Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

11 minutes ago, demos said:

Motorcyclists riding their bikes between traffic. Fuck off you selfish cunts, especially the one I honked at today that decided to get uppity and wanted to fight.

One blew by me and the truck next to me in rush hour yesterday.  He barely cleared my mirror.  Someones going to stick there arm out to flick their ashes one day and take his head and their arm off.

A bunch of road construction near my house on Richmond and Wesleyan.  Long overdue.  They’re redoing a bunch of Richmond and a bunch of Wesleyan.  So a lot of lanes are shut down.  

Dickheads that don’t understand how to drive in construction zones.  When a lane is shut down, you still fill the lane and zipper merge at the point where the lane goes to one lane.  You don’t fucking line up and use just one lane and wait in line.  You zipper merge.  And just because you don’t understand that you don’t fucking block people who do know how to drive from merging. That happens all the time.  I don’t give a fuck.  I’m zipper merging whether you like it or not.  I will get over.  I’ve got a 6 year old truck. Get mad all you want.  

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

When I’m at a fast food restaurant with a half a cup of undrunken coke, I hate depositing it into the trash can, knowing that eight hours later some poor sap has to empty the trash, getting coke all over themselves and creating a coke trail from the trash can to the dumpster out back. Drives me crazy.

I'm in Thailand; most fast food places here have a separate tub or bucket next to the trash can where you dump your drinks and ice before throwing the cup in the trash. Always thought that was a great idea. Some of them even have an actual sink right next to the trash so it all drains automatically.

2 hours ago, Sam Lin said:

I'm in Thailand; most fast food places here have a separate tub or bucket next to the trash can where you dump your drinks and ice before throwing the cup in the trash. Always thought that was a great idea. Some of them even have an actual sink right next to the trash so it all drains automatically.

In Norway the McDonalds even has a cup rack next to the trash so recycle the paper cups.  green2damax

4 hours ago, Sam Lin said:

I'll bet the recycled Coke is delicious.

Just now, Vic Mackey said:
14 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:
Bicyclists, and motorcyclists are the worst at abusing the road.

I don't get why cyclists think the road laws don't apply to them. I see them blow through stop signs constantly here around White Rock lake in Dallas. You'd think they would stop for their own safety.

This right here.  Arrogant, and I'm not gonna slide over so you can get by, and they do that shit in left hand lanes.

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:

You'd think they would stop for their own safety.

They typically act like their safety is your responsibility,  not theirs. I was on a pretty long causeway recently, and there was a cyclist literally one inch on the shoulder side of the shoulder stripe. He had five feet of shoulder to work with, but he insisted on hugging a lane where the 70 mph speed limit meant just one person making just one mistake could kill him. That is just plain asshole behavior. It's not just stupid, it's rude as fuck.

• Like 3

A bunch of road construction near my house on Richmond and Wesleyan.  Long overdue.  They’re redoing a bunch of Richmond and a bunch of Wesleyan.  So a lot of lanes are shut down.  
Dickheads that don’t understand how to drive in construction zones.  When a lane is shut down, you still fill the lane and zipper merge at the point where the lane goes to one lane.  You don’t fucking line up and use just one lane and wait in line.  You zipper merge.  And just because you don’t understand that you don’t fucking block people who do know how to drive from merging. That happens all the time.  I don’t give a fuck.  I’m zipper merging whether you like it or not.  I will get over.  I’ve got a 6 year old truck. Get mad all you want.  
Zipper merge has been proven time and time again the most efficient way to merge into single lanes. The people who go up to the front only look like assholes because for some reason everyone thinks the right way is to merge as far back as possible and get in a single file line. And to do everything they can to not let anyone over because those guys are assholes and no way can let anyone in front of them!!
Zipper merge keeps a steady flow going. Letting people in the flow of traffic in general in all circumstances would keep traffic flowing better. But people have this mentality that no one should ever cut in front of them. And now that person trying to get in has to stop to wait and every car behind him has to do the same.

Fucking dumbasses.
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, 52-80 said:

In Norway the McDonalds even has a cup rack next to the trash so recycle the paper cups.  green2damax

one of the nearby chickfilas had a separate foam cup recycling bin next to the trash bin.  it went about as well as you'd expect here stateside.

on a related note, there were a bunch of fluorescent tubes at the bottom of the recycling dumpster yesterday. 

people are stupid and lazy.

