Dallas Cowboys 2018 offseason thread

DougO

2 hours ago, Rabidhorn said:

Is it to much to ask for the Cowboys to trade for Mack and Earl Thomas?

You want them to trade a ton of high draft picks for 2 guys who will have to be paid massive contracts next season when they've already paid their offensive line all the money? And will have to decide who to pay big money between Dak, Tank, Jaylon, Byron Jones, etc in the next two years? 

Doesn't seem smart. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

Dumbfucks finally moved him to his true position at corner. He's being coached up by Richard and through camp has looked like a good corner. If he balls out this year he'll command at least 6 to 8 a year in the market. 

You pretty much described Byron since his combine. He's good in a controlled environment. He is what you call a combine warrior. But in the actual gameplay where it isn't a controlled, safe environment, he isn't that good. 

Welp this is Dallas' excuse now to cut Rico. They never cared for him much anyways. Dumb as hell to still be arrested for weed in 2018 but he knows the laws and rules. Doesn't seem too smart. Especially in backwards, hillbilly Colin County. They don't fuck around up there.

But I still believe another team who knows how to utilize athletic TEs will find a way to get something out of him. The potential is there.

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

Welp this is Dallas' excuse now to cut Rico. They never cared for him much anyways. Dumb as hell to still be arrested for weed in 2018 but he knows the laws and rules. Doesn't seem too smart. Especially in backwards, hillbilly Colin County. They don't fuck around up there.

But I still believe another team who knows how to utilize athletic TEs will find a way to get something out of him. The potential is there.

It means they can cut him and still probably get him to the PS with little problem, keep working with a pet project. And I'm cool with that.

Scarborough cut. I though he was a good fit behind the Cowboys line in their scheme. I hope he doesn't get picked up.

The Charles Tapper era is finally over.

Jonathan Cooper cut by the Niners. Seems like a logical fit to backup at guard, with the KC guy backing up at tackle.

8 minutes ago, DougO said:

Scarborough cut. I though he was a good fit behind the Cowboys line in their scheme. I hope he doesn't get picked up.

The Charles Tapper era is finally over.

Jonathan Cooper cut by the Niners. Seems like a logical fit to backup at guard, with the KC guy backing up at tackle.

Scarborough could use a ps year.  Not sure he showed enough to end up on someones active roster

Kind of surprising but glad they made the move. They have seen it first hand with kickers and how they operate. Once they start to slip for whatever reason, you hardly ever get them back to what they used to be. Nick Folk being the other big example here. You can't go into every kick wondering if Bailey was ok or not. A shit ton of it is mental, too. This whole "its Bailey, he will be fine" was wishful thinking. He was broken.

Can’t wait for that salary cap trophy parade. This team sucks and I’m fucking sick of it. Add in Jerry’s insistence on being full cloak room with the anthem bullshit and I’m pretty sure I’m off the NFL for a while. Might follow former Pokes. James Washington is going to be big in Pittsburgh and Mason Rudolph is the backup QB.

31 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Kind of surprising but glad they made the move. They have seen it first hand with kickers and how they operate. Once they start to slip for whatever reason, you hardly ever get them back to what they used to be. Nick Folk being the other big example here. You can't go into every kick wondering if Bailey was ok or not. A shit ton of it is mental, too. This whole "its Bailey, he will be fine" was wishful thinking. He was broken.

Fucking this right here. When a kicker breaks mentally, he needs a change of scenery. Bailey had been out played by Maher all camp, and after Maher made a 57 yarder in preseason, I thought to myself “even the best version of dan Bailey could never do that.” 

Its definitely ballsy, but I like the decision. Should also save a little money too, no? Just fucking trade for ET and let’s go.

• Like 1

September 1, 4:15 pm ET: The full list of cuts are in, and surprisingly Dan Bailey is among them. From ESPN’s Todd Archer.

K Dan Bailey, WR Dres Anderson, G Kyle Bosch, T Jake Campos, WR K.D. Cannon, WR Darren Carrington, RB Jordan Chunn, LS Scott Daly, T Matt Diaz, DE Kony Ealy, T Chaz Green, RB Darius Jackson, S Jeron Johnson, LB Tre’von Johnson, S Kam Kelly, LB Joe Lanning, DE Austin Larkin, WR Lance Lenoir, G Damien Mama, WR Mekale McKay, DT Lewis Neal, C Jacob Ohnesorge, CB Donovan Olumba, LB Eric Pinkins, LB Kyle Queiro, DT Caraun Reid, S Dominick Sanders, RB Bo Scarbrough, DE Charles Tapper, CB Duke Thomas, WR Deonte Thompson, DT Jihad Ward, TE David Wells, CB Marquez White; Waived/injured: RB Trey Williams, S Marqueston Huff.

