Orgeron Out-Coached Herman

bigcigar

Just now, Snacks said:

ed did what Herman needs to do... hire someone to address the weakness.

exactly 

we have bad play calling tendencies on both sides of the ball. 

we are a terrible red zone offense.

we are going to kill our QB.

showing balls is great and all but points is points

I've never thought Ed Orgeron was an idiot.  Everywhere the guy goes his unit is top notch and his recruiting is elite.  We'll see how it pans out being the head coach at a major program the second time around but it looks pretty fucking good right now.  The internet can make a cartoon out of anyone.  Buying into that shallow nonsense is idiotic.  What was at stake tonight was a defining foundation for two programs.  Orgeron took it.  

• Like 7

1 minute ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Herman took three points off the board for us and gifted LSU with 7 at the end of the first half.

(I am not counting the Ingram drop -- only the second FG Herman turned his nose up at, and then running no clock on that shitty drive and giving it back to Burrow and co. with way too much time.)

maybe you should count the Ingram drop, it was kind of a big deal

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Snacks said:

ed did what Herman needs to do... hire someone to address the weakness.

Exactly this.  Orgeron watched a unit beyond his expertise in his program become a slight risk and he addressed it ruthlessly.  Herman watched the same thing with Orlando last year and bro'd himself around it and here they are.

• Like 1

Just now, hookem48 said:

maybe you should count the Ingram drop, it was kind of a big deal

Yeah, but that shit happens and it's not on Herman. Going for it the second time and then trying and failing miserably to run a half-ending scoring drive that resulted instead in an LSU touchdown were even bigger fails IMO.

• Like 2

Just now, MaybeACoordinator said:

Yeah, but that shit happens and it's not on Herman. Going for it the second time and then trying and failing miserably to run a half-ending scoring drive that resulted instead in an LSU touchdown were even bigger fails IMO.

there was no bigger fail in this game than Ingram's drop

Let’s shut up about how much of an idiot he is. His staff just obliterated ours.

Obliterated is a bit much. They won by one possession. We had a dropped td in the end zone, a failed drive to the goal line, a near fumble recovery when it would have mattered, and millimeters away from the on sides kick recovery. Hats off to LSU for winning fair and square on the road, but I disagree with saying we were obliterated.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, DoneWithit said:

Yeah I’m in the camp that Ingram just isn’t going to be a big playmaker. He’s a good back but RoJo looked more explosive hitting the hole. 

I love players from the Golden Triangle. Except for the ones who destroy whole programs by being too gangsta, like that other RoJo, the evil one: Robert Joseph. But in general you get absolute max effort, high football IQ, and a fuckton of athletic ability out of those guys. 

23 minutes ago, bigcigar said:

Baby saints outcoached Orlando?

This

12 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Also, other than coddling Ingram's ego, I see no reason to give him the bulk of the action at RB. RoJo excelled at all three phases of the game tonight. 

And this

10 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

It's the play call that gets me. The Ingram drop, we just ran it to the right twice (a.k.a our red zone offense) and it was wide the fuck open. 

Next series? Let's run Go Fuck Yourself Bitch some more aaaaand again on 4th down. 

We need something better than play #8 inside the 20. Also a DC that can stop an offense when we have the slightest momentum. Fuck

• Like 2

Just now, BigHorn'13 said:

This

And this

It's the play call that gets me. The Ingram drop, we just ran it to the right twice (a.k.a our red zone offense) and it was wide the fuck open. 

Next series? Let's run Go Fuck Yourself Bitch some more aaaaand again on 4th down. 

We need something better than play #8 inside the 20. Also a DC that can stop an offense when we have the slightest momentum. Fuck

I am faaaarrr from an X's and O's kinda guy but I was thinking on third down (before the Ingram drop) that some kind of backside misdirection pass like that would be an easy 6. For a split-second I was patting myself on the back, and then Ingram let it slip through his fingers. 

2 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Ogre didn't out-coach anyone, his support staff did. Herman lost to himself. LSU won, and that's that. We had our chances and fucked those up with Herman getting cute. 

That counts. Ogre wins by not getting in his own way.

Edited by bigcigar
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Chooky said:

I've never thought Ed Orgeron was an idiot.  Everywhere the guy goes his unit is top notch and his recruiting is elite.  We'll see how it pans out being the head coach at a major program the second time around but it looks pretty fucking good right now.  The internet can make a cartoon out of anyone.  Buying into that shallow nonsense is idiotic.  What was at stake tonight was a defining foundation for two programs.  Orgeron took it.  

spacer.png

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Chooky said:

I bought in. I was wrong.  But his offensive coordinator made him look stupid last year.  Here we are.  Dude has it going on.  Props.  

Part of being a great coach is know what your own strengths and weaknesses are then also knowing what the strengths and weaknesses of your staff are. The fact that the DB situation is the same as last year and hasn’t been really addressed is what separates Herman from being a good coach to a great coach. If LSU sweeps UT like Maryland you can absolutely expect Bama to do the same in 2021 and 2022. Not taking a FG was not a good decision. Put up the points. I hope we will some day be able to have an LSU at our house and expect 100% that we will win the game and then actually win the fucking game. 

Hook’em  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Ogre didn't out-coach anyone, his support staff did. Herman lost to himself. LSU won, and that's that. We had our chances and fucked those up with Herman getting cute. 

Yeah I actually agree with the two fourth down tries, it's the plays that led up to them that were the real head scratchers 

36 minutes ago, Chooky said:

At Ole Miss, Orgeron recorded only two wins against teams with winning records (the 2005 and 2007 Memphis teams, which both finished at 7–5)—the fewest among active SEC coaches at the time. Until the 2007 season, he enjoyed the public support of The University of Mississippi's chancellor Robert Khayat and other administrators with oversight of the football program, including Athletic Director Pete Boone. In a November 2006 article in The Clarion-Ledger, Khayat said of Orgeron and the poor win/loss record since he was hired (7–14, at the time of the interview), "I think Coach Orgeron inherited a very difficult situation....I am 100 percent behind him, and I think that people ought to understand that he has a big challenge."

In 2007, Ole Miss finished the season 0–8 against fellow SEC teams, and 3–9 overall. It was the program's first winless (conference) season since 1982.

Edited by Bullneck

9 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

spacer.png

If this picture is meant to represent that Ed Orgeron was the dumbest coach tonight and definitely not the slapdick who brought a single man blitz with no help over the top on 3rd and 17 in a one possession game with 2:38 on the clock then you need to find another picture to help express yourself.

• Like 1