1 hour ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

If I were king there would be an annual test. If you fail you are turned into organic fertilizer. Grammar, spelling, basic math skills, basic geography, basic history, and basic science would all be on the test. Nothing tough.

i managed to spell fluorescent correctly on the first try.  i'm a little bit proud of that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

If I were king there would be an annual test. If you fail you are turned into organic fertilizer. Grammar, spelling, basic math skills, basic geography, basic history, and basic science would all be on the test. Nothing tough.

That's a short walk from Soylent Green.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 52-80 said:

If you’re eating an $8 Big Mac in Norway, you’re doing it wrong. There are plenty of overpriced things to eat there. Don’t be eating crappy McD’s, or Tex Burger, or Tex mex. if you have to eat cheaply (as much as you can), go for Deli de Luca. 

12 minutes ago, nnm said:

If you’re eating an $8 Big Mac in Norway, you’re doing it wrong. There are plenty of overpriced things to eat there. Don’t be eating crappy McD’s, or Tex Burger, or Tex mex. if you have to eat cheaply (as much as you can), go for Deli de Luca. 

I'm a sucker for their fries.  Just like I simply love Taco Bell products.  If TB was here, I'd patronize it weekly, price be damned. 

Deli de Luca is an entirely different menu of food, and there is an overall shortage of variety.  There's Mexican, Sushi, and then few a small handful of anything else. 

10 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

I'm a sucker for their fries.  Just like I simply love Taco Bell products.  If TB was here, I'd patronize it weekly, price be damned. 

Deli de Luca is an entirely different menu of food, and there is an overall shortage of variety.  There's Mexican, Sushi, and then few a small handful of anything else. 

People that didn’t have McDonald’s fries before 1990 have no idea what a good French fry, fried in animal fat, tastes like. http://revisionisthistory.com/episodes/19-mcdonalds-broke-my-heart

2 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

It could be televised. And Jeff Foxworthy could host!

4 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

There goes Vic Mackey’s friends and dating pool.  

On 7/21/2019 at 12:15 AM, WhatTheBuck said:

What chick moves through the grocery store faster than her husband?

I realize I'm like ten pages and six  months behind here, but the answer to this is: my wife.

Because I actually take the time to make sure I'm getting the right thing. She grabs whatever, and half the time it ends up being the wrong thing.

10 hours ago, elfenix said:

on a related note, there were a bunch of fluorescent tubes at the bottom of the recycling dumpster yesterday. 

If you take a huge taped bundle of old fluorescent tubes and throw them off the roof of a building, they explode into this cloud of whitish dust when they land. Allegedly. Don't breathe the dust. Allegedly.

• Like 1

back to the bbq and sauce thing... the way to argue it is this.. Good bbq doesn't need sauce. But some sauces are damn good. Salt Lick has mediocre bbq, but good sauce. I like their sauce. I'd put their sauce on better bbq that doesn't truly need it, but fuck it I like that sauce so why not. Maybe I'll have one bite with sauce, one without. It's like fucking a redhead and a Mexican chick in the same meal. 

That being said, your sauce better be good. Most suck. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sam Lin said:

If you take a huge taped bundle of old fluorescent tubes and throw them off the roof of a building, they explode into this cloud of whitish dust when they land. Allegedly. Don't breathe the dust. Allegedly.

I've done this with a plate glass window off of a parking garage. It was fun. It wasn't fun to clean up after me and my buddy realized we probably shouldn't leave all that glass sitting around. 

Now lets move on to cyclists. 

Motorcyclists that go between cars. Don't care. Honestly it probably helps traffic. They are statistically 30x more likely to die on the road than we are. I'm not making that up - look it up. If they wanna put their nuts on that table and it doesn't fuck up my day, go for it. 

Bicyclists. I hope they all crash into a vat of napalm and get lit on fire. Most selfish pieces of shit on the road. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I've done this with a plate glass window off of a parking garage. It was fun. It wasn't fun to clean up after me and my buddy realized we probably shouldn't leave all that glass sitting around. 

This was a regular occurrence from the basketball court at Dobie onto Whitis back in 2000/01 - pre 9/11. 

Edited by NorthLoop

1 hour ago, NorthLoop said:

back to the bbq and sauce thing... the way to argue it is this.. Good bbq doesn't need sauce. But some sauces are damn good. Salt Lick has mediocre bbq, but good sauce. I like their sauce. I'd put their sauce on better bbq that doesn't truly need it, but fuck it I like that sauce so why not. Maybe I'll have one bite with sauce, one without. It's like fucking a redhead and a Mexican chick in the same meal. 

what if she's a red headed mexican?

20 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

This. I don't normally put sauce on my brisket. But I love the next day pulled pork sandwich with bbq sauce and cole slaw. But it has to be really good BBQ sauce

Edited by Jameslaw121