CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

I don't recall him ever posting shit about ivermectin one way or the other. That was triple's game so not sure why you brought it into the discussion. Maybe there is a reason other than confusion that you can share?

I've specifically pointed out times when he has misinterpreted or posted bad data regarding vax in the DT thread. And in those exchanges he acknowledged the error. 

If you think that someone is posting anti-vax shit, quote it and refute it with data. This really isn't that hard. 

But that is not the real issue.  The real issue is that there are a bunch of people unequipped for such discussions that think everything on the topic is very black and white. 

Fuck off. The dude for months constantly posted anti vax shit all over the CR and DT thread. The fact that you are now for some reason trying to whitewash it by claiming “he acknowledged his errors” is fucking ridiculous. 

2 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Fuck off. The dude for months constantly posted anti vax shit all over the CR and DT thread. The fact that you are now for some reason trying to whitewash it by claiming “he acknowledged his errors” is fucking ridiculous. 

3 hours ago, Anastasis said:

The real issue is that there are a bunch of people unequipped for such discussions that think everything on the topic is very black and white.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 2/4/2022 at 7:04 PM, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

I remember doing back of the envelope guesstimation in March 2020, long before we had a vax, and saying we might lose 2 million people from this.  We get a vaccine and we still might get there because of how poor adoption rates have been. 

Hasn't around 70% of the population been vaccinated? I wonder what the % of unvaxxed + no antibodies is. 

18 hours ago, Anastasis said:

I don't recall him ever posting shit about ivermectin one way or the other. That was triple's game so not sure why you brought it into the discussion. 

I think you are confused here.  Pretty sure triple had already disappeared before ivermectin was a thing.  Wasn't he a hcq guy?

• Like 1

Well, our immediate family's clean streak just got broken.  The boy just popped positive -- he's in Berlin, but he was in Bologna with his best friend, and surely picked it up there.  Almost all of his friends have had it, and as we've talked about, it's just a game of dodge ball at this point -- we may be the last ones standing, but we'll get picked off eventually.  He says he feels fine -- he just had some sniffles, and said he felt "off" when he got back to Germany (thought maybe he was tired from the travel, but still felt "off," so took a test, and turned up positive).  He knows how to take care of his symptoms, and he has some good friends in his building who will check on him.  I suggested that he have one of them swing by the pharmacy and grab some zinc lozenges to drop outside his door, but otherwise.....just take it easy and keep us posted.

• Hook 'Em 3

13 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Well, our immediate family's clean streak just got broken.  The boy just popped positive -- he's in Berlin, but he was in Bologna with his best friend, and surely picked it up there.  Almost all of his friends have had it, and as we've talked about, it's just a game of dodge ball at this point -- we may be the last ones standing, but we'll get picked off eventually.  He says he feels fine -- he just had some sniffles, and said he felt "off" when he got back to Germany (thought maybe he was tired from the travel, but still felt "off," so took a test, and turned up positive).  He knows how to take care of his symptoms, and he has some good friends in his building who will check on him.  I suggested that he have one of them swing by the pharmacy and grab some zinc lozenges to drop outside his door, but otherwise.....just take it easy and keep us posted.

Oh, and as a follow up -- he's fully vaxxed and boosted (although is booster is old, before they were standard - he got it in late August, before he headed overseas, because we wanted him to get it done here, where we knew he could get a shot).  So, hoping they do their job and make it a mild bout.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Oh, and as a follow up -- he's fully vaxxed and boosted (although is booster is old, before they were standard - he got it in late August, before he headed overseas, because we wanted him to get it done here, where we knew he could get a shot).  So, hoping they do their job and make it a mild bout.

So he is going to be fine, overall.  I know it is still worrying as he is your son.  But he will be fine.  Hang in there and best wishes for the speediest of recoveries.  

7 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

So he is going to be fine, overall.  I know it is still worrying as he is your son.  But he will be fine.  Hang in there and best wishes for the speediest of recoveries.  

Yeah, the odds are quite in his favor.  Still, this is our kid who had a turbofucked experience with complicated mono, so we worry a bit.  But, as we said, he has good friends in the same building who can keep tabs on him, and if things take a turn, we do have dear friends in Germany who can be in Berlin in pretty short order.  But he's got all the shots, and he's in pretty damned good health and shape these days, so he should be ok.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Well, our immediate family's clean streak just got broken. 

