Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

15 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

Wait til you get close to 40.  You wake up 3 minutes before your alarm goes off and can’t go back to sleep.  

You turn your your alarm off and you wake up at the same time regardless.  

Today I learned that I'm 40. This describes me perfectly. I have to wake up at 6am every morning for work so Saturday and Sunday it's nearly impossible for me to be in bed past 7am. I don't know how you guys can sleep all the way to noon on weekends.

On 8/5/2019 at 11:36 AM, Vic Mackey said:
On 8/3/2019 at 6:00 AM, Jack Straw said:
Does it bother you because you are still sleeping? Or just because you want some quiet to start off your weekend?  Because the grown ups are all up by 7 AM. 

Who the fuck wakes up at 7am on a weekend unless you have to?

People with kids. Suckers! Ha.

25 minutes ago, Steel Shank said:

When applying Louisiana Hot Sauce (or Tabasco) to food in a circular fashion and 99% of the sauce ends up in a half inch square area.

Clean your lids/pour spouts, and learn out to shake the shit exactly where you want it to go 

18 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I frequent the realtor sites often just to check out houses out of boredom. makes me very surly to see how some people in nice homes have a 32" tv or perhaps smaller as their main living room TV.  especially if its wall mounted on a big wall.

spacer.png

• Like 5

Fucking light bulb shopping.  I have this OCD thing about having the right bulbs so when I find the types/brand I like I buy them and replace the lighting in the house so it all matches in quality/brightness etc.  So when a bulb goes out, and my supply is empty I go to the place I got the bulbs and oh they don't carry that anymore.  So I have to start over and buy more cause the soft white light is different than the ones I have already installed.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I frequent the realtor sites often just to check out houses out of boredom. makes me very surly to see how some people in nice homes have a 32" tv or perhaps smaller as their main living room TV.  especially if its wall mounted on a big wall.

Promotes family closeness! 

spacer.png

• Like 1

Today is August 9th. It's 100 degrees and sunny for the fourth day in a row out of what will end up being 8-10 by the time we catch a break. It's summer. Pennant races and pools and the lake. So SHUT THE FUCKING FUCK UP ABOUT HALLOWEEN, two months from now it will STILL BE THREE WEEKS AWAY. No one needs to be thinking or talking about or shopping for fucking Halloween on August fucking 9th.

Halloween is a holiday for kids and idiots. 

• Like 4

On 8/8/2019 at 8:03 AM, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Maybe they just don’t feel the need to overcompensate. What’s on your wall?

On 8/7/2019 at 8:45 AM, burntorangebongos said:

Longtime posters with no avatars. @Chooky, for fucksake set up an avatar already, dude! A big letter C is too generic and it makes me read posts from other assholes with a C that I don't want to read!

suck my dick GIF

Even though I’m an A, I can take a hint, so I fixed mine in your honor. Thanks!

2 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

Today is August 9th. It's 100 degrees and sunny for the fourth day in a row out of what will end up being 8-10 by the time we catch a break. It's summer. Pennant races and pools and the lake. So SHUT THE FUCKING FUCK UP ABOUT HALLOWEEN, two months from now it will STILL BE THREE WEEKS AWAY. No one needs to be thinking or talking about or shopping for fucking Halloween on August fucking 9th.

Halloween is a holiday for kids and idiots. 

People who call Halloween a holiday.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There are many; here's one of them.

I should be able to go to any hamburger joint in this country, order a burger "all the way," and get the same thing---a burger with lettuce, tomato, pickles and onions.  In my most ideal fantasy, that also would include ketchup, mustard, and mayo, but I'm willing to overlook condiment additions at this point.  I don't know why some places have decided to be cute and have burgers only come standard with lettuce and tomato as fixxinths. 

On the condiment side, as much as I enjoy a good Whataburger, its mustard-first menu invariably leads to confusion and my having to repeat myself when using the drive through.  If I say #1, shredded cheese, all the way, add ketchup and mayo, the person on the other end of the tin can invariably asks me if I still want mustard.    

But one thing at a time. 

android always defaults to downloading system updates via wifi.  it won't download them over cellular unless i manually tell it to do so each and every time.  my apps all update over cellular automatically.  how hard could it be to use that same permission flag to download system updates? 

1 hour ago, elfenix said:

android always defaults to downloading system updates via wifi.  it won't download them over cellular unless i manually tell it to do so each and every time.  my apps all update over cellular automatically.  how hard could it be to use that same permission flag to download system updates? 

Nice humblebrag on your enormous data plan. 

5 hours ago, dcbc said:

There are many; here's one of them.

I should be able to go to any hamburger joint in this country, order a burger "all the way," and get the same thing---a burger with lettuce, tomato, pickles and onions.  In my most ideal fantasy, that also would include ketchup, mustard, and mayo, but I'm willing to overlook condiment additions at this point.  I don't know why some places have decided to be cute and have burgers only come standard with lettuce and tomato as fixxinths. 

On the condiment side, as much as I enjoy a good Whataburger, its mustard-first menu invariably leads to confusion and my having to repeat myself when using the drive through.  If I say #1, shredded cheese, all the way, add ketchup and mayo, the person on the other end of the tin can invariably asks me if I still want mustard.    

But one thing at a time. 

That’s because most people are either “mayo” people or “mustard” people. Very few people swing both ways with such casual ease as you. 

Very sophisticated of you, I must say. 

Edited by After irth
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, After irth said:

That’s because most people are either “mayo” people or “mustard” people. Very few people swing both ways with such casual ease as you. 

Like I said, condiments are my second level battle.  More worried about the veggies.  As for Whataburger, I came to this resolution on a day that despite my having to explain it, it was the fastest I've ever been through the drive thru, and they got everything absolutely perfect. 

• Like 1

On 8/9/2019 at 7:05 PM, After irth said:

Mayo, mustard, AND ketchup? I think that’s one sign for identifying a serial killer.

• Like 1

If i put mayo on my burger its always top bun and the slices of tomato and a leaf of lettuce and all other veggies must separate and shield it from the cheese/meat.  Mayo touching my cheese sucks.  Mustard and all other condiments are on the bottom bun.   Any other method of prep makes me surly.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

If i put mayo on my burger its always top bun and the slices of tomato and a leaf of lettuce and all other veggies must separate and shield it from the cheese/meat.  Mayo touching my cheese sucks.  Mustard and all other condiments are on the bottom bun.   Any other method of prep makes me surly.

If you're going to put mayo on your burger it should touch the meat.  The flavors of the mayo and grilled meat mix well.

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Like 1