Texas @ Texas A&M

Horny Bull

1 minute ago, Gut Wagon said:

All things considered - and the main thing to consider being that we started a kid who wasn’t anywhere near ready to pitch - maybe we didn’t do all that badly. 

Yeah it could easily have been humiliating if some other pitchers hadn't stood tall.  They're pretty much all capable of explosive diarrhea all over themselves.

43 minutes ago, TexasBeta said:

I’d kill for Gus or Augie. I don’t think Pierce is the guy. I hate the aggys so much. I don’t know why I do this to myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not a Texas board unless after every loss there's someone questioning the hire of every coach. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Tailleur17 said:

To be fair, we have made some horrible coaching hires lately.

It  gets old. We're 1.5 seasons into Pierce's tenure and there's already people with "I don't think David Pierce is the guy". Not every win and loss is a referendum on the coach especially when said coach is not even 2 years on the job and is coming off a regional appearance/top 20 RPI in year 1. 

Edited by texasstrong12

Actually losing by 1 to a Texas program on the road in a mid week game after spotting them 4 isn’t that bad of a loss.  

We should play them 3x a year on Tuesdays and rotate like we used to with Rice. 

The game was highly entertaining and very competitive.  It’s not like football, dropping one isn’t a big thing.  But with only one game between us it seems huge.

i’d rather play the ags 3x on Tuesdays than McNeese State etc 

Guest baseball
5 hours ago, Guest baseball said:

So if we lose today, do we start the Fire David Pierce thread?

Congrats, the baseball board actually has self-restraint.

These midweek games are kind of fun but not really great baseball. Just flip a coin when you throw that many back end bullpen arms. 

I would much rather us play a 3 game series with A&M. 

But generally speaking, these A&M midweek games on the road aren't bad for the resume. A loss doesn't really hurt you and a win helps the resume. Same with the Arkansas midweek games. My only complaint about the midweek scheduling is when we schedule 2 scrubs in non-conference during 1 week. You're playing with fire scheduling like that. 

Alright, not trying to call people out, and I'm not bc I think your concerns are well warranted, but it's definitely too early to think Pierce may not be the guy.  Was he our first choice.  Lol, no.  He wasn't even our second, third, fourth... you get the idea.  But the guy to a degree has resurrected the program from it's state a few years ago.  And no, it's not where we want the program or where it deserves to be, but I can assure you Pierce is not a soft guy.  That's more of the basketball coaches MO in my honest opinion.

This was aggy's superbowl, it is every year.  And they barely held on to a victory that we spotted them 4 runs.  Not to mention, they chanted their conference's name despite the fact that they've only one it once in the regular season in any of the big 3 sports (it was a basketball co-championship thanks to a bullshit tech call in Collie Station against a UK player), and they haven't really been close in any other year.  Not to mention they currently have a losing record in that conference.  Think about that.

I know we have high demands, and rightfully so: it's the most successful baseball program by a mile in the sport all-time.  But it's gonna take a minute.  Especially when the team has 21 new players this year.  I can assure you, Augie's first 2-3 seasons were not ones to be remembered.  Texas will be fine.  Or they won't, and they'll move on in another couple of years or so.  But I can only hope, now with a competent AD, they won't give him some enormous extension for minimal success like they did for Shaka.

16 minutes ago, troph said:

Actually losing by 1 to a Texas program on the road in a mid week game after spotting them 4 isn’t that bad of a loss.  

We should play them 3x a year on Tuesdays and rotate like we used to with Rice. 

The game was highly entertaining and very competitive.  It’s not like football, dropping one isn’t a big thing.  But with only one game between us it seems huge.

i’d rather play the ags 3x on Tuesdays than McNeese State etc 

I do agree with essentially all of this, but watching the game tonight reminded me how glad I am that they're someone else's problem now.  Their fans somehow became even more obnoxious after they joined the new conference, and they are truly unbearable people to be around.  And the entitlement of their baseball fans despite the fact that they haven't won a game in Omaha since I was less than 1 year old makes them almost worse than their football fans.  Almost.

Actually, no fuck that. Their baseball fans are worse. They have by far the most cultish behavior

• Like 1

A&M baseball fans are 100X worse than the football fans because at least the football fans have some perspective. 

The baseball fans legit think A&M is a powerhouse in baseball with 2 college world series wins in their entire history. 

I've had several A&M fans try to tell me their baseball program and history is better than Texas. This wasn't a joke or sarcasm. They were dead serious. The crazy thing is they've had more success in football than baseball. 

Edited by texasstrong12

38 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

A&M baseball fans are 100X worse than the football fans because at least the football fans have some perspective. 

The baseball fans legit think A&M is a powerhouse in baseball with 2 college world series wins in their entire history. 

I've had several A&M fans try to tell me their baseball program and history is better than Texas. This wasn't a joke or sarcasm. They were dead serious. The crazy thing is they've had more success in football than baseball. 

And what's also funny is that of how lopsided the three sports are, baseball by far is the most.  Or at least, whenever in the past when it mattered, aggy was never able to get over the hump.  Lost every series from 2004-2011, some of which decided the Big 12

2 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well fuck.  I don't really gaf if we play these assholes in anything ever again.

No reason to be afraid the baseball count is still like 235-136 I saw we keep beating their ass overall in everything, it makes for a great rivalry admit it or not..   And we are way up

3 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

It  gets old. We're 1.5 seasons into Pierce's tenure and there's already people with "I don't think David Pierce is the guy". Not every win and loss is a referendum on the coach especially when said coach is not even 2 years on the job and is coming off a regional appearance/top 20 RPI in year 1. 

Fucking seriously. We lost one good arm to the draft and another to tommy John surgery before the season started. Oh well. We've been improving over the last few weeks. Gotta take 2 of 3 from the land thieves this weekend. A sweep would be even nicer

• Like 2