Check Out This Fucking Sandwich

Jack Straw

Let’s get this shit back on track… here’s some pulled pork for you savages. Sometimes I like to finish it crispy, so it gets a few mins in the oven.

f8b467c5f40c7f9143804527196093d5.jpg
acfdc403440873a03c1ab99ee9df19b8.jpg
e119270865f883bec553abe6ff377a72.jpg

I like your sandwich, though I would have the slaw on the sandwich too. I’d skip the wine for a Mexican Coke or a cold American macrobrew.
  • Hook 'Em 3

11 hours ago, Party_Taco said:

Let’s get this shit back on track… here’s some pulled pork for you savages. Sometimes I like to finish it crispy, so it gets a few mins in the oven.

f8b467c5f40c7f9143804527196093d5.jpg
acfdc403440873a03c1ab99ee9df19b8.jpg
e119270865f883bec553abe6ff377a72.jpg

Yes on the finishing in the oven. I'll also fry thing in a skillet for a few minutes sometimes.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Fried chicken recipe please.

buttermilk, pickle, jalapeno, and crystal brine.  dredge is self rise flour and cornstarch, in about a 3:1 ratio.  flavor dredge with garlic powder, onion powder, smoked hot paprika, cayenne, and pepper.  fried in canola oil.  mayo is duke's and kewpie with more crystal and tony's.  i eyeballed literally everything. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

buttermilk, pickle, jalapeno, and crystal brine.  dredge is self rise flour and cornstarch, in about a 3:1 ratio.  flavor dredge with garlic powder, onion powder, smoked hot paprika, cayenne, and pepper.  fried in canola oil.  mayo is duke's and kewpie with more crystal and tony's.  i eyeballed literally everything. 

Your recipe is similar to mine but I’ve never tried self rising flour just AP. You’re getting that double dredge look without the heaviness.

Also do you dry before dredge or go in wet?

36 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

Your recipe is similar to mine but I’ve never tried self rising flour just AP. You’re getting that double dredge look without the heaviness.

Also do you dry before dredge or go in wet?

kenji lopez-alt used self rise on his youtube show the other day, so i went that way.  went in wet after putting substantial amounts of the brine in the dredge. had to add more flour there was so much brine. 

Edited by elfenix
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

I went to Tom Thumb and they had no self rising flour. Coconut, almond, unbleached, presifted, whole wheat but not one bag of self rising.

Also not one kind of turkey in the deli. They usually have 20 kinds. Dude said their turkey processing plant blowed up with 3 million turkeys.

I went to Tom Thumb and they had no self rising flour. Coconut, almond, unbleached, presifted, whole wheat but not one bag of self rising.

Also not one kind of turkey in the deli. They usually have 20 kinds. Dude said their turkey processing plant blowed up with 3 million turkeys.

Self rising is just all purpose flour that has baking powder already added to it. I’m sure the ratio is online somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...