Surly #Stonks

Wally Fairway

6 hours ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

I sold half. If it goes up, no big deal, I still profited 20%. If it goes back down, I can repurchase my shares. I’m tired of riding up and back down without realizing some gains.

Yup, I'd sold some when it popped up, can't go broke taking profits. And then I bought more when it dipped under $0,80. Hoping it turns into a double, or better 

I'm not looking for a ride to the moon, but I love taking multiple sub-orbital journeys

Edited by Wally Fairway
Spelling
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 5/28/2021 at 12:07 PM, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Shoulda taken the money, Toombs.

image.gif.dd7321c0de5bb7df4260f1d119de9972.gif

On 5/28/2021 at 12:11 PM, DonkeyCigars said:

It will bounce back. AMC to $50

On 5/28/2021 at 12:13 PM, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Like when GME went to $1,000? I understand, now.

AMC over $40 again; cashed out 350% profit on options and $AMC from the low teens. Galaxy Brain investor over here.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Blotto said:

refresh my memory. those are all stocks Melvin is supposedly short? 

I think the top few were - I really don't remember how or when some of those were added.
It is likely that it is a list I stole from somewhere in Reddit, and made a tracker in MW

Just now, Wally Fairway said:

I think the top few were - I really don't remember how or when some of those were added.
It is likely that it is a list I stole from somewhere in Reddit, and made a tracker in MW

Gotcha. I maintain a modest collection of super cheap OTM SPY puts that would benefit from a  quick market scare. Most expire Friday but I just bought a couple of hundred bucks worth of 419 SPY puts that expire today for .14 and sold off half already for .28 bout 10 minutes later. Last time we went through this with gme and friends , there was a nice SPY drop (temporary of course, stonks only go up) . Free riding today, still under water on my Friday puts.  

• Hook 'Em 1

LOL, had bought small amounts of BB, BBBY, AMC back when it was cool.  Last few months, barely looked at them...  Of course it's not much and I'm greedy so HODL MF's!

Added bonus, the dumbass AHT position I hold keeps going off too.  I gotta admit this is a blast...

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Bone3421 said:

I'm just spitballing here, but I think someone got liquidated...only way I can figure all the "meme" stocks would shoot up together

Someone is covering shorts for sure

It's way too much volume on AMC.  There's no big short cover this time around...  It's just everyone and their mom piling into the same damn trade.  

15 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

It's way too much volume on AMC.  There's no big short cover this time around...  It's just everyone and their mom piling into the same damn trade.  

the premiums on selling AMC options right now are nuts. Here's the January '22 chain.

image.png.b19ac3b62d0601866dbcf472a43d6b90.png

Edited by Blotto
random image
  • Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

LOL, had bought small amounts of BB, BBBY, AMC back when it was cool. 

Ha, same here. I was late to the party but said fuck it and bought some AMC at $13 in late January. Now I have no clue at what point to go ahead and cash out on them. This isn't really my thing, before now my market investments have just been periodic ETF buys that are more long term plays. 

Of course the reddit subs say you're a paper hands idiot if you sell your AMC at anything less than 500K but it's tough to take investment advice from people that communicate mainly in memes. 

I think someone covered, only thing that makes since...hell even BB had 300+ million volume, that can't all be just retail jumping in

Only thing I want to know is if was a forced liquidation or if someone just caved first

22 minutes ago, Blotto said:

the premiums on selling AMC options right now are nuts. Here's the January '22 chain.

image.png.b19ac3b62d0601866dbcf472a43d6b90.png

Wow, absurd seeing that...

14 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Ha, same here. I was late to the party but said fuck it and bought some AMC at $13 in late January. Now I have no clue at what point to go ahead and cash out on them. This isn't really my thing, before now my market investments have just been periodic ETF buys that are more long term plays. 

Of course the reddit subs say you're a paper hands idiot if you sell your AMC at anything less than 500K but it's tough to take investment advice from people that communicate mainly in memes. 

Point...

2 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

I’ll probably close out of AMC tomorrow or Friday and dump it all into GME before the shareholders meeting

B61B7D4E-D9D2-4D33-A817-41F7AD9224EF.jpeg

Counterpoint!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:

So amc 750+ mil volume
Bb 340mil volume
Bbby 109mil volume.....

Yeah someone covered...

Gme 15mil volume...emoji848.png, Wonder why they didn't cover shorts on this one

If somebody had that large a short position we would most definitely be hearing about it.  No way in hell that wouldn’t be out.  

Edited by ChiTownDoc

If somebody had that large a short position we would most definitely be hearing about it.  No way in hell that wouldn’t be out.  
Yeah but like I said it's only thing I think that links up...and we know those were all "meme" stocks

Guess we'll find out soon.
  • Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:

In non-meme news what do the smarter people here think about the fed announcement that they are winding down corporate bond holdings....

Bullish or bearish?

giphy.gif

Am smart enough to know the Fed isn't going to do anything to fuck up this market.  Tendies for everyone.

Edited by Harrison Stafford
  • Like 1

Could be my own confirmation bias, but with Amazon coming out about their drug tests today regarding marijuana and their already existing big ass fleet of delivery vehicles it looks like they could be making a play with legalization/delivery services/ or possibly warehouse.

Edited by StassneyHorn

Just now, KeysPhoneWallet said:

I bought a put on amc at market close. This run up too much to believe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That is a high risk move right now but I agree.  I closed out a small AMC bet today, made 600 percent so no complaints.  I think it will go back to the fifteen dollar range but it was a steal at five to seven bucks where it hovered for a while.

They've shorted the entire float 3-4 times over at the very least. They created 3 billion synthetic shares back when it was at $6 hoping to drive it to bankruptcy and be done. It didn't work and we have them by the balls now. Be very careful with puts and shorting, the technicals point towards the biggest short squeeze in history. Not financial advice.

• Hook 'Em 3