Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

What Trump really needs is a national crisis to suspend rights to finally take him over the edge.  If 9/11 happened tomorrow, do we not believe that concentration camps (freedom camps?) aren't build up immediately.   And criticisms of the good govt. become subversive actions.

"Either you're with us or you're with the terrorists."

And then he could define the response in a nebulous way, call it a "War on Terror," something for which victory is impossible to define. That way he could put us in a state of perpetual war and use it as an excuse to greatly expand presidential powers. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

The kneeling scandal is such fake outrage driven by right wing proponents as an effort further the identity wedge in political America. 

If I didn't know better, I'd swear they were in collusion with Mark Geregos to get him paid.

What Trump really needs is a national crisis to suspend rights to finally take him over the edge.  If 9/11 happened tomorrow, do we not believe that concentration camps (freedom camps?) aren't build up immediately.   And criticisms of the good govt. become subversive actions.     When you see movies like V for Vendetta, we're not as far from that world as you think.  

With that being said, I actually don't think any of this will occur.  I still believe that enough people would oppose it if we ever had a leader that tried to become a dictator.

Keep in mind that the very people who are beyond well-armed and who fear the government, helped elect Trump.  Trump has already made comments about gun control and the 4th Amendment that has theme worried.

And they are very well aware that Trump is not a gun enthusiast in any way.

These same people started turning on Bush after 9/11 when the government, with a Republican President and Congress, was talking about all kinds of measures like tracking online purchases, gun owners and their ammo purchases, etc. (the whole Total Information Awareness thing scared the everliving shit out of many of them) and they were flipping out after Katrina when cops in Louisiana were confiscating guns.

And these same people would watch many of the websites/services they use daily going down under a whole "criticism of the government is bad" type of thing.

They would turn on Trump in a heartbeat, just like they turned on Bush.

24 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Continues to amaze me that people so successful in life can be so fucking stupid when it comes to common sense shit.

Gonna be fun when a group of players come out and hold up a sign saying something like "Police Kill Black People" while STANDING for the anthem.  This is only going to make the players more bold.

2020 can't get here soon enough.  I actually fear the scenario where the Dems win both the House and Senate in 2018.  If they moved to impeach/indict, I don't know if Trump accepts it.  And if he can get the military to stand behind him, we have a constitutional crisis.   And when people say Mathis would stand up to Trump, you're making an assumption that Mathis is still there.  Trump can easily find someone to replace Mathis.    Would Trump accept a scenario of losing in 2020?   If millions and millions of undocumented immigrants voted against him, why should he comply with an invalid election?

Maybe my fears are unfounded, but I think we are in a world that we wouldn't have imagined as recently as 2014 or 15.

Putting aside his draft-dodger status and mocking McCain for being captured, the military isn't big enough.  We couldn't even pacify an already-weakened Iraq - a country we were at war that's 2/3rd's the size of Texas and with less than 8% of the US population.  

And the very people you need manning the tanks, checkpoints, etc. are the very people you can't rely on - your 18 and 19 year olds in the military care more about getting laid and getting paid, and a Democrat-led Congress could easily shut down the military's budget.  Trump's precious little parade pissed off a whole lot of those guys as well, because if there's anything the junior ranks hate, it's officers/officials who create more work for them, and a parade creates a helluva lot of work, especially if travel to said parade is involved.

Trump won't have the military backing him, even if it could somehow physically maintain control over the nation, and our military isn't geared towards local occupation anyways.  

More importantly for Trump, he simply doesn't have a staff that he could rely upon.  All of the people that you would consider to be the ones pushing him towards some kind of Constitutional crisis have already been booted out.  He's had way too much staff turnover during the past year or so, leaving him with a bunch of political opportunists with loyalty only to their careers, or those trying to keep him from fucking up.

Dictators who come to power, they build a loyal staff that they could absolutely rely upon, and they run things with an iron fist.  He has shown time and time again that he has no loyalty to anybody outside of his family.   The Rick Perrys and Jim Mattis's are not going to go to the gallows for Trump.  He can't even seem to fire people to their faces, and  he has to sneak off to the shitter or use his private rooms to twitter.   

If Trump had full-on dictator tendencies, and the attitude and balls that go along with it, he would have shut down the Mueller investigation long away, one way or another.

