2019 Red River Rivalry University of Texas VS OUSUX - Cotton Bowl 11AM on FOX

blacklab

Just now, dcar00 said:

my biggest problem is the bullshit O playcalling in the first half and no desire to establish the running game.  please shelve the pussy ass WR screens if our WR's wont block.

Yep, and they said it during the game, ou's DC said they weren't doing their job if they weren't getting DPI calls against them, they wanted to force refs to call it. 

They were going to blitz and spy all day to sell out and hope to God B12 refs wouldn't flag em and we were content to try to run Sam and throw short/backward pass bullshittery.  It worked for em.

2 minutes ago, Scooter Monzingo said:

I can’t believe ou managed 9 sacks? Sure, they may be improved. But giving up 9, well I’m not sure what to think of that.

Then there is ou’s DB’s. Who seemed to know before anyone where those screens were going. They reacted to those like they were in the fucking huddle

Our screens are pretty easy to read...but they did react very well to them

38 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

Fortunately with this clown conference, this game doesn’t matter anymore.   Maybe our O line’s nuts will drop by December.

Ehrlinger almost always had time to pass.  He didn't have all day, but he had enough.  He needed to find some short routes to get rid of it without holding it forever.

Edited by bullet

26 minutes ago, kingkoopa6 said:

9 sacks tho... 

thats nuts.. 

sup with them 0 or negative yard play stats.. something seems fishy.

That's on either the QB, the receivers or the coaches with their play calls.  Erhlinger had sufficient time.  He held it too long too often.

7 minutes ago, Scooter Monzingo said:

I can’t believe ou managed 9 sacks? Sure, they may be improved. But giving up 9, well I’m not sure what to think of that  

Sam held the ball far too long today. And OU’s DBs held our receivers every play, not that it had anything to do with them reading our screens. We didn’t make any obvious adjustments at halftime. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

It’s almost like that can be coached to not happen

Well in fairness to the coaches, I saw the upman tell Duvernay to go down one time and he still ran it out.  Don't remember if he managed to get to the 20 or if that was the time he only got to the 12.

I don't mind losing so long as we look well coached. We don't.

We still can't figure out catching the ball on ST return.

We take on blocks and give up the outside shoulder.

Our DBs don't look for the ball.

We blitz but give 10 yard cushions.

We blitz from 8 yards deep, right into blockers.

Our defenders don't play assignment football.

Our oline still can't handle stunts.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Sam held the ball far too long today. And OU’s DBs held our receivers every play, not that it had anything to do with them reading our screens. We didn’t make any obvious adjustments at halftime. 

Well we scored 24 in the 2nd vs. 3 in the first.  We were a lot more successful.  We maybe should have called some plays in the middle where the holding is obvious.

Just now, David Dennison said:

Our best players had their worst game of the season by far and we lost by 7.

We can beat OU.

Why was the offense so lackadaisical? One would think they would play more fired up, like they did last year.

Maybe the 1100am start time or something, but  jeez, this is your biggest rival.you shouldn’t have to be prodded into a fight.

Rojo should have had more touches particularly in the second half when we were driving and had to settle for 3, I don’t think he got a single carry on that drive.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, El Squared said:

Why was the offense so lackadaisical? One would think they would play more fired up, like they did last year.

Maybe the 1100am start time or something, but  jeez, this is your biggest rival.you shouldn’t have to be prodded into a fight.

Rojo should have had more touches particularly in the second half when we were driving and had to settle for 3, I don’t think he got a single carry on that drive.

Its hard to tell sometimes why one team wants it more.  But I think OU definitely did today.  We seemed tentative, especially on defense.  Maybe they let OU's speed get in their heads.

15 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Our best players had their worst game of the season by far and we lost by 7.

We can beat OU.

This. I also think OU defense is pretty much at their ceiling. That D won’t get any better than what they played today. Our offense/Sam won’t be as putrid as they were in this game. Also if we get Whittington, Sterns, Green, Overshown, etc back, I like our chances.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

Not be a loser, man. 
 You gotta do what epic winners do when they get stressed or face adversity. You go to a rub and tug and let a Chinese woman lick your balls, maybe play with your ass a little like Bob Craft.

I agree that I'm being a total pussy about this loss but since I have one, I don't feel too bad about myself. I just need to watch some hated teams lose now. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, bullet said:

Its hard to tell sometimes why one team wants it more.  But I think OU definitely did today.  We seemed tentative, especially on defense.  Maybe they let OU's speed get in their heads

I think our guys talked too much shit before the game and didn’t spend enough time worrying about backing it up. 

What a weird game. We were absolutely as unprepared as in any game Mack Brown led us to slaughter, yet we really were right there till the end. Guess that’s a reflection of the talent we have.

I hope this pisses a lot of people off. Coaches need to look themselves in the mirror this evening, as do quite a few players. It was a total failure. 

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I think our guys talked too much shit before the game and didn’t spend enough time worrying about backing it up. 

What a weird game. We were absolutely as unprepared as in any game Mack Brown led us to slaughter, yet we really were right there till the end. Guess that’s a reflection of the talent we have.

I hope this pisses a lot of people off. Coaches need to look themselves in the mirror this evening, as do quite a few players. It was a total failure. 

I somehow kidded myself thinking this was going to be the Georgia game, v2.0., but alas they didn’t have that team’s desire or edge.

Yes of course, there needs to be introspective but this talk of winning out and looking forward to the rematch has to stop until they get their shit together and change, o/w we will get punked by at least a couple other teams. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lat22 said:

We were never in that game. Never. From the moment the ball went into the air. We were never in that game.

Agreed. We lost it before the team left Austin. And just like so many Mack games, we didn’t attack from the opening kickoff. We spread our ass cheeks and took it. 

Just now, Tex Pete said:

Agreed. We lost it before the team left Austin. And just like so many Mack games, we didn’t attack from the opening kickoff. We spread our ass cheeks and took it. 

You guys are way too over dramatic. They played better than us period. It’s not much more than that really. Their defense made plays

4 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

You guys are way too over dramatic. They played better than us period. It’s not much more than that really. Their defense made plays

They attacked us from the kickoff, and we just took blow after blow from them. Our gameplan was awful. We weren’t ready. 

Seven point loss = never in the game... yeah okay.

We played like shit and made stupid mistakes. Our offensive play calling was idiotic. But we were very much in this game. The staff needs to learn from this and move on. Other than that, let's pray our injuries heal fast before the last third of the season. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I agree that, despite the close score and back and forth nature of the second half, it never seemed like we would win.  OU always seemed in control.

But, in the Mack days, this game would have been 52-21 or something like that.  The first time something went wrong, it snowballed into a blowout.  Give this team credit.  They fight until the very end.  Herman deserves some credit for that.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

I agree that, despite the close score and back and forth nature of the second half, it never seemed like we would win.  OU always seemed in control.

But, in the Mack days, this game would have been 52-21 or something like that.  The first time something went wrong, it snowballed into a blowout.  Give this team credit.  They fight until the very end.  Herman deserves some credit for that.

You looked unprepared against the two good teams you played this year.  You have a major coaching issue. Those kids looked lost today. Talented yes?...but lost.

You're right about one thing..Mack would have lost that game by 40

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

4 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

yep.  When RoJo scored, we were right there.  D shit the bed, but can;t blame them too  much for the position they'd been in all day.  

O playcalling and OL cost us the win.