LSU @ Texas Analysis: LSU Offense

sushihorn

Big Game Week

Fan Base H: thinks they will win big

Fan Base A: thinks they will win big

Fan Base H: thinks fan base A are morons

Fan Base A: thinks fan base H are morons

so cliche

but, i have seen the future. fan base H is right, LSU fans are morons and Texas wins.

Edited by pacman
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

I wasn't impressed with the lack of ability to push back a mediocre d-line or to get off blocks and get to the second level in the run game. 

I agree.  However, I also think this is a byproduct of the LG Hines missing a bunch of time in camp recovering from offseason surgery.  ( there were multiple times he missed his assignment and you could see the center give him hell over it)  And, of course, Charles being out.  It's all correctable stuff, but it's hard to make the jump from correctable to going on the road to Texas and being efficient.   The key for LSU will be the obvious....stay out of bad down and distance situations.  I believe they can do it as they are a veteran group, but all it takes is a missed assignment here and there......  

On the flip side, I'm not tremendously concerned with Texas' perimeter run game, but I am interested to see how LSU defends the power run game with Sam.  Texas doesn't have many negative plays, and LSU lives off them.

It's one of those weekends we all get excited about.  Saturday can't get here fast enough.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Smooth99 said:

.On the flip side, I'm not tremendously concerned with Texas' perimeter run game, but I am interested to see how LSU defends the power run game with Sam.  Texas doesn't have many negative plays, and LSU lives off them.

It's one of those weekends we all get excited about.  Saturday can't get here fast enough.

This is exactly correct. If the front 6 can bounce an inside zone run wide that gives time for the secondary to rally to the ball.  But playing nickel doesn't leave much interior run support if there is A-gap or B-gap hole in the front.  That can become a big problem if the corners are playing press coverage at the LOS which Aranda likes to do.

Both teams can create equal numbers from 11 personnel by using the keeper threat to take an unblocked DE or OLB out of the play.  The biggest difference to me is Sam's ability to pick up yards in the inside run game with power and counter.  Extra blocker can make a huge difference with light to honest box counts.  Burrow is more of a traditional bootleg-waggle outside running QB.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

was this the play i was supposed to watch and then proclaim Burrows a Heisman candidate? or was there another TD pass that should have been called back due to an LSU player being a complete bonehead?

spacer.png

Thats just their innovated offense at work. Its genius. "LBs and DBs cant cover a WR if we block them with our linemen." If any coaching round table had this kind of brainstorming, it would be lsu

1 hour ago, White Tiger said:

Question for longhorn nation:

If LSU somehow manages to win, may I return to be surly to the UT fans?

We have a huge contingent of posters here who have zero connection to the University of Texas, except perhaps that their team may have played our team at some point in the distant past. If you want to hang out here, by all means. But if you intend to return in order to troll, you'd better do it well. Malcontented attitudes are welcome; a lack of cleverness is not.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

We have a huge contingent of posters here who have zero connection to the University of Texas, except perhaps that their team may have played our team at some point in the distant past. If you want to hang out here, by all means. But if you intend to return in order to troll, you'd better do it well. Malcontented attitudes are welcome; a lack of cleverness is not.

This. I haven't lol'd even once reading posts from the "LSU fans". 

It's just been page after page of basic wannabe shit-talking and then whining about their reception on this forum. 

I can't imagine how boring and sad the LSU forums are. 

• Like 2

Wow!

I last checked in about 12 hours ago, well before the LSU monkeys came in flinging shit.  I see day drinking must be popular in Lowsyanna.  I gotta say, I have a really good friend and former colleague who is a huge LSU fan.  Now, he can be an ass, but he is a smart guy.  (He isn't Smooth99, because he would have a whole lot more smart ass thrown into his comments).

I get the fact that LSU should be pretty pumped for this game, and they looked pretty sharp running their new-fangled throw the ball through the air offense.  But the level of dumbassery is off the charts.  My Gator friends hate LSU with a passion.  Now I see why.

I see this game as a coin flip, and understand why LSU is favored.  I'm pretty worried that we have one true RB to play in this game.  But to think that we should be scared to play these guys is ridiculous, and I will be pretty shocked if it is a blow out either way.

2 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I'm just quoting this so I can see the name Monquavian again. Monmotherfuckingquavian. 

I quit paying much attention a while back - "Barkevious" pretty much dropped the mic and walked off-stage. I will admit that "Lil'Jordan" brought a bit of the old amazed admiration of naming activities of some denizens of the Deep South.

Well... just experienced a "feature" of the forum software... went to edit my preceding post, hit the edit button. got the editing window, typed in a bit of elucidation, hit "save" and had the software tell me it was too late to save (for some reason). Whatever, here 'tis.

EDIT: The instant example, "Monquavian" is not nearly so amazing or admirable as earlier ones. It's actually rather simple: in reasonably proper French, "Mon" is "my" and "quaverer" is "to annoy by whining or crying" ... hey, Presto! Monquavian.

EDIEDIT: It is (barely) possibly that "quavian" is Cajunish bastardization implying a homosexual bird, or bird-watcher/hunter.

