9.30.19 Coach Herman press conference Noon

bigup2dahorns

8 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I though West Virginia was supposed to be a beautiful area? That landscape looks like any abandoned piece of land 40 yards behind a strip center in suburbia.

I drove through West Virginia...it pretty much looks like that most of the time, though every once in a while the trees clear out and you get a nice view.

Generally very claustrophobic for a Texan.

27 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Really hoping Marcus Washington steps up. 

Not surprised to hear good things on Kennedy Lewis -- he's a hard worker that bleeds burnt orange and was willing to wait to get his Longhorn scholarship verses going somewhere else... 🤘

5 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

Yeah Jake. Don't try to catch with your chest just ask...that...no I cannot speak of it.

And Brandon Jones should have known better after last year.

Herman did say that they gave Jones a lot of grief last year about letting punts bounce that he should have picked up and that probably played into his mindset.  Could be coachspeak but sounds legit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shakahorn said:

Herman did say that they gave Jones a lot of grief last year about letting punts bounce that he should have picked up and that probably played into his mindset.  Could be coachspeak but sounds legit.

Dude has played in 34 games at Texas. If he doesn't  know by now that you don't try a full run/sliding punt catch in that situation he might be retarded. giphy.gif

This reminds me of the stupid shit Strong's teams would pull on the regular. 

6 hours ago, shakahorn said:

Yeah but the one he did catch at the one yard line not only played a huge role in us losing the game in Stillwater last year but gave him a major injury. It was, if anything, even more of a boneheaded decision than this one.

• Like 1

On 9/30/2019 at 9:40 AM, Huckleberry said:

I though West Virginia was supposed to be a beautiful area? That landscape looks like any abandoned piece of land 40 yards behind a strip center in suburbia.

Looks like a good place to dump a body. 

Not sure where to post, but the Longhorn Weekly with Herman and Craig Way is so much more informative than the weekly PC. For example, on the show today Herman explicitly said he wants to move Eagles to the X next year, and that they definitely plan to redshirt every new olineman (including Tyler Johnson) and Liebrock. The fans at Pluckers ask more insightful questions than our favorite “reporters”.

• Like 1