2020 Transfer and Grad-Transfer Available Players

texifornia

7 hours ago, MuellerHorn said:

He's not transferring. He's "declaring" for the NFL.

Not to be rude, but I hope he got his degree at Michigan, because he's not making an NFL roster.

Lol he thinks he's making a roster.  How did he have the grades to get in anywhere?

18 hours ago, MuellerHorn said:

He's not transferring. He's "declaring" for the NFL.

Not to be rude, but I hope he got his degree at Michigan, because he's not making an NFL roster.

What? He put 7 really nice catches on tape at Texas. You'd have to be a FO full of fools, fools I tell you, to pass on this kid in the 3rd round.

6 hours ago, canadianhorn21 said:

6 hours ago, texifornia said:

Whoa, honestly surprised about that one. Guess he didn't see a place for him in the depth chart next season.

6 hours ago, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

Sooner fans think he's following Beamer to Scar

6 hours ago, golfclap said:

Wonder if that impacts Brenan Thompson’s commitment at OU? 

This will sting in 2022. OU didn't take at TE/HB in the 2021 cycle so they'll need to find some dudes for 2022 and/or hit the portal.

Stogner, Hall, Willis, and Henderson all return for next year so depth chart is an obvious negative for Conyers at OU. Him going to SCar would support playing time as the primary reason for leaving.

If he goes somewhere else, then it could be depth chart + any number of things, and then it may affect Thompson's interest in OU.

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

Also, Penn State's trying to rebuild

Are any of those guys difference makers right now or possessing significant upside?

I think the market will expand significantly in the next 2 weeks. From OU, you Haselwood, Swenson, Kendall Dennis, Wete, Hicks, Brey Walker, Radley-Hiles, Darrell Simpson, Robert Barnes could all portal.

I haven't heard about most of those being interested in leaving, but that is a sizable pool of well regarded high school talent who have one of the following qualities:

- spent a year or more on campus but have seen little time on the field.

- played but have been passed on the depth chart.

I imagine there are other players at other schools in similar situations. In addition, I bet the Ohio St, Alabama, etc will have players like Haselwood who've actually shown something but want a different setting for whatever reason. Plus there will be players at small schools who don't feel their draft grade is correct and want to move to a place that can showcase their talent.

Looking at OU's roster, they should look to take experienced RB, 1-2 experienced WR, high upside TE/FB, proven T, proven and/or upside DT (like everyone else), experienced S/NB.

I think game theory would predict benefit to waiting if you're a blue blood with a sold roster.

2 hours ago, quigley said:

Are any of those guys difference makers right now or possessing significant upside?

I think the market will expand significantly in the next 2 weeks. From OU, you Haselwood, Swenson, Kendall Dennis, Wete, Hicks, Brey Walker, Radley-Hiles, Darrell Simpson, Robert Barnes could all portal.

I haven't heard about most of those being interested in leaving, but that is a sizable pool of well regarded high school talent who have one of the following qualities:

- spent a year or more on campus but have seen little time on the field.

- played but have been passed on the depth chart.

I imagine there are other players at other schools in similar situations. In addition, I bet the Ohio St, Alabama, etc will have players like Haselwood who've actually shown something but want a different setting for whatever reason. Plus there will be players at small schools who don't feel their draft grade is correct and want to move to a place that can showcase their talent.

Looking at OU's roster, they should look to take experienced RB, 1-2 experienced WR, high upside TE/FB, proven T, proven and/or upside DT (like everyone else), experienced S/NB.

I think game theory would predict benefit to waiting if you're a blue blood with a sold roster.

Chandler Morris is leaving.  Hasn't Mordecai hit the road as well?  Who's left behind Rattler?

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Chandler Morris is leaving.  Hasn't Mordecai hit the road as well?  Who's left behind Rattler?

True freshman Caleb Williams.

As I said, you're likely to see a lot of turnover on several rosters, including OU, so teams that are picking up players now aren't really going to have a clear picture of who's available.

13 hours ago, quigley said:

True freshman Caleb Williams.

As I said, you're likely to see a lot of turnover on several rosters, including OU, so teams that are picking up players now aren't really going to have a clear picture of who's available.

I guess there’s a chance rattler leaves if he really balls out next year, but I’d be pretty concerned Williams will leave too if he doesn’t think he’ll be starting his second year.

Dont think this is gonna be an issue unique to OU either, these entitled high schoolers aren’t gonna sit for more than a year, especially as the ability to transfer and not sit gets more and more lax. Not to go all Texags, but losing Milroe for Wright might actually be a good thing for that reason alone (less so  after losing Ewers however).

Will be interesting to see what Card does if Casey wins the job next year with 3 to play.