1 hour ago, Walden Ponderer said:

roger that, Tree.  May I live up to the standards of Surly Horns...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, DayHeGeaux said:

We must allow that UT has not seen just how f'd up the LSU offense has been for some time.  Still I would not have imagined such good play in game one WITHOUT a completely new offense.  They were all focused and sharp.  If they do that saturday it will be a long night for the longhorns....

1 minute ago, White Tiger said:

We must allow that UT has not seen just how f'd up the LSU offense has been for some time.  Still I would not have imagined such good play in game one WITHOUT a completely new offense.  They were all focused and sharp.  If they do that saturday it will be a long night for the longhorns....

We are experienced at disrupting timing with all those spread offenses in our league. If LSU can overcome whatever we try to disrupt that sharpness, well they will win. That would be pretty impressive given they have been running this thing for such a short period of time.

• Like 1

Just now, Valmy77 said:

We are experienced at disrupting timing with all those spread offenses in our league. If LSU can overcome whatever we try to disrupt that sharpness, well they will win. That would be pretty impressive given they have been running this thing for such a short period of time.

Cannot disagree, Valmy.  Prepare to be impressed.  Lol.

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

It’s a possibility. Not realistic, but certainly possible.

I think it’s far more likely that LSU has some big plays due to blown assignments than straight up dominating our defense like they did GSO due to their new and improved scheme. LSU will not be a well oiled spread machine in game 2. That’s an unrealistic, purple koolaid-fueled pipe dream.

• Like 1

Wow I remember some Georgia fans coming in cocksure ahead of the SB, and stirring some shit...but these LSU trolls are something else...I really hope Texas pushes that shit in, watching Georgia get steamrolled after Bevo literally tried to kill their mascot was incredibly rewarding last year and now you assholes have me hoping for another curb stomp   

I say ‘Texas’ because I’ve been a guest here since 2010...class of ‘02 from OkState for my undergrad...and as much as I love getting whipped into a froth with the actual Horns here, root them on as the biggest show in town, etc I know better than to kick the hornets nest because that shit tends to come back around   

So as someone from a fan base that actually has had a little bit of recent success against Texas  (yeah refs I know, stfu I’m trying to make a point) but purposely chooses to humbly take it in stride as a function of both karma and respect...you haven’t earned any kind of currency to wave your muledicks around, at least prove it on the field before you let your cunt hairs show.  

BTW I heard Thujone killed LSUFreek and sired South Austin on the same weekend, is that true?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, White Tiger said:

Yes.  I nearly forgot about that game and huge win for the Aggies.  Of course, thanks for reminding me.  

1.  I think our o-line will be good enough to keep your front 7 from being disruptive

2.  I think our defense has well-above average talent compared to your offense which will struggle to score.  Probably 2 turnovers for LSU at least.

As I said we'll all see come Saturday night.

Does your OL have 5 NFL players, because OU did last year, and they couldn't stop our front 7 from being disruptive?

5 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Today I learned from our esteemed visitors that in 2018:

1. The following schools had a better run defense than LSU: Southern Miss, San Diego State, Marshall, Charlotte, Army, Northern Illinois, Air Force, UAB, North Texas, Appalachian State, Troy, Wyoming, Fresno State, and Ohio (not State).
  2. The following schools had a better pass defense than LSU: Eastern Michigan, Central Michigan, Appalachian State, Bowling Green, Tulsa, Southern Miss, Arkansas State, UAB, Temple, Army, Fresno State, Akron, Louisiana Tech (!), Florida International, Buffalo, Wyoming, UTEP.
  3. The following schools had a better overall defense than LSU: Southern Miss, Appalachian State, Army, UAB, Fresno State, Wyoming, San Diego State, Charlotte.

I know this is true because I went to the NCAA website and it says it right there in their stats rankings. LSU was below those teams in yardage allowed per game in those categories.

• Fuck You 16

13 minutes ago, hookwhat said:

See y'all around 11 sat night if you have balls enuf to show your face after a old fashion arse whipping.

Oh we will be here. We show up on the Bama meltdown thing every week we lose for a reason.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, hookwhat said:

22 minutes ago, hookwhat said:

That was then arsewhip..this is now. Chaisson is gonna unleash a can of whoopa$$ on y'all sat..WE gonna hurt you bois. physically....Hope a hospital is nearby

9 minutes ago, hookwhat said:

9 minutes ago, hookwhat said:

y'alls season WILL be over in 4 days....

This would have been a suitable smack sequence when you were just in 4th grade. I expect better of you now that you’re in 6th. Remember, you’re not any more retarded than you let yourself be. Now come on, boast!

19 minutes ago, hookwhat said:

y'alls season WILL be over in 4 days....

Fun fact even if we lose to you backwater illiterate katrinas we will still win out and you can watch us in the playoffs after giving up 80 to aggy again and failing to cross midfield against your daddy in Tuscaloosa 

Edited by Sgt Hulk

44 minutes ago, hookwhat said:

42 minutes ago, hookwhat said:

That was then arsewhip..this is now. Chaisson is gonna unleash a can of whoopa$$ on y'all sat..WE gonna hurt you bois. physically....Hope a hospital is nearby

You couldn't figure out how to put the quoted post and your response in the same post? That's unfortunately not very surprising.