Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

5 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

Kind of a dick move though, no? Not a good look to fire him after winning a bowl game.

Optics and such

the guy had it all lined up for him this year and failed miserably.  OU wins the conf again and he can't even make the champ game. Patterson makes him his bitch again.

it his fault he decided to pay off his G5 buddies (and hired a failed OC) from his original staff and had to redo the whole damn thing.

I hope we are done with the optics because this shit is tired.

1 minute ago, wood said:

I wanted him gone a long time ago, but I don't really think the timing is odd. People a week or two ago were saying it would be odd if we fired him mid-season. What's a little unusual is firing him after a "winning" season, but it's certainly not unheard of, esp when the total body of work is so mediocre.

Auburn gave no fucks

4 minutes ago, Reese Bennett said:

Nobody cares about Tom Herman optics and if they do, it won't last long. What about the optics of losing to the thieves and cockroaches while having a recruiting class that falls between Tennessee/Wisconsin and Ole Miss/Maryland? In recruiting, we are closer to Arkansas than North fucking Carolina. We are closer to Boston College than the fucking Sooners. How about that for optics? When multiple captains quit on your team, what are the optics? When you get drunk flying around on big cigar personal jets while your wife tries to wreck the plane is that an optic we should be concerned about? What about the optics when Herman can't fire a WR coach who is actively undermining him and setting the WR room on fire? Did you enjoy the optics of our OL missing stunts all year? Fuck optics. Bring me someone who can fully weaponize the University of Texas. Bring me Urban or die trying.

Got damn, man ... great post.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Reese Bennett said:

Nobody cares about Tom Herman optics and if they do, it won't last long. What about the optics of losing to the thieves and cockroaches while having a recruiting class that falls between Tennessee/Wisconsin and Ole Miss/Maryland? In recruiting, we are closer to Arkansas than North fucking Carolina. We are closer to Boston College than the fucking Sooners. How about that for optics? When multiple captains quit on your team, what are the optics? When you get drunk flying around on big cigar personal jets while your wife tries to wreck the plane is that an optic we should be concerned about? What about the optics when Herman can't fire a WR coach who is actively undermining him and setting the WR room on fire? Did you enjoy the optics of our OL missing stunts all year? Fuck optics. Bring me someone who can fully weaponize the University of Texas. Bring me Urban or die trying.

My point is fuckface should've been fired already if we have UM lined up. That's it.

I'm struggling with why he's still here. It doesn't make sense. Ash can coach the Alamo Bowl. 

• Hook 'Em 1

The question now is when does Herman get fired? I’ve been told multiple times Herman won’t get his walking papers until we have a new coach tee’d up. If UM is indeed the guy, the clock starts really ticking once Ohio States season is over. I don’t think they can beat Clemson. Things should start getting real on January 2nd. 

I had a timeline of today for Herman being fired or that it isn’t happening. If we really plan on firing him, I am not sure what else we could be waiting for.  Call me an idiot, but I am left to believe that fucking awful public statement by what’s appearing to be an empty suit AD. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

1 minute ago, DFW Horn said:

My point is fuckface should've been fired already if we have UM lined up. That's it.

I'm struggling with why he's still here. It doesn't make sense. Ash can coach the Alamo Bowl. 

If UM is lined up, he wants to protect his guys at tOSU. Thats something we've all agreed on. If you fire CTH now, all of that speculation about who's gonna be the next coach comes back, and his guys start getting heat. That's why you wait on firing CTH until tOSU gets eliminated from playoff contention. IMO. Obv, this requires a lot of assumptions about back room deals, coaching choices, and the likes. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Reese Bennett said:

Reverend!!!

17 minutes ago, jinx said:

I had a timeline of today for Herman being fired or that it isn’t happening. If we really plan on firing him, I am not sure what else we could be waiting for.  Call me an idiot, but I am left to believe that fucking awful public statement by what’s appearing to be an empty suit AD. 

their are only 2 possibilities at this point, IMO

1. we are keeping Herman

2. Urban said yes but wait

If Urban was a no go and we definitely wanted another coach, we would have fired him already.   

I will be shocked if we waited to fire him for someone else after Kansas was cancelled but the NSD1 date may be changing the calculus(the reschedule of KU didn't help either).

next year is going to be a complete disaster if Herman is on the sidelines and we have a first year QB.  I will stop blaming Herman, that will be all on CDC.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I think it’s pretty clear that UM is not lined up and is unlikely to ever be lined up.   Denial is comforting though. 

On the plus side, I strongly believe Herman is gone. The CDC statement fiasco was likely a (failed) attempt to buy time to start a coaching search outside of UM from scratch as we thought he couldn’t say no. 

that is why I want to hear the reason we were so sure and why we were so wrong. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 8

29 minutes ago, Caddox said:

If UM is indeed the guy, the clock starts really ticking once Ohio States season is over. I don’t think they can beat Clemson. Things should start getting real on January 2nd. 

So what you're saying is that they'll beat Clemson and drag this out a few more weeks.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, DFW Horn said:

I must admit it was one helluva rant!

Maybe save it for somebody who wants to keep Fuckface, though. Tell me more about Herman's drunken follies, @Reese Bennett

Church james brown GIF on GIFER - by Dianadar

@Reese Bennett speech is what I call BDE in a box (cube)! It’s got the energy! It’s fiery! It’s big! 

