Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

42 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

They don’t give a shit about the Constitution outside of the Second Amendment.  The GOP are fake patriots, wrapping themselves in symbolism while shitting on the substance of American values.  

Shit, they didn’t even care when their orange god king made his “take the guns first” comment. It’s a full on cult without the poisoned punch.  

If that isn’t patently obvious to you, you’re purposefully deceiving yourself.

The GOP has now ended up effectively declared itself the enemy of everything we (and they) used to say is good about this country.

They were on this path for quite some time now. Frog and hot water and all that. Or maybe crabs
  • Like 2

Just now, GRHorn said:

Isn’t this just “catch and release”?  Did those caught crossing then get due process?

The "release" under that policy was inside the United States while awaiting a hearing and full due process.  That is, the government was picking them up, processing them into the system, slapping on ankle monitors, and letting them go until their hearing.   Trump is talking about the government grabbing people, taking them across the border, and releasing them in other countries without any judicial process at all. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

The "release" under that policy was inside the United States while awaiting a hearing and full due process.  That is, the government was picking them up, processing them into the system, slapping on ankle monitors, and letting them go until their hearing.   Trump is talking about the government grabbing people, taking them across the border, and releasing them in other countries without any judicial process at all. 

Ok.  So catch and release was the previous policy where people were released with monitors, awaiting hearing, but often cut off their monitors and ghosted?  Are there any stats on how often people actually showed for those hearings?

So Trump wants to catch people coming in illegally and without a hearing ship them back out?  When you say releasing them in other countries what do you mean?  We catch Mexicans coming across and dump them in Canada?

4 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Ok.  So catch and release was the previous policy where people were released with monitors, awaiting hearing, but often cut off their monitors and ghosted?  Are there any stats on how often people actually showed for those hearings?

So Trump wants to catch people coming in illegally and without a hearing ship them back out?  When you say releasing them in other countries what do you mean?  We catch Mexicans coming across and dump them in Canada?

Numbers have been posted here that compliance while wearing ankle monitors was over 90%, but I don't have any personal expertise or knowledge in that area.  As for what Trump means, who the fuck knows.  It's his statement, not mine.  He says take them where they came from, which could mean anywhere South of the border that ICE decides to take them without judicial process.  Could be Mexico for all.  Could be wherever they think a particular migrant is from.  I have no idea. 

3 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

Numbers have been posted here that compliance while wearing ankle monitors was over 90%, but I don't have any personal expertise or knowledge in that area.  As for what Trump means, who the fuck knows.  It's his statement, not mine.  He says take them where they came from, which could mean anywhere South of the border that ICE decides to take them without judicial process.  Could be Mexico for all.  Could be wherever they think a particular migrant is from.  I have no idea. 

He’s (Trump) is a known liar, and Charlatan.  Anyone who believes anything he says is suspect.  

There is at least one alternative program that DOTUS has shuttered.

But there’s an alternative approach that’s cheaper, more humane and incredibly effective. The Trump administration just doesn’t want to use it.

The Family Case Management Program, which President Donald Trump ended several months after taking office, was meant to keep track of immigrant parents and kids in removal proceedings without having to keep them locked up. It was relatively small ― about 950 families in five locations. But it was hugely successful: More than 99 percent of families in the program showed up for their court dates, and 97 percent participated in required check-ins with their case managers, according to a report from Geo Care, the private prison company that operated the program. And it reportedly cost the government just $36 per family each day, versus $319 per bed per day in a family detention center. 

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-family-detention-alternative_us_5b2d4731e4b0321a01d1002e

Edited by retread

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

This is peak active measures.  Trump spouting bullshit propaganda brainwashing his base vs the media on the front lines documenting the reality.

Feels like it.  

Trump is scared shitless of Mueller, and he knows his only defense is keeping the Rs in charge of Congress. Illegal immigrants are his best chance at scaring people.  

But Trump’s summer camps are continuing to backfire on him.  

43 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Jesus Christ you are one misinformed moron.  Please don't breed.

Too late hoss. 4 kids that are well taken care of because I’m actually smarter than the average bear. 

Instead of misinformed I’d say uninformed.  Immigration is just an issue that has never really interested me.  I grew up closer to the border than most, my grandpa had illegal aliens working on his farm growing up, but it’s not something I’ve ever devoted much thought to.  