Welcome, brother.  It ripped thru my entire family over the last 12 days or so.  The little ones were only down for about 2 days, then unaffected.  Wife and I got knocked down pretty hard, but am on the way back.  Not to be overlooked, if you are a food lover (me) is the depression that comes along with not being able to taste or smell anything. On top of work mounting due to the “fog”.  I realized it added a nice little added depression/anger to the whole ordeal.  Hope Brisket Jr is done with it ASAP. 

Just now, fattyflattie said:

Welcome, brother.  It ripped thru my entire family over the last 12 days or so.  The little ones were only down for about 2 days, then unaffected.  Wife and I got knocked down pretty hard, but am on the way back.  Not to be overlooked, if you are a food lover (me) is the depression that comes along with not being able to taste or smell anything. On top of work mounting due to the “fog”.  I realized it added a nice little added depression/anger to the whole ordeal.  Hope Brisket Jr is done with it ASAP. 

Well, if he was infected a few days ago (and odds are that he was), it didn't kill his sense of taste, because he won't stop going on about how incredible the food in Bologna was.  It's good to be best friends with an italian, I guess.

• Haha 1

I did not have Canadian Arsonist on my bingo card, but I did accidentally burn a microwave once heating up Tim Horton’s for three hours, instead of three minutes.  

19 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Your friends tried to murder a lot of people last night:

If true that’s terrible.

You have to wonder why they would choose to start a deadly fire by lighting firestarter Bricks and setting them in the middle of Floor though. Especially when there’s huge cans of gas all over downtown to keep protestors warm. Splash some gas on the clearly wood paneled walls. Peculiar. 

• Fuck You 1

19 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

PNG image.png

I’ll just add don’t criticize black politicians for anything in February to my list of rules.  

Once again the Sack is a talking about black people again. His favorite subject in fact. 

Edited by JimmyJames

15 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Wow.  I mean, I look at a situation where a building gets cemented shut before a fire is lit and I go "Wow that's fucked up, the people who did that should pay."  When I look at a situation where a building gets the doors taped shut before a fire is lit, I go "Wow that's fucked up, the people who did that should pay."  I guess it's different when you are full on wearing the pom poms for your team, because then you can abdicate the responsibility of atrocities happening by claiming "well they did it first."  Who gives a fuck who did it first, no one should be doing that. At all.  Ever.  Fuck off with this cheerleading, unless you truly are as depraved as that post made you seem.

narrator: he is

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Oh, 

Well, he "admitted" it.  certainly no reason to lie...

@wildcat09

Now do PDX and SEA protests.  

You know where your comrades cemented buildings shut before lighting them on fire.

I can't find anything about anything like that happening in Portland. I did find some stories about an attempt to burn down a police precinct in Seattle and the police claimed protesters sealed a door with cement, but as far as I can gather that was never corroborated. And no, I don't trust a thing the police have to say about it.

3 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I can't find anything about anything like that happening in Portland. I did find some stories about an attempt to burn down a police precinct in Seattle and the police claimed protesters sealed a door with cement, but as far as I can gather that was never corroborated. And no, I don't trust a thing the police have to say about it.

It never happened.  It's just more BS meant to fan the flames (so to speak).

8 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Cemented in SEA

Barricaded in PDX.

Potato/Leftist Shitbag.

24 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Cemented in SEA

Barricaded in PDX.

Potato/Leftist Shitbag.

I already said that I won't believe the cement story absent corroboration from a non-police source. As for the barricade, that was bad and the people responsible should be punished. There's also a decent chance it was boog assholes taking advantage of a chaotic situation, since we know they've done it before.

3 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I already said that I won't believe the cement story absent corroboration from a non-police source. As for the barricade, that was bad and the people responsible should be punished. There's also a decent chance it was boog assholes taking advantage of a chaotic situation, since we know they've done it before.

Translation:

Not Listening Season 5 GIF by Friends

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, DaysOff said:

I learned how cement works today. I guess.

You see my dear, all concrete is cement but not all cement is necessarily concrete.  /Newman 

Oh, 

Well, he "admitted" it.  certainly no reason to lie...

[mention=291]wildcat09[/mention]
Now do PDX and SEA protests.  
You know where your comrades cemented buildings shut before lighting them on fire.

Sounds like legitimate political discourse to me amirite
  • Hook 'Em 1