47 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

This upsets me more than players kneeling.  The kneeling doesnt bother me at all mainly because im not a mouth breather

And fuck Pence.  Homophobe fuckwad cuck

Edited by Post Oak
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

This upsets me more than players kneeling.  The kneeling doesnt bother me at all mainly because im not a mouth breather

And fuck Pence.  Homophobe fuckwad cuck

This issue is only about Trump and Pence pretending to be defenders of the faith (patriotism) and certain people eating it up.   They don't really care about football players kneeling.

19 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

Speech by private individuals has been successfully compelled by the president under threat of tax consequences.  Proud day for conservatives, huh? 

But corporate campaign contributions are free speech protected by the Constitution. 

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

This issue is only about Trump and Pence pretending to be defenders of the faith (patriotism) and certain people eating it up.   They don't really care about football players kneeling.

I agree.  We are slowly losing our backbone.  

This all feels like cowardice and a little to plantationy for my liking

21 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

These are the dark times

Nah. Its a good day. Further evidence in a court case. Congrats Pence for not knowing when to shut up - assuming he knows his bosses buddy was deposed already, and I'm betting he does.

52 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Continues to amaze me that people so successful in life can be so fucking stupid when it comes to common sense shit.

Gonna be fun when a group of players come out and hold up a sign saying something like "Police Kill Black People" while STANDING for the anthem.  This is only going to make the players more bold.

Which is exactly what Trump wants.  Trump doesn't give a flying fuck about players kneeling.  He found red meat for his sycophants and a great wedge issue.  Trump wants nothing more than for it to continue so he can tweet about those uppity football players.

Just now, Ted Lange said:

#Winning

Tweet buries the lead IMO. And additionally is just not accurate portrayal of the CBO report.  But Twitter policy discussions gonna twitter policy discussion.  Here is what jumped out to me. Forest, trees, etc. 

Net federal subsidies for insured people in 2018 will total $685 billion. That amount is projected to reach $1.2 trillion in 2028.

For now on, his name is Donald Whore. 

12 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

if you ever need a litmus test for whether or not you are an out of touch old white dude, this is a great issue to test. if you give a shit about players kneeling during the anthem, congrats, you are an out of touch old white dude.

'Cause the Russian shit doesn't register but allegiance to the flag, now there's a straw argument. 

12 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

if you ever need a litmus test for whether or not you are an out of touch old white dude, this is a great issue to test. if you give a shit about players kneeling during the anthem, congrats, you are an out of touch old white dude.

It's so true. My dad, who is a UT grad (and former player) and should know better, is so Fox-matized that he even stopped watching the NFL over this phony whipped up outrage.

He said to me the words "ungrateful thugs."  I really wanted to tell him to fully explain each of those words, one at a time. What's the fucking use though.

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

And one of those choices includes punishment for prohibited speech.

Then said player can make the appropriate decision based on what he deems more important. 

Edited by Chrispy
Clarification
  • Fuck You 7

3 hours ago, GW Hayduke said:

Very much so. He’s had high level positions in the intelligence apparatus for decades under presidents of both parties. He was DNI during the period of Russian attacks on our democracy and trump campaign’s probable conspiring.

Are you referring to 2013 where he failed to acknowledge the existence of the Patriot Act? Or something else?

Or is this an instance where you disagree with what he said, or at least want to disagree, because you don’t want it to be true. Ad Hominem is a logical fallacy FYI.

It boils down to whether trump’s victory was legitimate or not. Imagine the Sooners beating us but then we realized they cheated. That win would be removed from the books

https://thefederalist.com/2018/05/22/james-clapper-just-lied-again-about-his-previous-lies-about-nsa-spying/

He also was involved in the faulty Iraq WMD intelligence assessment.

And before you mention it, yes I realize that he is one of many people still involved with intelligence that took part in that.  Some like Bolton were brought back by Trump.  I think that’s shameful.

There’s other examples, but suffice it to say Clapper is one of the main reasons that the American people do not trust the intelligence community.

Just now, GRHorn said:

https://thefederalist.com/2018/05/22/james-clapper-just-lied-again-about-his-previous-lies-about-nsa-spying/

And before you mention it, yes I realize that he is one of many people still involved with intelligence that took part in that.  Some like Bolton were brought back by Trump.  I think that’s shameful.

There’s other examples, but suffice it to say Clapper is one of the main reasons that the American people do not trust the intelligence community.

Why should they trust Donald Trump?

Just now, GRHorn said:

Clapper is a piece of shit. Brennan ain't much better. But they both got nice gigs on TV now, so good for them.