2018 - Elections and Trends

atomheartbevo

5 hours ago, Pancho Negro said:

TExt to Pancho yesterday: "Hi, we represent Don Huffines!  He's leading the fight to put corrput public officials behind bars.  Can he count on your support?"

Pancho's reply: "Oh, you texted the wrong nigga.  Here's a list of why you can politely go fuck yourself....  

Took me 10 minutes to reply.  They still haven't contacted me back. 

Clever

4 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Isn’t GA most likely going to go to a run off?  When would that be?  I can see a lot of national attention if that occurs. 

For me I hope Kobach in KS loses more than anyone. 

I expect it to go to a runoff. It'll be my 4th time voting against Kemp this calendar year. I'm white so I'm pretty confident my votes are being counted. It'll be December 4th I think.

Edited by Mole

Why hasn’t Paxton’s criminal case gone to trial yet?   He was indicted over 3 years ago.   Doesn’t he want to clear his good name with a jury of his peers declaring him not guilty?

The case is in Collin County, where Paxton lives. The prosecutor’s office has done everything possible to delay his case. It is banana republic stuff.

As of October, Democratic candidates had outraised their Republican opponents in 53 of the 73 most competitive congressional races, including 20 districts that Trump won by double digits in 2016, according to a Washington Post analysis. Twenty-two contests became competitive after Democrats began heavily fundraising

----

“Sometimes when I’m feeling particularly frustrated, I donate,” said Immasche, who has given through ActBlue. “What really fires me up is all the garbage that comes through in my emails and on Facebook, and occasionally on Twitter. . . . I want something meaningful to happen to our country and have it not be harmed further.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/how-small-donations-gave-underdog-democrats-a-fighting-chance-for-the-house/2018/11/04/033b99bc-dd1c-11e8-b732-3c72cbf131f2_story.html?utm_term=.65f42dea53d4

gonna get out the electric wallet again 

Just in case you were wondering I was hitting Twitter during the game yesterday because it's a better use of the fidgety nervous energy than stomping around the house and scaring the critters. 

Edit: I still did holler and cause some alarm, just not as much. 

Edited by cactusflinthead

6 hours ago, Celery Man said:

I got one from Texas GOP asking if I'd volunteer to get out the vote for Abbott and Cruz (they left off Paxton, I guess they don't want people to remember he is on the ballot).  Responded "lol no".

You should offer to cuck Heidi

1 hour ago, NameWithHeld said:

This will be the dems if they don't take the House.  Which they won't.  The GOP hangs on by a short hair.

Seems to me it’s the ‘Pubs right now, before the election, at the mere thought of Democrats taking the House. The victims of the KentuckyKrogerKiller, Pennsylvania Jew Shooter and Tallahassee Yoga Murderer out front shoulda toldja.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NameWithHeld said:

This will be the dems if they don't take the House.  Which they won't.  The GOP hangs on by a short hair.

You don’t have any logic or facts to back up this assertion. Most conservatives think they’re going to win every election no matter what. You guys are definitely at a disadvantage on the house / governor maps.

31 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Seems to me it’s the ‘Pubs right now, before the election, at the mere thought of Democrats taking the House. The victims of the KentuckyKrogerKiller, Pennsylvania Jew Shooter and Tallahassee Yoga Murderer out front shoulda toldja.

No the GOP is expected (by all the "smart" people) to lose the House.  That's why the dems/left will have a Raiders of the Lost Ark meltdown.  The GOP will have a "Raiders" meltdown if the dems take the Senate.

• Fuck You 1

27 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

You don’t have any logic or facts to back up this assertion. Most conservatives think they’re going to win every election no matter what. You guys are definitely at a disadvantage on the house / governor maps.

That's what the dems thought right up to Donald Trump's swearing in ceremony.

• Fuck You 2

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The republicans are crying on Twitter about the SNL bit about the Texan with the eye patch.

The biggest snowflakes ever.

Yep.  All over social media.  HOW DARE a shitty comedian make fun of someone with a physical condition!!!!!

_86890138_86889447.jpg

Sorry, Trumpkins.  That meter over there that reads "0.0?"  That's your credibility meter.  You completely pissed it away a LONG time ago.  You don't get to complain about standards of civil discourse.  You just don't.  You've already demonstrated that you are 100% fine with denigrating people on every imaginable basis. You stated clearly, by your utter acceptance of such conduct, that you are a-ok with it.

So, in summary, fuck off, that ship has sailed, and it sank to the bottom of the ocean.  With every last shred of your credibility aboard.

There it goes....

c637da164282f7a8213348f1391f2719.jpg

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Like 3

The Munk debates hold a special place in Canadian public life. For more than a decade, they have brought the learned, the preeminent, and the notorious to Toronto’s 2,800-seat symphony hall to test controversial ideas before a highly informed audience. Never before, though, had they ignited the fierce controversy that exploded around the scheduled debate between Bannon and me.

y'all wanted to debate Bannon? David Frum did. 

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2018/11/bannon-frum-munk-debate-what-really-happened/574867/

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yep.  All over social media.  HOW DARE a shitty comedian make fun of someone with a physical condition!!!!!

