2019 - 2020 Dallas Mavericks: Eastern Bloc > Western Conference

CBT

42 minutes ago, Drew said:

Loved the fight in this team, from when KP got tossed in game one, and after getting beat the fuck up in game 3 and losing Luka.

This team will only get better and if they had played ANYONE but the Clips they'd have had a better chance to advance.

I don't disagree.  It's trash talk, maybe using race, even as an identifier, probably shouldn't be done in today's climate.  Apologize, or dont, and move on.  Someone get a tech for knocking him on his ass Sunday.

And This.

It's a stupid term someone came up with.  It's supposed to mean racism against white(thus "Racism in Reverse")

But that's actually...just, umm...racism.  Racism is racism no matter what color/race/ethnicity you or they are. So "Reverse Racism" doesn't actually exist(and it's just as stupid to for someone to claim they can't be a racist because they're a POC).

White folks can be racist.  Black folks can be racist(I've shared the story of my racist ass Father in Law a couple of times).  Latinos can be racist. Asians can be racist(and I'll say some of the most racist people I've ever actually met are Asians, Jesus).  Anyone can be racist.  It's not solely a "white only" institution.  Just the Institutional Racism that we're trying to destroy today.

Back to the Mavs...we're going to have to deal with this from time to time. Our 2 stars are Eastern Euro White Dudes and REALLY good.  Some of our key role players are also Euro Whites...there will be backlash from some players, and especially on social media, about it.  Hell I see people on Twitter all the time saying how Luka isn't all that great, he's only getting hyped BECAUSE he's White.

IF only Luka and KP had a badass Euro white dude mentor who has experienced some of the backlash you speak of.  That would be great.

14 minutes ago, Llogg said:

This is obviously what it refers to. The idea that someone in an oppressed minority can hold views against the oppressive majority that are of equal weight as those of the oppressive majority against that oppressed minority is ridiculous on its face. Earlier this year someone in the news had a great soundbite along the lines of "the word you can't say in public is the worse word". Calling someone a white boy is not nearly as big a deal as dropping an N bomb or even "black ass" and it is obvious to everyone except snowflake trolls all butthurt over the assault on their white privilege.

Agree completely.  My remarks were mainly about the "revers racism" which a BS word because it doesn't exist.  It's just racism.  Not just white folks are racist.

And yes calling someone a white boy is obviously not in the same realm as calling someone the N Word.  It would be ridiculous to claim otherwise. And people pretending it's as bad are stupid.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

IF only Luka and KP had a badass Euro white dude mentor who has experienced some of the backlash you speak of.  That would be great.

He's enjoying driving his minivan and hanging with Steve Nash and their kids.  Maybe next year.

Honestly seems like he's enjoying retirement.  He'll probably be more antsy and ready to be involved with the team in a year or so.

18 minutes ago, Drew said:

He's enjoying driving his minivan and hanging with Steve Nash and their kids.  Maybe next year.

Honestly seems like he's enjoying retirement.  He'll probably be more antsy and ready to be involved with the team in a year or so.

I’m sure that despite his busy schedule he can probably find time to grab a bite to eat every now and then if the young guys want to pick his brain.

I love how the ones on this thread crying and  going on about what it was be like if roles were reversed are DT safe-spacers who fled the CR because they couldn’t deal with being an ideological minority.

At least you aren’t getting pulled over in your own neighborhood, fellas. Luka will get his. Sorry about the unfairness of this moment to you. Maybe go watch Tucker Carlson or listen to Todd and Don or something.

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

11 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I love how the ones on this thread crying and  going on about what it was be like if roles were reversed are DT safe-spacers who fled the CR because they couldn’t deal with being an ideological minority.

At least you aren’t getting pulled over in your own neighborhood, fellas. Luka will get his. Sorry about the unfairness of this moment to you. Maybe go watch Tucker Carlson or listen to Todd and Don or something.

Fuck you, you reverse racist piece of shit

Good ole Shag/Surl, never fails to stupify.  This isn't hard guys

If you believe that invoking the color of a person's skin in the midst of an insult is racist....then it's racist.  That's it the end.

Now here's the rub.  There were probably thousands of racist things that happened yesterday, where do you prioritize this event (one rich black guy jaw jacking with a rich white guy on a basketball court and using a little racist language in the process) on the level of needing to give a fuck and combatting to end the damage that racism does.   

It's very possible for something to be bad (racist) and not be worth spending a lot of time on because there are so many bigger issues encompassed by the same bad thing that actually require your attention.  

Some of ya'll motherfuckers need to watch this remedial video

Edited by Surly Bevo

14 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Yeah I just saw washparkhorn’s “great news” and assumed he was playing. Just read a DMN article from Townsend posted 3 hours ago that said what Stein did. I bet he plays. I just hope he can go to the basket and isn’t a liability on D. 

Great news was the fact there were not structural defects seen on MRI that might have ruled him out for the rest of the playoffs.

There is a chance he might play, but I imagine he will  have pain with the demands of basketball on his ankle. Fingers crossed for good news. 

Update from NBA - he is active!!!!

Let's win this one Mavs!

Edited by washparkhorn

3 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

This is a blowout. Maxi is playing like a bitch. THJ sucks today. Why is either JJ in the game?  I question our strategy. Put Luka and MKG back in now, and tell MKG and THJ to stop shooting threes. 

carlisle knows we ain't winnin this game.   we have zero bench.  I'd just rest luka and hope you can run the table. if KP can get back.

8 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I seriously doubt Carlisle doesn’t believe we can win. Our bench is missing one player off of the one that scored 47 two games ago. 

Yes, he probably feels the odds are low but if this was an unwinnable game Luka wouldn’t be playing. 

agreed. he won't pull him until its obvious.  I'm just saying its obvious to me.  the clips decide to get in the lane, they can at will.

I do know the players don't give up which will keep it interesting.

Edited by dcar00