Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

13 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I guess put together (serious) questions for me to ask and I will give whatever answers I can give after I ask him. That’s what I can offer. I know a vague timeline of stuff so far. But this was the first time he’s said, “yep I gave them what I promised.” Gave. So I’m excited too. This is way too big to fib about. I did ask if it was Urban and he said, “who the hell else do you think it’d be for?” Again this doesn’t mean shit until we see it. And it could be one of two Plan B’s either of which most of us would get excited about. I’m not gonna sleep tonite unless I get other news. Damn. 

Serious questions

1. When did the courting officially start

2. Any ideas on staffing $$ / staff continunity

3. Football Asst AD is coming from outside of the UT hierarchy (sneaking suspicion that it is an associate AD at an SEC school)

4. Were we right with any of the fight tracking?

5. Can you convince your Source to leak a major fake rumor to Jabba the Ketch and FCB right before they hire Meyer for the lulz

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Tonesky said:

Was money given with authorization to use on an undefined plan B if no CUM, or with expectation of CUM or bust (and return funds)?

My source was pretty clear from October that he was an Urban or Bust guy. As the season progressed my source hasn’t changed that stance. Now if that money goes towards someone other than UM, but someone else that would be seen as a major upgrade to Herman, then I believe that based on everything I know up until this point my source would consider it money well spent. If Herman stays I would hope that money goes back? I don’t know how this shit works. I never had that much personally to donate to something like that. And if I did I would assume if I was able to I would have some assurances that this was happening. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

This needs to be a six episode series on Netflix. Seriously. 

We think it was CIA money or a guy who banked on a blackwater type deal in Iraq. We thought that because I cornered him and made him come clean about the cash. That was his story. Actually something about the Kurds and oil and new Iraqi government and whatever else. Last offer was a plane flight to an airstrip where the bags of money would be delivered. We were serious worried about possible kidnapping or at least some sort of nasty leverage - once your in you can’t get out - play.  Ended up with a normal offer from a PE firm took that but backed out when the CEO went off his rocker a few days before close. He actually wanted the dark money because “the deal was better”... 

Edited by troph

4 minutes ago, CfRhTxStBobcats said:

Where's futureman? If I had to lay money on it I'd bet it won't be Urban, but the lack of futureman has me wondering. Hopefully he's practicing fist to ass.

He's probably crying in his pillow about HP getting beat today by Denton Ryan

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Longhornlove said:

Working out here in San Diego CA, that is one of things I miss the most, good ol sausage. Selection out here is embarrassing. Most offerings rival hot dog weenies.

I once saw a batch of Earl Campbell at the Food4Less in Kearny Mesa -- the one across the street from Wal-Mart, on Balboa? You know I was on that like wet on water. Wife and kids didn't appreciate the quality over the usual Hillshire Farm garbáge. Hrmph. Philistines.

That said, I've grown to love the quality of the North County burrito.

Edited by Rimbo

5 minutes ago, CfRhTxStBobcats said:

Where's futureman? If I had to lay money on it I'd bet it won't be Urban, but the lack of futureman has me wondering. Hopefully he's practicing fist to ass.

Never ever ask where fisterman is. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, troph said:

We think it was CIA money or a guy who banked on a blackwater type deal. Last offer was a plane flight to an airstrip where the bags of money would be delivered. We were serious worried about possible kidnapping or at least some sort of nasty leverage - once your in you can’t get out - play.  Ended up with a normal offer from a PE firm took that but backed out when the CEO went off his rocker a few days before close. He actually wanted the dark money because “the deal was better”... 

Im sorry.... I was going through a rough patch then and wanted to use the other part of the skimmed proceeds to disappear in the Caribbean with hookers and blow and you ruined it for me

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, jinx said:

If it is Urban, they need to do a 30 for 30 on this thread.  

Or at least get the guys that made the Foste    Brandon Jones documentary from Texags.. They do great work for UT

Edited by Laxtonto
Im a fuckhead

4 minutes ago, troph said:

We think it was CIA money or a guy who banked on a blackwater type deal in Iraq. We thought that because I cornered him and made him come clean about the cash. That was his story. Actually something about the Kurds and oil and new Iraqi government and whatever else. Last offer was a plane flight to an airstrip where the bags of money would be delivered. We were serious worried about possible kidnapping or at least some sort of nasty leverage - once your in you can’t get out - play.  Ended up with a normal offer from a PE firm took that but backed out when the CEO went off his rocker a few days before close. He actually wanted the dark money because “the deal was better”... 

I think I'm a bit behind on what's happening here but this sounds like the CUM deal is sealed and I need to get to the happening bunker pronto.

3 minutes ago, jinx said:

Never ever ask where fisterman is. 

So I am guessing IMMA is going to officially change his name and on all of his socks to fisterman if this happens...

see fisterman (the OG) being repped by fisterman (S1), fisterman (S2) and so on..

2 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

I think I'm a bit behind on what's happening here but this sounds like the CUM deal is sealed and I need to get to the happening bunker pronto.

Nicole has the deets on UM I’m just reminiscing about shit. 

• Hook 'Em 1

damn it's going to be a long day and a longer one tomorrow. I started today with bloody marys, then beer, now champagne (toasting UM), and the ohio st / clemson game hasn't even started and I'll probably move to Redbreast.   And, I have an 80 mile training ride scheduled for tomorrow.  might have to rethink that

Edited by alphahorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

So I am guessing IMMA is going to officially change his name and on all of his socks to fisterman if this happens...

see fisterman (the OG) being repped by fisterman (S1), fisterman (S2) and so on..

so I have nothing to worry about, then?  cool.

it’s amazing how petty y’all are about being the last to accept the truth. I spoonfed all of you the truth months ago like the children you are and you’re still desperately clinging to hope like battered housewives. saddest thing I’ve ever seen, tbh. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, futureman said:

so I have nothing to worry about, then?  cool.

it’s amazing how petty y’all are about being the last to accept the truth. I spoonfed all of you the truth months ago like the children you are and you’re still desperately clinging to hope like battered housewives. saddest thing I’ve ever seen, tbh. 

Been beating your wife a lot lately, have you?

2 minutes ago, Reese Bennett said:

Buddy Holly just wrote a song about this thread.

Screw Elvis, I’ll take Buddy Holly any day. An actual musician that wrote his own songs versus a gyrating poser. If he didn’t take that plane ride I think Texas would be the Mecca of 50s music with him and Roy Orbison. 

• Hook 'Em 4

46 minutes ago, troph said:

I did a deal once where a guy wanted to bring seven figures in cash in black trash bags.  Not even kidding. It was freaky.  The craziest part was the line of business was of a kind where government espionage makes sense. We had several theories about the cash and one was it was CIA money.  I killed the deal. No effing way.

I would have taken that and turned it into a 6 figure deal.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1