2019 Red River Rivalry University of Texas VS OUSUX - Cotton Bowl 11AM on FOX

blacklab

Tale of two units switching places in each half. First half, offense was absolute dogshit and the defense did their part. 2nd half, offense improved but the defense continually shit the bed. Tim Beck and Todd Orlando are going to be the death of the Tom Herman era if he doesn't figure things out. That Tim Beck first half was about as bad of one since 2004. Without the defense bailing them out, we would've been buried. 2 turnovers and zero points out of it. Criminal. Then the defense just flat out couldn't do anything. Couldn't tackle. Couldn't stop routine plays. Couldn't get a stop when needed. It's how I thought the game was originally going to go. I'd be mad if I thought we had a legitimate shot to win this game. We never did. That speaks volumes for this program right now. When was the last time we went into Texas OU feeling confident that we could win or that we would win? 2005? 2009? And Sam reverted to freshman year Sam. That's on Beck for that shitfest of a gameplan. Went away from everything that works. We've still got a long way to go. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

They attacked us from the kickoff, and we just took blow after blow from them. Our gameplan was awful. We weren’t ready. 

I did like that, after throwing about 5 passes behind the line of scrimmage that went for negative yards in the first half, we didn't seem to do that in the second half.  

Tale of two units switching places in each half. First half, offense was absolute dogshit and the defense did their part. 2nd half, offense improved but the defense continually shit the bed. Tim Beck and Todd Orlando are going to be the death of the Tom Herman era if he doesn't figure things out. That Tim Beck first half was about as bad of one since 2004. Without the defense bailing them out, we would've been buried. 2 turnovers and zero points out of it. Criminal. Then the defense just flat out couldn't do anything. Couldn't tackle. Couldn't stop routine plays. Couldn't get a stop when needed. It's how I thought the game was originally going to go. I'd be mad if I thought we had a legitimate shot to win this game. We never did. That speaks volumes for this program right now. When was the last time we went into Texas OU feeling confident that we could win or that we would win? 2005? 2009? And Sam reverted to freshman year Sam. That's on Beck for that shitfest of a gameplan. Went away from everything that works. We've still got a long way to go. 

It also looks like there is still a non-negligible talent gap between the programs. 2020 and 2021 classes can’t get here fast enough.
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, austintiger said:

You looked unprepared against the two good teams you played this year.  You have a major coaching issue. Those kids looked lost today. Talented yes?...but lost.

You're right about one thing..Mack would have lost that game by 40

This game didn't feel anything like the LSU game. There were several points during the LSU game when I thought we could win. It didn't happen, but that game wasn't decided until the very end. It never felt like we would win today even when it was a 7 point game.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, austintiger said:

You looked unprepared against the two good teams you played this year.  You have a major coaching issue. Those kids looked lost today. Talented yes?...but lost.

Your team is going to suck ass next year without a QB

Things I had issues with:

We never established the physicality that we preach. Instead of letting our O line try to establish themselves, drive them off the ball, and get the run game going... We kept going sideways. It didn't work the first 47 times, please stop throwing the RB flare or adjust to something else off of it (Like QB counter). We never did. Instead of running at them and through them, we kept running away from them and they kept catching us. 

For the amount of time we spent asking our O line to pass block, we sure never adjusted to being able to pick up simple stunts. A couple of the sacks were Sam's fault, but a lot of them were someone coming free quickly when we were trying to let long routes develop on 3rd and long. Poor overall job by the O-line today.

Defense kept us in this game... Certainly lived up to the "bend but don't break" reputation they've earned this year... But for the love of God, can we please fucking tackle someone?????! Even our best defenders were wrapping up and getting shed. Totally embarrassing effort once they had the ball in their hands.

Bottom line, OUsucks out-physicalled us and that's embarrassing.

There was some good too (looking at you RoJo!), but we already know what we're good at and we expect those things to show up at game time. Need to get these things fixed, win the rest of our games, and see these guys again in Jerry World. Hook em 🤘

Edited by TheBryMan81
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, austintiger said:

Go fuck yourself. We don’t need your kind around here. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Whatever the fucking deal is with Herman trotting Ingram out there over Rojo needs to stop. Does he want to pat a kid on the back and build his confidence, or does he want to win? It's blatantly obvious Rojo is miles ahead of Ingram in talent and work ethic. 

Yeah. Rojo is just a winner. You could probably put him in the secondary and he'd be our best guy. 

4 minutes ago, jw4381 said:

First game in a long time I felt like we got our butts whipped up and down the field. Very lucky to only lose by 7.

Why did Dev take all those kicks out of the endzone? Captainship get to his head?

Plus he caught one that looked like it was going out of bounds, and nearly stepped out in doing so. Not the first time he's done that this year.

5 minutes ago, austintiger said:

someone's a little sensitive. The truth hurts dude. Riley will own herman as long as he stays in norman. Believe me we know what bad coaching looks like. We had les miles.

Do y’all have a board? Need validation? You and your bitchass fanbase can fuck off. 

Glad our offense showed up at the end of the game 
fuck that. show up from the jump. run rojo and the quick game... until you get the safeties up and shut down some of the blitz on 3rd...

we're going to have problems on offense. our wr cannot get open. they can only be tall...

1 minute ago, Snacks said:

fuck that. show up from the jump. run rojo and the quick game... until you get the safeties up and shut down some of the blitz on 3rd...

we're going to have problems on offense. our wr cannot get open. they can only be tall...

Yeah. It's weird to me that other teams have dudes running open all the time. Is our route running that poor? Epps for one - his body language is shitty and defeated every time they show him.

13 minutes ago, jw4381 said:

Yeah. It's weird to me that other teams have dudes running open all the time. Is our route running that poor? Epps for one - his body language is shitty and defeated every time they show him.

More shitty coaching. Mehringer stinks. 

• Fuck You 1

someone's a little sensitive. The truth hurts dude. Riley will own herman as long as he stays in norman. Believe me we know what bad coaching looks like. We had les miles.

Classic comment from trailer trash that begged Herman to come to LSU, only to be ghosted.

1 minute ago, Aces_Full said:

Riley is 1 & 1 in the RRS & 2-1 overall, including a 7 point win today.  Let’s not anoint him just yet.  Texas gets healthy & offensive coaches grow a pair & we win conference championship.  

Riley actually had a very solid gameplan on both sides of the ball today. He is legit.

Herman rolled into the RRS with a bunch of shitty WR swing passes to Duvernay and no answer to the blitz.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Aces_Full said:

Riley is 1 & 1 in the RRS & 2-1 overall, including a 7 point win today.  Let’s not anoint him just yet.  Texas gets healthy & offensive coaches grow a pair & we win conference championship.  

He's lost 4 games in his coaching career, 2 in the playoffs. He's already produced 2 Heisman Trophy winners and is on his way to a 3rd. I mean it's not like he sucks. 

• Like 1

We lost to LSU by 7 and OU by 7... but agree we got pushed around this game. However we still kept it close and if we wouldn't have had what seems like an anomaly of a bad day on offense, could very well have squeaked out a win. Decimated defense and all. 

I guess I'm just not as doom and gloom as everyone else. This team can still pull it together and make a run at the B12 championship and a decent bowl game.  

1 hour ago, austintiger said:

Until Riley has to actually develop a QB and stop relying on rented QBs, I’m not jumping on that boat. 

• Like 1