Dallas Cowboys 2018 offseason thread

DougO

2 hours ago, Mileslong said:

I don’t remember how this went down, but how did Jerry let Sean Payton get away and select Garrett instead? This team would have won a super bowl with Payton...

The big mistake was hiring the Big Flounder instead of giving the job to Mike Zimmer like he should have. Parcells set the team back a decade with the stupid switch the the 3-4 that had them trying to rebuild the whole defense for years when they already had a top ranked unit. Then after he bailed, they hired Phillips because they thought he could fix it. Zimmer could have had them a regular playoff teams if not for all that wasted time.

Gregory to meet with a League doctor today to see if he'll play or be suspended. It's tough to tell if this is because of something new he's done wrong, or if it's just part of the regular schedule the league set up when he came back.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2018/8/30/17799994/report-randy-gregory-to-meet-with-league-doctor-thursday-to-determine-if-hell-be-suspended-again

This could all be part of Gregory’s routine, it could all be new, we don’t know exactly because the details have been kept so quiet. Based on Gregory’s status with the NFL and his comeback, it stands to reason that this is part of what he’s subject to.

A reminder that Randy Gregory is in stage three of the drug program. From the NFL drug policy: pic.twitter.com/uMK3edg709

— Bobby Belt (@BobbyBeltTX) August 30, 2018

Again we don’t know for certain that this is exactly what is happening with Randy, but it’s interesting to note the verbiage in this. “At the Medical Director’s discretion...” would make it sound like somebody else felt the need for further evaluation, but that’s just one theory.

For now all we can do is sit and wait to see the results of whatever Randy Gregory’s meeting with the league doctor are. Let’s hope for the best.

Edited by Viper

Gregory to meet with a League doctor today to see if he'll play or be suspended. It's tough to tell if this is because of something new he's done wrong, or if it's just part of the regular schedule the league set up when he came back.
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2018/8/30/17799994/report-randy-gregory-to-meet-with-league-doctor-thursday-to-determine-if-hell-be-suspended-again

David Moore brought up the fact he’s always meeting with the league and doctors as part of the program. Have to admit I’m a little nervous based off LaCanfora’s tweet and Vic’s information from a day or so ago.

Just let this kid play already.

26 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

I’m not sure I need to hear Babe Laufenberg explain how to play QB. How to be a good clubhouse guy and a fun interview for the media during the dog days of camp, sure. 

I'm glad the NFL isn't like the other sports where you hear local broadcasts of your team every week. No way I could listen to Babe for all 16 games.

On 8/24/2018 at 3:37 PM, SurlyBDR said:

...or, should we hope this dude doesn't get a roster spot with that coverage? I thought I had read that he was a "gem" of an UDFA.

Capture.png

7 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Looks like we get back OL Parker Ehinger. Hopefully that means Chaz gets cut.

Did some reading on Parker. He's 6-6 but started at guard a few games his rookie year in 2016, a former 4th round pick. Missed all of last year with a knee injury and was playing as a reserve tackle this preseason. He's signed through 2019, so if he's a decent backup he could be here this year and next. Hopefully, this means Chaz is playing his last game as a Cowboy right now.

1 minute ago, DougO said:

Did some reading on Parker. He's 6-6 but started at guard a few games his rookie year in 2016, a former 4th round pick. Missed all of last year with a knee injury and was playing as a reserve tackle this preseason. He's signed through 2019, so if he's a decent backup he could be here this year and next. Hopefully, this means Chaz is playing his last game as a Cowboy right now.

Ahhh makes sense. Cowboys love them some injured players. He fits right in.

2 hours ago, C-Man said:

Brad Sham makes it worth it

Babe is fine with Sham, because Brad ain't gonna fuck around. He doesn't have as much free reign to yap up all the bad jokes like he does with that goober on the Cowboys preseason TV show.

• Like 1