m going to go visit them,” Washington said. “I just want to communicate with the coaches more.

“My thoughts about Texas, when they come into the picture, I don’t know how to describe it but they have tons of history and everybody knows what Texas is and who they are. I know they play hard, fast, physical, smart.”

Texas has stressed to Washington how instrumental the tight end position is to UT’s offense. That’s one area that Washington said will weigh heavily into his eventual decision, as will education and how he meshes with the team. As for a timeline, Washington said he’s simply trying to work through the process right now before deciding on some official visits.

“First, I’m going to continue taking unofficials. I want to take unofficials multiple times, make sure that’s a school I want to take an official visit to since you only get five,” Washington said. “I want to just explore, make sure that’s a school I want to take it to.”

Nahlin when asked about him- 

He told me a while back he hadn't been hearing much. Kind of an odd offer given how fast they backed off. Kind of like Ugwoegbu.

586a4f054effd066a5014442524e57af.gif

This is how we do it.

3 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

It is only after comments about athletic Tight Ends that we're supposed to use a Sommer gif, because we are faithful to Kate.

586a4f054effd066a5014442524e57af.gif

This is how we do it.

Kate can be replaced. She's getting old.

Edited by cdain3
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 2

This Kate vs. Sommer shit has got to stop. Sommer is hot, yes. Nobody is disagreeing with that. However, speaking as one of the "olds" born in the 70s, girls like that used to be called "strippers." Some of us have fond memories of those types at The Men's Club, Treasures, Colorado Club, The Rose or even Sugars. Now they can make a million a year on social media. That doesn't mean we need to replace the woman who has been a part of back-to-back top 3 recruiting classes because she is over 40. Kate is and will always be the total package. She is a 5-star. Sommer is a rising 3-star with potential (and she is a coach on the field, duh). 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

This Kate vs. Sommer shit has got to stop. Sommer is hot, yes. Nobody is disagreeing with that. However, speaking as one of the "olds" born in the 70s, girls like that used to be called "strippers." Some of us have fond memories of those types at The Men's Club, Treasures, Colorado Club, The Rose or even Sugars. Now they can make a million a year on social media. That doesn't mean we need to replace the woman who has been a part of back-to-back top 3 recruiting classes because she is over 40. Kate is and will always be the total package. She is a 5-star. Sommer is a rising 3-star with potential (and she is a coach on the field, duh). 

70's? negro please

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

3 star????!!! hate old people. Hope I die before I become one.

Edited by USMCHorn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

26f88da6721873e1163d8410933e294a22977407

• Like 1
  • Haha 1