Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

On 9/10/2019 at 8:46 PM, Stormandy said:

I used to be the one trying to bump draft the slow people to speed up. Now I just say screw it and slowly speed up and then cruise just below the speed limit. I enjoy getting people's pressure up. If it causes you to be late. Leave earlier the next itme. Also get off my lawn.

You are a certifiable piece of shit.  Just move the fuck out of the way.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MissingInAction said:

Anyone who refers to me as my dog's dad. That shit is just disturbing on many levels. 

Yep, I completely consider my dog as part of the family, but I ain't his dad. My son listens to me better than my dog (unless food is involved).

I get real ragey about people who abandon their pets cause they get too old, or it just isn't working out.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

I get real ragey about people who abandon their pets cause they get too old, or it just isn't working out.

Yeah, that's a non-trivial thing that makes me surly.  If you adopt a pet, it's yours for life.  That's why I can't bring myself to let the wife put down our 19 year old cat.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Yeah, that's a non-trivial thing that makes me surly.  If you adopt a pet, it's yours for life.  That's why I can't bring myself to let the wife put down our 19 year old cat.  

Yeah, even when you're making the right decision it still sucks big time.  The problem is so many people consider pet ownership something very trivial.

Maybe I'm just jaded or a curmudgeon, but I can't stand the "day of the week" announcements at the office.  And every office has at least one of these people.

Monday:  "Happy Monday!  Ugh, wish it were Friday."

Tuesday: "Hi there.  One day closer to Friday!"

Wednesday: "Happy hump day.  We're halfway there!"

Thursday: "We're almost there. One more day!"

Friday: "Happy Friday!  We made it, haha!"

I hear some variation of this routine every day, every week either to me or to someone 10 desks away by a woman who sounds like corporate accounts payable Nina from Office Space.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Tom said:

Maybe I'm just jaded or a curmudgeon, but I can't stand the "day of the week" announcements at the office.  And every office has at least one of these people.

I hear some variation of this routine every day, every week either to me or to someone 10 desks away by a woman who sounds like corporate accounts payable Nina from Office Space.

My wife (no pics) generally works Tuesday thru Monday, and she absolutely hates Fridays, just because of that shit from all the M-F admin turds. 

She usually gets her revenge on Mondays, though. She says it really pisses people off.   Plus the joy of sending lots of demanding emails over the weekend. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, After irth said:

My wife (no pics) generally works Tuesday thru Monday, and she absolutely hates Fridays, just because of that shit from all the M-F admin turds. 

She usually gets her revenge on Mondays, though. She says it really pisses people off.   Plus the joy of sending lots of demanding emails over the weekend. 

She works seven days a week? How is she getting revenge on Monday when she has to be back at work on Tuesday?

1 hour ago, El Diablo said:

Uber drivers who aren't listening to directions from their fare. Hey fuckstick, I can tell you don't know where we're going and neither does your electronic toy. Try listening to your passenger who does know. Whatever, glad I'm not in a hurry nor paying for the gas.

or drivers bad with directions or don't know major streets in their own city

58 minutes ago, Tom said:

Damn...what does she do and is her job hiring?  I'm a hard worker and feel I deserve a vacation every other week.

Requires a medical degree, a shitload of debt, and the ability to work 16 hour shifts when you’re on. 

Do the math. It ain’t no picnic.

But yes...she is hiring. 

Edited by After irth

6 hours ago, Tom said:

What about the people who announce that they're taking a couple of days off, so "Wednesday is my Friday! tee hee"

2 hours ago, After irth said:

Requires a medical degree, a shitload of debt, and the ability to work 16 hour shifts when you’re on. 

Do the math. It ain’t no picnic.

But yes...she is hiring. 

Shitload of debt?  Check!

Ability to work 16 hour shifts?  I can probably adapt.

Medical Degree?  Shit!  I'm out.

16 minutes ago, Tom said:

Shitload of debt?  Check!

Ability to work 16 hour shifts?  I can probably adapt.

Medical Degree?  Shit!  I'm out.

I know, right?  I like to cut people up and play with their insides as much as anyone, but...no one’s paying me to do that shit. 

The world today.....

• Like 1

Days like today make me surly.  When the day started I was a happy guy looking forward to going to Austin tomorrow to watch the Horns kick some Okie Lite ass.  The only damper on my day was a slight lingering cough with some chest congestion.

So I decide to make a doctor appointment to get something to treat my cough/congestion before the weekend.  I leave work early and stop by my clinic.  When I get inside the exam room the nurse takes my temp and then my blood pressure.  I look at the little machine and it says my BP is 185/107.  Now I'm no doctor, but even I know that's no good.  The nurse go and fetches the doctor.  He gives me the old examination, makes me lie on the exam table for about 30 minutes, and then takes my BP again.  No change.  Now he tells me he can't let me leave with my BP that high.  He finally decides to give me some pill and makes me lie on the exam table for another 30 minutes.  He takes my BP again and finally decides it has come down enough that I can most likely drive home without killing someone.  I leave the clinic and get to my car and FUCK, some ass wipe has broken out my rear window and snatched my briefcase.  My briefcase just happened to have $1,200 in cash and my passport in it.  FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK .

So now here I am sitting at home a broken man on the verge of a stroke who is not even going to watch the game tomorrow because the Horns will probably get their ass kicked.  Anyway, I need to spend the day getting my window replaced and filling out forms to report my passport stolen and get it replaced.

That's what makes me surly.

Anybody want four tickets to the game tomorrow?