25 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Fucking this right here. When a kicker breaks mentally, he needs a change of scenery. Bailey had been out played by Maher all camp, and after Maher made a 57 yarder in preseason, I thought to myself “even the best version of dan Bailey could never do that.” 

Its definitely ballsy, but I like the decision. Should also save a little money too, no? Just fucking trade for ET and let’s go.

Yep. I didn't have tons of faith in him after last season. I get he is a big name being cut but I don't get the outrage and disbelief I have seen. I saw someone go as far as they don't care about winning with this move. When its quite the opposite. Bailey is a huge wild card and this saves them some good money. It was the correct decision. 

1 hour ago, DougO said:

September 1, 4:15 pm ET: The full list of cuts are in, and surprisingly Dan Bailey is among them. From ESPN’s Todd Archer.

K Dan Bailey, WR Dres Anderson, G Kyle Bosch, T Jake Campos, WR K.D. Cannon, WR Darren Carrington, RB Jordan Chunn, LS Scott Daly, T Matt Diaz, DE Kony Ealy, T Chaz Green, RB Darius Jackson, S Jeron Johnson, LB Tre’von Johnson, S Kam Kelly, LB Joe Lanning, DE Austin Larkin, WR Lance Lenoir, G Damien Mama, WR Mekale McKay, DT Lewis Neal, C Jacob Ohnesorge, CB Donovan Olumba, LB Eric Pinkins, LB Kyle Queiro, DT Caraun Reid, S Dominick Sanders, RB Bo Scarbrough, DE Charles Tapper, CB Duke Thomas, WR Deonte Thompson, DT Jihad Ward, TE David Wells, CB Marquez White; Waived/injured: RB Trey Williams, S Marqueston Huff.

wow. I thought they'd keep one of jackson and scarbrough. same with white and thomas and Ealy and Tapper. Just surprising to see all these players cut so we could keep 3 QB's and 4 TE's.

46 minutes ago, Viper said:

wow. I thought they'd keep one of jackson and scarbrough. same with white and thomas and Ealy and Tapper. Just surprising to see all these players cut so we could keep 3 QB's and 4 TE's.

They kinda had to keep 3 qbs. It would be dumb and short sited to cut a rookie qb that you drafted in the 5th round, but it would also be dumb to roll with him as the backup considering what he’s shown. Hands were kind of tied. Same with TE. You’re either gonna cut a 4th round TE, or watch the only TE on your roster remotely capable of gamebreaking plays go do it for another team. 

I still feel like they should cut rush and just go sign Mark Sanchez or something. Someone who has actually played in a real life NFL game. Also, the cards just cut Brice Butler lol. 2 years ago he had a “I need to be a starter or the cowboys should let me walk” rant on cowherd. So much for that.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

4 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

They kinda had to keep 3 qbs. It would be dumb and short sited to cut a rookie qb that you drafted in the 5th round, but it would also be dumb to roll with him as the backup considering what he’s shown. Hands were kind of tied. Same with TE. You’re either gonna cut a 4th round TE, or watch the only TE on your roster remotely capable of gamebreaking plays go do it for another team. 

I still feel like they should cut rush and just go sign Mark Sanchez or something. Someone who has actually played in a real life NFL game. Also, the cards just cut Brice Butler lol. 2 years ago he had a “I need to be a starter or the cowboys should let me walk” rant on cowherd. So much for that.

It's far more stupid to put a 5th rd QB who looks absolutely terrible on your 53 just because you're too pussy to admit you fucked up the eval.

• Like 3

You can’t possibly know that you fucked up that evaluation after one fucking preseason. Think about what you’re saying lol. Is it likely that he won’t anount to anything, yes. Because that’s usually what happens with qbs that get drafted after the 1st or 2nd round. But he was widely regarded as a 4th/5th round talent and he’s from a small school. You can’t just cut him after he looks like shit in one preseason. Now cooper Rush on the other hand, in my opinion, should be cut. No point in having two developmental qbs. Might as well keep the one that you invested a draft pick in, and go out and get an established backup since you can probably get one for dirt cheap now 

Edited by youdunnf'dup