2018 - Elections and Trends

atomheartbevo

2 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

That’s some really specific polling.  

They just called Moscow.  j/k.  But about the Russians, no big email dumps this cycle and it’s too late in the game for anything like that to have an influence.

It seems like they’re just sticking to the troll/bot/propaganda this go around.

One theory I’ve heard that sounds so Russian is they are going to have some anonymous trolls make false claims they hacked voter machines.  Doing this almost creates the same effect as actually hacking them because people don’t know what to think and faith in the democratic process is eroded. 

Fuck Putin, vote your ass off anyway.

10 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

They just called Moscow.  j/k.  But about the Russians, no big email dumps this cycle and it’s too late in the game for anything like that to have an influence.

It seems like they’re just sticking to the troll/bot/propaganda this go around.

One theory I’ve heard that sounds so Russian is they are going to have some anonymous trolls make false claims they hacked voter machines.  Doing this almost creates the same effect as actually hacking them because people don’t know what to think and faith in the democratic process is eroded. 

Fuck Putin, vote your ass off anyway.

Why would Putin interfere? Divided government, Trump raging about fraud, investigations, stalled agenda. 2 years of major dysfunction, potential shutdowns. THis is his dream 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Why would Putin interfere? Divided government, Trump raging about fraud, investigations, stalled agenda. 2 years of major dysfunction, potential shutdowns. THis is his dream 

Right, he’s all for gridlock, paralysis, and chaos but if he can sow some more discord at no cost, why not? 

He’s probably working on 2020 by now anyway to get the Trumpublican elected again because Trump just can’t stop giving Putin what he wants.

8 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

I don’t buy it. He’s just lying to his supporters to juice turnout. He knows he needs a huge day tomorrow to win.

Of course don’t buy it.  It is a GOTV campaign where they motivate by saying YOUR VOTE WILL BE THE DECIDING VOTE without coming so close to saying it to be a completely obvious statistical impossibility.  That number was not 1000 and was not 5 for pretty clear reasons. 

1 hour ago, NameWithHeld said:

What about BLM, Antifta etc?  Who is fucking leading from the left?  Obama?  He is too busy flailing his arms and talking about himself to lead.

Swam, a Trump cum swallower, is offended that Obama is talking about himself.

9 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Of course don’t buy it.  It is a GOTV campaign where they motivate by saying YOUR VOTE WILL BE THE DECIDING VOTE without coming so close to saying it to be a completely obvious statistical impossibility.  That number was not 1000 and was not 5 for pretty clear reasons. 

Lots of red voters might buy it tho. That’s why he’s trying that tactic on them.

I will take the silver lining that the entire county gets to see what we in Georgia and the deep south have seen for a long time, voter suppression and disenfranchisement is still very much alive and candidates are not even trying hard at all to hide how it affects non-whites.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Just spoke with my parents who live in Scottsdale - my 76 year old Dad, who NEVER votes Democratic, cast his vote for Sinema. 

But he's a fiscal conservative and he knows that those who care about fiscal responsibility and aren't seething with anger at "others" have no place in Trump's GOP.

It’s refreshing to hear of open minded older folks who are still capable of thinking for themselves. My wife’s grandad is one as well, but they sure seem to be in the minority these days. 

3 minutes ago, MidTexHorn said:

It’s refreshing to hear of open minded older folks who are still capable of thinking for themselves. My wife’s grandad is one as well, but they sure seem to be in the minority these days. 

I think education has a lot to do with it (rejection of Trumpism) - my Dad has a PhD in Math from UT.  I'll go out on a limb and say you don't find many people with advanced degrees (let alone PhDs in difficult majors from good schools) at Trump rallies.

Edited by Message Board User
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

Putin’s dream would be a Dem House who puts Trump’s shit on blast, with a Republican Senate keeping him safe in office, all the while Trump foams at the mouth at the House, and does everything he can to undermine Congress.  

9 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Putin’s dream would be a Dem House who puts Trump’s shit on blast, with a Republican Senate keeping him safe in office, all the while Trump foams at the mouth at the House, and does everything he can to undermine Congress.  

Oh, so pretty much what we will probably have come January?  Great.

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

What was the ad?

the bullshit ad about the brown killer.  he was released by Sheriff Joe and came back across when w was pres, but the orange dickhead was all "if dems get elected a bunch of killer mexicans will kill you and rape you".

• Like 1