Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

3 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

This is going to get personal soon. Very touchy subject, I wouldn't be surprised if we see a fight break out

mustard and shredded onion go on the burger while cooking after the flip, then a slice of cheese is applied and the top bun is put in place to steam a bit.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Oh yeah, that'll work.  I'd add caramelized onion, but we quibble.

oh i make sure some onions gets down into the sizzling beef fat so i get some quick caramelization.  i use the method from kenji lopez-alt as shown on the burger show (though, since i don't grind my own, it's not as loose as your mom like his is)

16 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Oh yeah, that'll work.  I'd add caramelized onion, but we quibble.

No thanks to caramelized onions.  Fresh chopped (within Pico ftw).  As for mayo on the meat.  I have had it and it does work but for me that would mean no cheese.  Mayo and cheese don't mix well at all. Mayo on bottom bun?  Next you will tell me peanut butter goes on top and jelly on bottom.   

Just now, RollLeft said:

No thanks to caramelized onions.  Fresh chopped (within Pico ftw).  As for mayo on the meat.  I have had it and it does work but for me that would mean no cheese.  Mayo and cheese don't mix well at all. Mayo on bottom bun?  Next you will tell me peanut butter goes on top and jelly on bottom.   

They both have their places, sometimes interchangeable, but on a burger caramelized, on a hot dog, fresh chopped.  

I'm strictly a (creamy) peanut butter man, but if you insist on mixing, it needs to be preserves, not jelly.

18 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Why would you waste the effort to vacuum seal it?  It’s going to get mixed up with the rest of the candy from the neighborhood.

I like vacuum sealing stuff.  And, if it wasn't vacuum sealed, the family would have finished it off before the end of November.

1 hour ago, RollLeft said:

I beg to differ....

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, markstanco said:

I hate road construction in general, but it is needed.  Today heading in to work, I see "Right lane closed ahead".  Traffic cones ease us in to the left lane, and over TWO MILES AWAY they were working on a bridge!  Why is this allowed by TXDOT? 

Cause some dumb ass would try to merge at the last second, and go airborne into the water ?

11 minutes ago, markstanco said:

I hate road construction in general, but it is needed.  Today heading in to work, I see "Right lane closed ahead".  Traffic cones ease us in to the left lane, and over TWO MILES AWAY they were working on a bridge!  Why is this allowed by TXDOT? 

At least that's better than when they forget to give you any warning at all and you come around a curve and the right lane is blocked 50 feet ahead.  That happened to me go home last Friday.

I hate when people complain about price gouging other fans for football games. Maybe its it's a small town North Dakota thing but it drives me up the wall when dumbfuck gives his .02 about ripping off fellow ndsu fans by making a profit for bigger games for the area.

No I don't care how you're more honorable because you're stupid enough to sell for face value when demand far outweighs the supply.

24 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I hate when people complain about price gouging other fans for football games. Maybe its it's a small town North Dakota thing but it drives me up the wall when dumbfuck gives his .02 about ripping off fellow ndsu fans by making a profit for bigger games for the area.

No I don't care how you're more honorable because you're stupid enough to sell for face value when demand far outweighs the supply.

And the guy that bought them for face value probably turned around and flipped them for a profit 

Not sure if trivial but pissed me right off... pick up a couple bs items at rei a month ago and bought the membership, partly Bc the clerk said “if you sign up today you get this $20 coupon that is valid next month”... take coupon back in to buy some shit tonight ‘sorry sir, since you didn’t buy $100 at the time you signed up it’s no good’

“why the hell did they give it to me in the first place?”

‘Sorry, it’s policy’

And that’s how you lose a customer (not a poor, but don’t like bait/switch bullshit)

• Like 1

How much over face does NDSU tickets go for on a big game? (Serious question)

8 hours ago, markstanco said:

How much over face does NDSU tickets go for on a big game? (Serious question)

I sold my 2 tickets to someone for $350 total, print value is $46 bucks. its for an inner state rivalry vs UND. so I pocketed roughly 260 bucks roughly. theyre endzone seats about halfway up. 

Its not a "big game" because NDSU should win comfortably, just the whole instate rivalry thing thats starting to be renewed after a 15 year hiatus. The other 5 NDSU games I wont get as much obviously. If Im lucky  maybe 75-100 bucks per ticket for some pud opponent like Missouri State. Homecoming might be a good money maker who knows. The stadium only holds 19K so theres some good demand out there from people who get shut out on single game ticks that are sold out in minutes when available to the public

The way so many amateur photographers watermark their photos with their name in giant douchey script that stands out more than the subject of their photos. And they tend to put it in a weird place as well, to make sure you can't not notice their douchey stupidass script watermark. Some of the photography is good. Let the pictures do the talking.

Massively over post-processed photos, goofy hipster filters, and abuse of HDR go in this same category.

Edited by DougO
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, DougO said:

The way so many amateur photographers watermark their photos with their name in giant douchey script that stands out more than the subject of their photos. And they tend to put it in a weird place as well, to make sure you can't not notice their douchey stupidass script watermark. Some of the photography is good. Let the pictures do the talking.

Massively over post-processed photos, goofy hipster filters, and abuse of HDR go in this same category.

I was watching a jared polin youtube vid and he was critiquing submitted photos and it was shocking how many had these watermarks you describe. turrble. he made it a point to mock them.

29 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

T-shirts with pocket print and no pocket. I mean, nobody wears tshirts with pockets anymore so why do that stupid print? Most of my shirts from high school and early college years have that stupid goddamn print. Why?!

Pocket or no pocket I like the small front logo thank you very much.  I prefer small logos on the front, and the big image to be on the back.

3 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

Would you prefer it centered? I just can't stand the logo being on the side like that.

Yeah I get it.  I like the small pocket location logo (even without a pocket, but do prefer pocket T's), but it's not a deal breaker. I definitely don't like big in your face logos on the front of a T.

I think I've got close to 250 T's I've collected over the years.  If I really like a shirt design I'll get 2.  I dig advertising art.

Edited by Onboard 2.0

1 hour ago, HRSchenker said:

T-shirts with pocket print and no pocket. I mean, nobody wears tshirts with pockets anymore so why do that stupid print? Most of my shirts from high school and early college years have that stupid goddamn print. Why?!

49 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Pocket or no pocket I like the small front logo thank you very much.  I prefer small logos on the front, and the big image to be on the back.

I like the simple small logo/print on pocket side(not a fan of pocket Tees) but hate the gaudy, god awful shit some shirts will have on the back.  A couple of my favorite Tees was a Longhorn logo and a K (UK) logo, plain and simple. 

Just now, Underdog said:

I like the simple small logo/print on pocket side(not a fan of pocket Tees) but hate the gaudy, god awful shit some shirts will have on the back.  A couple of my favorite Tees was a Longhorn logo and a K (UK) logo, plain and simple. 

Clean design is always preferred. The shit that looks like somebody threw up a busy ass logo on your shirt always turns me off, especially if it's on the front.

• Like 1