I get people are pissed about the state of UT football. Urban or Bust damnit. There is no No! Its pursue and conquer. It’s a fucking quest for the Holy Grail folks. It’s not for the faint hearted. Go big or go home. If peeps don’t like the optics invest in some blindfolds. We got this! Urban or Bust! 

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, knee_pain said:

If UM is lined up, he wants to protect his guys at tOSU. Thats something we've all agreed on. If you fire CTH now, all of that speculation about who's gonna be the next coach comes back, and his guys start getting heat. That's why you wait on firing CTH until tOSU gets eliminated from playoff contention. IMO. Obv, this requires a lot of assumptions about back room deals, coaching choices, and the likes. 

CTH-ulhu

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Reese Bennett said:

You forgot all the transfers.

1 minute ago, mantis toboggan said:

I think it’s pretty clear that UM is not lined up and is unlikely to ever be lined up.   Denial is comforting though. 

On the plus side, I strongly believe Herman is gone. The CDC statement fiasco was likely a (failed) attempt to buy time to start a coaching search outside of UM from scratch as we thought he couldn’t say no. 

that is why I want to hear the reason we were so sure and why we were so wrong. 

If Tom is gone and UM is not lined up today would have seen more activity. The only seemingly attainable coach that we have to wait for is Kelly. No coach outside the top 4 needs to wait any longer to get in here since most bowls will be canceled. 

Unless there's a NFL guy we are waiting on then its either UM or Brian Kelly based on the inactivity we've seen today. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

If Tom is gone and UM is not lined up today would have seen more activity. The only seemingly attainable coach that we have to wait for is Kelly. No coach outside the top 4 needs to wait any longer to get in here since most bowls will be canceled. 

Unless there's a NFL guy we are waiting on then its either UM or Brian Kelly based on the inactivity we've seen today. 

Then we can surmise that we do have UM lined up?

If so, CDC must be a damn good poker player. Herman said they "talk every day". I wonder how many face-to-face meetings they've had recently? It'd be awfully hard for CDC not to be uncomfortable knowing he's hiding Fuckface's impending dismissal. Awkward

Edited by DFW Horn
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

Then we can surmise that we do have UM lined up?

If so, CDC must be a damn good poker player. Herman said they "talk every day". I wonder how many face-to-face meetings they've had recently? It'd be awfully hard for CDC not be uncomfortable knowing he's hiding Fuckface's impending dismissal.

I would give little credence to what Tom Herman says these days. 

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, Caddox said:

The question now is when does Herman get fired? I’ve been told multiple times Herman won’t get his walking papers until we have a new coach tee’d up. If UM is indeed the guy, the clock starts really ticking once Ohio States season is over. I don’t think they can beat Clemson. Things should start getting real on January 2nd. 

It'll be after the new year

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

their are only 2 possibilities at this point, IMO

1. we are keeping Herman

2. Urban said yes but wait

If Urban was a no go and we definitely wanted another coach, we would have fired him already.   

I will be shocked if we waited to fire him for someone else after Kansas was cancelled but the NSD1 date may be changing the calculus(the reschedule of KU didn't help either).

next year is going to be a complete disaster if Herman is on the sidelines and we have a first year QB.  I will stop blaming Herman, that will be all on CDC.

Agreed. It's Urban Meyer or Tom Herman.

14 minutes ago, maninblack said:

It'll be after the new year

I love how the information is just laid for people and yet some still sit here and just pontificate the scenarios. People cannot just sit back and be spoon fed the timeline without spinning off and creating all of these alternate scenarios. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, wood said:

I wanted him gone a long time ago, but I don't really think the timing is odd. People a week or two ago were saying it would be odd if we fired him mid-season. What's a little unusual is firing him after a "winning" season, but it's certainly not unheard of, esp when the total body of work is so mediocre (and horrific against ou sucks, TCU, the Turtles, etc).

1 hour ago, pops said:

Auburn gave no fucks

One other coach ... name escapes me.  His record - 

image.thumb.png.22249f9f88182294cab2ebf168bf497f.png

1 hour ago, Reese Bennett said:

What's this about the wife trying to crash a plane? I must have missed that story...

1 minute ago, senorfussybutt said:

What's this about the wife trying to crash a plane? I must have missed that story...

Tom & Michelle allegedly got drunk on a private plane, had a spat, and she tried to open the damn cabin's door. She sounds like a peach, too. First Lady of Texas Football.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, kevwun said:

Sark was drunk at booster functions, team meetings and at least one game.  There are some things that are unforgivable for coaches.  Are you willing to bet millions of dollars on him being able to keep on the straight and narrow when Saban isn't looking over his shoulder?  The babysitting the University already does for Herman is ridiculous, if a coach requires something like that, they had better win like Augie Garrido.

I knew a girl in Chicago from DC whose brother was a preferred walk on for USCs Oline from 2013-2017. In 2015ish right before Sark was let go, she showed me a video from their parent night/weekend for the players her mom sent he (there’s a special name for the event, can’t remember) and it was bad. Eyes completely glassed, “We’re gonna go out there, uhhh *swallow and pause*, win, and fuckin fight on.” “Sarked” was not just an Internet rumor/meme as the entire team used it as a verb that year.