Unlike a lot of people on the internet I don’t act like I’m an expert on everything. With 4 kids and busy career I don’t have time to keep up with details of every thing political.  Thus my posts were direct questions.  Mojo was good enough to provide answers, however simple.  Thanks. 

I’ll continue to comment and debate here to the level of my knowledge and ask questions when I don’t know something.

You can continue to be an “informed, intelligent” poster that acts like a dbag and refers to a black Supreme Court Justice as a “Tom”. 

4 minutes ago, simplicity said:

Except for racists, xenophobes, theocratists, sexists, and conspiracy theorists.

Trump is openly jailing people in Walmart’s.   He wants cops to be able to confiscate guns without due process.  He thinks he should be able to do anything without Congressional, judicial, or media oversight.

The conspiracy theorists should be shitting their intestines out. . 

The conspiracy theorists are also racists. One of the ways they try to mask their racism. They are okay with these things as long a white guy is doing it to brown people. It really was pretty obvious what they were doing during the Obama era. But they use their ribbon boards as a shield. 

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Trump is openly jailing people in Walmart’s.   He wants cops to be able to confiscate guns without due process.  He thinks he should be able to do anything without Congressional, judicial, or media oversight.

The conspiracy theorists should be shitting their intestines out. . 

[troll]More fake news from the libtard snowflakes that get all their information from the extremely biased CNN.  Trump is MAGA. look at the unemployment numbers[/troll]

26 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Too late hoss. 4 kids that are well taken care of because I’m actually smarter than the average bear. 

Instead of misinformed I’d say uninformed.  Immigration is just an issue that has never really interested me.  I grew up closer to the border than most, my grandpa had illegal aliens working on his farm growing up, but it’s not something I’ve ever devoted much thought to.  

Unlike a lot of people on the internet I don’t act like I’m an expert on everything. With 4 kids and busy career I don’t have time to keep up with details of every thing political.  Thus my posts were direct questions.  Mojo was good enough to provide answers, however simple.  Thanks. 

I’ll continue to comment and debate here to the level of my knowledge and ask questions when I don’t know something.

You can continue to be an “informed, intelligent” poster that acts like a dbag and refers to a black Supreme Court Justice as a “Tom”. 

Wow.   

28 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Excellent post until your last sentence. Are you aware that Thomas rarely joins in on the discussions of the Supreme Court. He rarely asks the defendants or prosecutors questions. Reports are he sleeps during the proceedings and then votes with the right wing every time. I don't call him Uncle Tom but all of my black friends do. 

1 hour ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Would be cool if Trump didn't tweet as if he was a dictator every day. And wasn't an obvious racist. 

They’re slowly (well, not that slowly) equivocating racist policy as patriotic.  The deplorables don’t have the bandwidth to process any of the more nuanced political changes in the R party - for example, ‘Do I still hate the Jews?’

Well, it's true.  I ordered Domino's last night (don't shame me, they were open and I was hungry) and they brought 2 pizzas and a small Mexican boy.  I was flummoxed, but figured "what the hell", tipped a couple of dollars more, and thanked him.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GRHorn said:

You had immigrants that close to your family!?!? 

I bet your grandparents we murdered by them?

You never got to meet the immigrants I bet, because you'd obviously be dead.

38 minutes ago, SKJ said:

You had immigrants that close to your family!?!? 

I bet your grandparents we murdered by them?

You never got to meet the immigrants I bet, because you'd obviously be dead.

I have good and bad news for you.  My experience living by the border gave me a unique perspective.  Yes immigrants contribute to society and are rarely criminals.  But on the flip side our border could and should definitely be more secure.  

3 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I have good and bad news for you.  My experience living by the border gave me a unique perspective.  Yes immigrants contribute to society and are rarely criminals.  But on the flip side our border could and should definitely be more secure.  

I agree, my experience living on the border was the same, why are you supporting a lying despot that wants to demonize people seeking a better life?  

LONDON — A 20-foot-tall inflatable orange baby with the face of President Donald Trump could float over Britain’s parliament next month, one of many acts of protest planned to coincide with Trump's first visit to the U.K. since taking office.

Tens of thousands of demonstrators are expected to march in London, Scotland and elsewhere during his trip, which takes place amid a growing transatlantic trade war and global dismay at the treatment of immigrant families at the U.S. border.

