Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

12 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Is this the beginning of Clemson’s demise? Lawrence, Etienne, Rogers will be gone. Defense looks like dog shit. Future doesn’t exactly look bright for Clemson right now.  

They're recruiting at a high level and the heir apparent at QB looked pretty impressive.

I'd love for it to be the case, but DJ probably gonna have to flop for any chance of that playing out, in my estimation

12 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Is this the beginning of Clemson’s demise? Lawrence, Etienne, Rogers will be gone. Defense looks like dog shit. Future doesn’t exactly look bright for Clemson right now.  

I was thinking the same thing earlier. Their backup 5* isn't in the same stratosphere as Watson or Lawrence, and their 5* back just left after 2 games to transfer to Florida. 

10 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

540 pts to 353

Yeah that was a wild year but it was more of a crazy year for the offense. The previous year the offense only scored 339 total. After the 540 year Sark came back to the team avg at 353. Either way, I wouldn’t say Sark fucked up a masterpiece—469 was the closest to the 540 year and it was NO with the number one ranked offense. Sark is a damn good OC but he’s also damn good at knocking some back. That’s his problem. 

1 minute ago, alphahorn said:

The big men for tosu and bama will be an interesting matchup.  these fuckers might just get it done.  can't wait to see what the line is.  i'm guessing bama -8

Yea I think your line is about right. I kind of wonder if it opens at 8 and gets knocked down to 7 quick. 

2 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Yea, nobody is a sure thing, but name a safer bet since Luck

My point was that I doubt Lawrence will be better than Mahomes. He's seen as a better prospect at this point, but it's unlikely he reaches that level given the shit situation he'll land in.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

1.) Have you seen the rest of the ACC? Who's stopping them from going 12-1/13-0 every year?

2.) Clemson has only recently begun to pull in the stupid loaded Bama/Ohio State type classes. They're probably still a little bit behind those two in terms of overall roster depth but are entrenching themselves as a perennial playoff program for the foreseeable future.

Just now, IDIOTsavant said:

My point was that I doubt Lawrence will be better than Mahomes. He's seen as a better prospect at this point, but it's unlikely he reaches that level given the shit situation he'll land in.

No shit. Someone being as good as Mahomes is impossible to predict.

1 minute ago, gmr548 said:

1.) Have you seen the rest of the ACC? Who's stopping them from going 12-1/13-0 every year?

2.) Clemson has only recently begun to pull in the stupid loaded Bama/Ohio State type classes. They're probably still a little bit behind those two in terms of overall roster depth but are entrenching themselves as a perennial playoff program for the foreseeable future.

Yeah I just checked. They have seven 2021 commits rated .9500 or higher on 247 - and the 5th ranked class in the country. Dabo is young and should still be hungry. They will keep rolling and be a fixture for the foreseeable future.

They might not hit on a Deshaun/Lawrence type turnaround again but they will be fine. 

5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Yeah I just checked. They have seven 2021 commits rated .9500 or higher on 247 - and the 5th ranked class in the country. Dabo is young and should still be hungry. They will keep rolling and be a fixture for the foreseeable future.

They might not hit on a Deshaun/Lawrence type turnaround again but they will be fine. 

Their backup QB is going to be good too

5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Mack still had highly rated classes as we slid into mediocrity. The product on the field doesn’t look great and none of their underclassmen are standing out

Just now, Spider2YBanana said:

Where do you see Lance falling? Late first or 2-3 rd?

I can see him anywhere from mid-first to early second. Lots of potential, but not much film and competition is even worse than Wilson's. Would make a nice draft and stash for a year or two for a good team like the Packers have done in the back of the first.

• Hook 'Em 1