_86890138_86889447.jpg

Sorry, Trumpkins.  That meter over there that reads "0.0?"  That's your credibility meter.  You completely pissed it away a LONG time ago.  You don't get to complain about standards of civil discourse.  You just don't.  You've already demonstrated that you are 100% fine with denigrating people on every imaginable basis. You stated clearly, by your utter acceptance of such conduct, that you are a-ok with it.

So, in summary, fuck off, that ship has sailed, and it sank to the bottom of the ocean.  With every last shred of your credibility aboard.

There it goes....

c637da164282f7a8213348f1391f2719.jpg

Someone mocking a man who was injured in war? Why; no, Republicans would NEVER

2 hours ago, NameWithHeld said:

Clever

No, for the true predictor of election results go with the "Exit Polling".  It's always been spot-on in the past!

Hasn't it?

35 minutes ago, NameWithHeld said:

No the GOP is expected (by all the "smart" people) to lose the House.  That's why the dems/left will have a Raiders of the Lost Ark meltdown.  The GOP will have a "Raiders" meltdown if the dems take the Senate.

33 minutes ago, NameWithHeld said:

neither side has a corner on the dumbass factor market

32 minutes ago, NameWithHeld said:

That's what the dems thought right up to Donald Trump's swearing in ceremony.

Learn how to use the multi-quote function, dude. 

• Haha 1

The republicans are crying on Twitter about the SNL bit about the Texan with the eye patch.
The biggest snowflakes ever.

I’m in the Litton vs Crenshaw district. Yeah it sucks for Crenshaw that he lost an eye and great that he served but he has no business being in Congress. He and his wife live with his parents and he hasn’t had a job since leaving the military and getting a masters. Of course his policy positions are the usual Trump nonsense.

Texas 2nd (Crenshaw/ Litton race) may be the worst gerrymandered district in the state if not the country

lossless-page1-800px-Texas_US_Congressio

It only exists to crack some of the inner loop liberals but tying them in with the NW and NE deep red conservatives.  At some level the district will most likely look very different by 2022.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mack Tripper said:

I’m in the Litton vs Crenshaw district. Yeah it sucks for Crenshaw that he lost an eye and great that he served but he has no business being in Congress. He and his wife live with his parents and he hasn’t had a job since leaving the military and getting a masters. Of course his policy positions are the usual Trump nonsense.

That's just not true, you're getting that information from Terry Lowerys LINK LETTER a  Pay for Play newsletter that collaborates with Hotze. Its from a hit piece meant to protect Kevin Roberts, Mark Laniers ( the plaintiffs  Attorney and Christian Wacko)  Brother in law who was also a candidate in that race

Crenshaws own a house in the Heights, they were staying with parents while house was being remodeled.

Unless you believe Terry Lowery but if you do you think all the gays should be killed to save them from hell

• Like 1

That's just not true, you're getting that information from Terry Lowerys LINK LETTER a  Pay for Play newsletter that collaborates with Hotze. Its from a hit piece meant to protect Kevin Roberts, Mark Laniers ( the plaintiffs  Attorney and Christian Wacko)  Brother in law who was also a candidate in that race

Crenshaws own a house in the Heights, they were staying with parents while house was being remodeled.

Unless you believe Terry Lowery but if you do you think all the gays should be killed to save them from hell

I have no idea who Terry Lowery or Hotze is. I’m a liberal Democrat who doesn’t keep up with local GOP politics all that much. I personally know both Lanier and Roberts but didn’t have a dog in that fight since I voted in the Dem primary.

Edit: I recall reading about this in the Chron.

So what job does Crenshaw have where we can afford to buy and remodel a house in the heights, (but not able to rent an apartment instead of staying with parents)? That’s a real question because even Crenshaw’s own campaign website doesn’t list any career or employment info other than being in the Navy years ago. It’s not just about the money either. It’s about being qualified for Congress.

Just now, Mack Tripper said:

I have no idea who Terry Lowery or Hotze is. I’m a liberal Democrat who doesn’t keep up with local GOP politics all that much. I personally know both Lanier and Roberts but didn’t have a dog in that fight since I voted in the Dem primary.

So what job does Crenshaw have where we can afford to buy and remodel a house in the heights, (but not able to rent an apartment instead of staying with parents)? That’s a real question because even Crenshaw’s own campaign website doesn’t list any career or employment info other than being in the Navy years ago. It’s not just about the money either. It’s about being qualified for Congress.

Family Money, just like Beto

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mack Tripper said:

So unemployed. Got it.

I like Litton, smart guy , well qualified. So is Crenshaw, ( he served and earned the right to make his education a job for a time) Truth is Cong. 2 is going to get a good Representative whomever wins. Wish the loser could be appointed to 7

I like Litton, smart guy , well qualified. So is Crenshaw, ( he served and earned the right to make his education a job for a time) Truth is Cong. 2 is going to get a good Representative whomever wins. Wish the loser could be appointed to 7

I give Crenshaw credit for beating a tough field of republicans in the primary. I have nothing against him personally. He will probably win. Just would prefer someone who had more experience since he will be representing me in all likelihood.

And yes I’d rather have Crenshaw than Culberson.