Dallas Cowboys 2018 offseason thread

DougO

13 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

welp, i'll say the workout thing is not proof of blindsiding.... you never quit your current job until the next one has ink on paper.  and no ink on paper is not proof of unplanned ignorance by the joneses.

occam's razor.  simplest explanation holds.  everyone concerned knew, but it wasn't done until it was done.

Jason Witten last week: "There's been a lot of things [said] over the years, especially the last few months. I guess that's what happens when you get old. Hopefully I can play until I'm 40. I'll take it one day at a time. My plan is to be here with the Cowboys. Absolutely."

And yes I know people say things to hide intent, but that was a pretty sincere statement

2 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Gutted man. Whitten was everything a cowboy should be. No one deserved a ring more than Him.  A true class act and hall of famer. Automatic in the clutch 

Whitten once hit 4 homers in a game for the Cardinals.   

Witten ten is a legend 

45 minutes ago, txbroadcaster said:

Jason Witten last week: "There's been a lot of things [said] over the years, especially the last few months. I guess that's what happens when you get old. Hopefully I can play until I'm 40. I'll take it one day at a time. My plan is to be here with the Cowboys. Absolutely."

And yes I know people say things to hide intent, but that was a pretty sincere statement

One day at a time. Means he was making no promises, and yesterday may have been the day it changed for him. 

2 hours ago, Amobie said:

Completely coincidental i'm sure.

Witten knew he was done.  Glad he is walking away on good terms.

kind of blows away your theory huh?

mike fisher ✭Verified account @fishsports
FollowFollow @fishsports
More

I can report that starting at 11:35 this am, the #Cowboys scouting department began an intense-relook at the TEs in this #NFLDraftNFLDraft18.png ... #TheyDidn'tKnow

17 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

FollowFollow @fishsports
More

I can report that starting at 11:35 this am, the #Cowboys scouting department began an intense-relook at the TEs in this #NFLDraftNFLDraft18.png ... #TheyDidn'tKnow

Orange you saying we could've had the Garnet Thor?

3 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

I don't care if Witten retired an hour before the regular season opener.  He is one of the best to ever play for this franchise, one of the best TEs ever, and a rock-solid human being.  

That dude has earned "no issue" regardless of how he decides to go out.

Especially when he stuck around about five years longer than he should have when the Cowboys failed time after time to find his successor. Witten can do whatever the feck he wants and owes nobody jack squat.

2 hours ago, Mileslong said:

FollowFollow @fishsports
More

If they weren't already looking for TEs then they're even more hopelessly retarded than even I thought. They will deny it.

If they didn’t know about Witten before today than it’s not exactly retarded. BTW I’m sure they put work in on TEs before the draft.

Just because they’re taking another look at them doesn’t mean they’re retarded. This is kind of a unique situation. 

22 minutes ago, Drew said:

If they didn’t know about Witten before today than it’s not exactly retarded. BTW I’m sure they put work in on TEs before the draft.

Just because they’re taking another look at them doesn’t mean they’re retarded. This is kind of a unique situation. 

Are you the same drew from that other site?