Surly Dad Thread

BigDHornfan

Shit, the two's are a piece of cake compared to the three's and the fuck you four's.  

Every kid is different. My son was an easy two, a rough three and is a wonderful four. My daughter started the attitude before two and by all accounts will be a handful for...forever.

1 hour ago, Homercles said:

Every kid is different. My son was an easy two, a rough three and is a wonderful four. My daughter started the attitude before two and by all accounts will be a handful for...forever.

This, I think in general from 12 mos on it just gets easier and easier...  New different BS, but they can talk, walk, and start to understand how things are going to be...

Well, had a rough night.  Had to sleep on the floor next to her bed and she would only fall asleep while holding my finger.  I hated to do it, but she had been crying for 3 hours at that point and we had tried everything else.  Couldn't take it any more.

On the one hand, it was pretty fun having my daughter hold my finger like that, as I know those sweet moments end at some point.  On the other, go the fuck to sleep.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stringer said:

Well, had a rough night.  Had to sleep on the floor next to her bed and she would only fall asleep while holding my finger.  I hated to do it, but she had been crying for 3 hours at that point and we had tried everything else.  Couldn't take it any more.

On the one hand, it was pretty fun having my daughter hold my finger like that, as I know those sweet moments end at some point.  On the other, go the fuck to sleep.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Until about four nights ago, our four-month-old was pretty much sleeping through the night.  Maybe one little fit around 2am, but usually very manageable.  But he's up now every hour, screaming and crying.  We are thinking it's teething, and holy shit it sucks.  

4 month sleep regressions was the worst for me, I hear ya, it sucks. 

Until about four nights ago, our four-month-old was pretty much sleeping through the night.  Maybe one little fit around 2am, but usually very manageable.  But he's up now every hour, screaming and crying.  We are thinking it's teething, and holy shit it sucks.  

Go back quite a few pages and we were commiserating on 4mo sleep regression. Ours is 5mos, and had sleep regression starting at 3.5mos until 4.5 mos when we tried a sleep training that was awesome. Been great since

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife took our two year old on his first plane ride from Houston to Denver then a 3.5 hour car ride up to Steamboat to visit my mom a few weeks ago.  Her exact words after each flight:  He was an angel.  I couldn't imagine what it would be like on a 10 hour flight.  You need a bottle of scotch.

Nothing is more surreal than running up to him at the airport, getting down on his level and seeing the beams of joy on his face when he sees you for the first time in a week.  I missed him so much. 

• Like 1

After today, y’all might never see me again. It’s time to go back to Brazil for a visit. This time with two kids under the age of 4. That’s a 10 hour plane ride then a two hour car ride in country. Fuck my life.
Be careful. Franklin Hart never made it back from Brazil. Kidnapped by Amazons.

My wife took our two year old on his first plane ride from Houston to Denver then a 3.5 hour car ride up to Steamboat to visit my mom a few weeks ago.  Her exact words after each flight:  He was an angel.  I couldn't imagine what it would be like on a 10 hour flight.  You need a bottle of scotch.
Nothing is more surreal than running up to him at the airport, getting down on his level and seeing the beams of joy on his face when he sees you for the first time in a week.  I missed him so much. 

That’s the truth. My wife has taken the kids to Florida to visit some of her family for a week and I’ve stayed home to work. They were ecstatic to see me at the airport.

That’s the truth. My wife has taken the kids to Florida to visit some of her family for a week and I’ve stayed home to work. They were ecstatic to see me at the airport.

A whole week without anyone else around sounds like such a wonderful experience im drifting away with a smile just thinking about it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PvilleStang said:

6:56 pm she decided to show up!  Mom and baby are doing great and resting.

Congrats man.  I’ll be right there with you here in a few days.  We don’t know if we’re having a boy or girl. Can’t believe we made it through the whole pregnancy without finding out the gender 

Congrats man.  I’ll be right there with you here in a few days.  We don’t know if we’re having a boy or girl. Can’t believe we made it through the whole pregnancy without finding out the gender 
We did that twice. The surprise is crazy surreal when you finally see whatever it is, we have 1 of each. I thought our girl was a boy until what I saw was part of the umbilical cord.

Main thing is that labor and delivery go smooth and baby comes out healthy! Goodbye and good luck

2 year old girl is just evil. Ripped her brother’s headphones off his head, then threw them across the room. Put her in timeout, and crocodile tears begin. After a few minutes, I tell her she can get up and to come talk to me. As she’s walking over, she’s trying not to smirk (kept trying to frown and act sad) and during the entire time I’m telling her what she did was wrong. Didn’t learn a damn thing.

14 hours ago, demos said:

2 year old girl is just evil. Ripped her brother’s headphones off his head, then threw them across the room. Put her in timeout, and crocodile tears begin. After a few minutes, I tell her she can get up and to come talk to me. As she’s walking over, she’s trying not to smirk (kept trying to frown and act sad) and during the entire time I’m telling her what she did was wrong. Didn’t learn a damn thing.

At that point, favorite dolly, GI Joe, teddy bear, whatever, goes bye bye.

Week one down in the books.  Mrs. PVS only tried to kill me twice.  Baby PVS is sleeping next to me peacefully as I catch up on surly, and Mrs. PVS is asleep in bed (hopefully, she needs / deserves it after last night).   Sleeps so well during the day, melts down around 10pm - midnight or so.  

Edited by PvilleStang
dad brain