Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

4 minutes ago, deadshank said:

Doinks that drive expensive sports cars (mainly Porsches) and insist on wearing driving gloves and driving shoes.  Really there, Andretti?  You’re just going out to get a gallon of milk.  Is the boyfriend that bought you that crap pressuring you to wear them?

Driving shoes in a stick car are nice any time.  Gloves  ?  WhyTF ??

5 minutes ago, deadshank said:

Doinks that drive expensive sports cars (mainly Porsches) and insist on wearing driving gloves and driving shoes.  Really there, Andretti?  You’re just going out to get a gallon of milk.  Is the boyfriend that bought you that crap pressuring you to wear them?

Fuck... now I am going to notice this bullshit.

Thanks for nothing.

On 9/3/2019 at 11:14 AM, Trey3216 said:

What about the people that wipe their ass in the bathroom and put the shitty toilet paper in a trashcan nearby??  

On 9/3/2019 at 11:25 AM, Prepuce of Doom said:

While obviously frustrating and disgusting, this is an issue of cultural assimilation for new folks coming from countries with less robust plumbing systems. 

I recommend instructional signs in Spanish with accompanying cartoon/stick figures (you know, the guy from all the warning signs who does shit like put his face under the lawnmower, licking downed power lines, etc.) for the illiterates. 

On 9/3/2019 at 11:38 AM, Trey3216 said:

Oh I'm aware where it comes from.  But there's nothing more vomit inducing than seeing a pile of shit paper in a bathroom in public.  Well, other than vomit itself.  

Sign idea is good.  Maybe I'll get started on some.  PM me that way I can file us an LLC and patents.  

I noticed this all the time when our company was under previous ownership.  Some genius in authority decided to remove the trash can to stop the problem.  Yep, you guessed right, then they started throwing the shit paper in the sink.(Gawdamned nastier).  So guess what they did next? Yes, believe it or not, they had the sink removed. So where to throw it now?  Of course!!!  The freakin' floor.

Fast forward to new ownership...puts up aforementioned bilingual signs with stick figures, problem immediately solved.

Edited by SHOOTER12

Driving shoes? I had to look that shit up.  Some people have too much time and money.  
The worst part is wearing driving shoes and gloves and it's a fucking AUTOMATIC.

9 hours ago, deadshank said:

Doinks that drive expensive sports cars (mainly Porsches) and insist on wearing driving gloves and driving shoes.

tl:dr I did this, but it wasn't an expensive car and I had reasons and I knew that I looked like a tool.

tl:r I wore a single driving glove on my right hand when driving my old Porsche 944T (no humblebrag, market value maybe $3k) in AZ summer for about 3 weeks while waiting for parts, because the shifter tunnel had no boot and no insulation and there was no shift knob, just bare metal shift lever. Without the glove my fingers would have been lacerated and burnt to stumps. The glove was destroyed by the end of the 3 weeks, had holes and wasn't very flexible any more. It started out blue and white, it ended black and grey. I threw it away. The car also had no AC. It was not a pleasant 3 weeks of driving.

All that said, I was well aware that I looked like a tool while I was doing it.

11 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Driving shoes are nice on Long drives. The rounded heel makes for more comfortable shifting, and giving it the gas when needed. 

you shift and mash extra on the gas a lot on long drives?

Oh you mean just getting across Houston to the Galleria...

On 9/2/2019 at 7:21 AM, Iceman said:

It's a long running joke/ debate on here and TOS.   Derka was insisting that rep and comments didn't matter, so I purposefully made the DIAF comment and I took the same vacation to prove that evidently rep and rep comments mattered.

Welcome to the team...

And your screen name was...?

• Fuck You 1

LOLz.  really?

You uptight motherfuckers are the problem around here.  Can't have a discussion.  Can't have different takes.

Everyone just wanna get butthurt.

Well fuck off then, you sanctimonious cunt...  and lick some green stamps while you're at it.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

So I need a copy of my birth certificate to upgrade my brand new NC  driver's license to "Real ID" (fucked up idea to begin with, but whatever), and the State of Texas website supposedly has an online order form for that.

Only, when I get there, it tells me I have accessed the page "incorrectly" and must restart my application. WTF? I just clicked a link, amigo. I didn't decide what the landing page was, you did, so put me in the right fucking screen.

I ended up downloading the pdf and submitting it by snail mail. What's an extra three months wait time between friends?

Edited by Walden Ponderer
Fucking autocorrect.
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

The admission of that severe character flaw indicator should get you crowd source banned.

he didn't have any flair on there...

You're right.  I should not have missed that reference.

Edited by Iceman

the inability of the vast majority, bordering on the entirety, of the LSU and Ohio State fanbases to understand what the basis is for calling Texas "DBU"

like I don't mind fans saying "NUH UH, WE'RE DBU NOT YOU" because that's normal shit talking but god fucking damnit if I have to hear another motherfucker say "DURRRR Joe Burrow threw for 471 yards DBU HURRRRRRR" I'm going to have to find that person and choke them out. 

Meeting organizer: "OK, I think that's it, that's everything on the agenda. Let's do a roundtable real quick. Schmucko, anything you want to bring up?"

Schmucko: "No."

Meeting organizer: "Dipshit, you got anything?"

Dipshit: "No."

Meeting organizer: "Assmaster, anything from you?"

Assmaster: "No."

Meeting organizer: "OK, then I think we're done here and we can wrap up.... um, one other thing I wanted to bring up...."

FUCK YOU YOUR MEETING IS OVER MOTHERFUCKER

• Like 1