Britain is keen to reinforce its special relationship with Washington as it prepares to leave the European Union, a divorce that will shape the country’s standing in the world.

But Trump's visit has already been scaled down after months of back-and-forth; the president canceled plans to open the new U.S. Embassy in January and his official state visit — opposed in a petition by at least 1.9 million Brits — appears to be on ice.

Trump will instead pay a working visit on July 13 for bilateral talks with British Prime Minister Theresa May, a meeting with the queen and possibly a round of golf in Scotland where he owns two resorts.

Sir Christopher Meyer, a former British ambassador to Washington and author of “D.C. Confidential,” said Trump’s “deeply controversial” reputation made it “unlikely he’ll be strolling around Trafalgar Square” or any other prominent sites that could pose a security risk.

The easiest answer to avoiding demonstrators is using helicopters,” he said. “That makes it possible to get about without being much bothered by protests at all.”

RIDICULE

Mass anti-Trump marches have been more than a year in the planning, after May first extended an invitation for Trump to visit the U.K. in early 2017.

The largest are planned in London, where organizers of Together Against Trump estimate up to 100,000 people, including labor unions and rights groups, will march through the center of the city to Trafalgar Square.

The people behind last year’s successful Women’s March are staging a Bring The Noise rally earlier on the same day to end in Parliament Square, opposite the House of Commons. (You can already buy the t-shirt.)

We’re planning a proper British welcome for Trump,” said Shola Mos-Shogbamimu, 42, a co-organizer of the march and founder of Women in Leadership.

“Change for tolerance, justice and equality is no longer jurisdictional but global,” she said. “We are our brothers’ and sisters’ keepers. I cannot stand by and be complicit through silence as intolerance, injustice and discrimination shape hostile policies, laws and environments for many. If all I have is my voice and vote, I will make them count.”

A quieter but eye-catching protest is planned by Leo Murray, 41, who wants to float a helium-filled blimp of Trump as a baby during the visit.

“Moral outrage has no affect on Trump because he has no shame, he’s immune to it,” said the climate campaigner. “But he has a tremendously fragile ego so ridicule is an effective form of protest," he said.

So we want to make sure he knows that all of Britain is looking down on him and laughing at him.”

Crowdsourced funding for the specially-commissioned $6,500 balloon was easily achieved, but Murray has yet to secure permission from city officials to tether the blimp to Parliament Square. However, he remains confident that his “Trump Baby” will be in the skies over London. “This is exactly the kind of non-violent but effective protest that they should be encouraging,” he said.

'DEEPLY CONTROVERSIAL'

Permission for the blimp must come from London Mayor Sadiq Khan, who is among a series of high-profile British figures to have publicly clashed with Trump over everything from immigration to health care.

Londoners were angered by the president’s politicization of the deadly London Bridge terror attack in June 2017 in which he called Khan “pathetic” even as the city mourned the eight victims. The two had locked horns previously. Khan, a Muslim, said in 2016 that Trump’s proposed travel ban on Muslim nations was “ignorant.” Trump, then still a candidate, responded by challenging Khan to an IQ test.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/trump-s-visit-britain-faces-mass-protest-marches-giant-baby-n885321

2B4058B3-98FF-4D3D-9753-575C303A092D_zps

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

There's no redeeming this utter fuckface.  He's a lie machine at a level that defies the laws of mechanics -- it's not just perpetual motion, it's perpetual acceleration. 

36 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

30 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

I agree, my experience living on the border was the same, why are you supporting a lying despot that wants to demonize people seeking a better life?  

These.

My family has been on both sides of the border since the war.  The MEXICAN war.  My ancestors have historical markers on their graves, within rock-throwing distance of the river.  We have lived and worked on both sides of the river, without pause, for nearly 200 years.  For most of that time, there was little border control.  Sometimes, to the detriment of the poor fuckers on the OTHER side, who took it in the ass from the Texas Rangers and whatnot.

Pretty much every sane person has taken a position that (1) immigration is generally good, and in the long run, they generally benefit society, (2) we need to have a better controlled border so we can have a handle and some control over that immigration and how it happens, (3) we should have a reasonable guest worker program, and (4) we should treat human beings like human beings, especially desperate human beings leaving their entire world behind just so they can have a chance to LIVE.

Trump and his merry band of nativist ass-drippings only agree with #2 in part -- they think we need an IMPENETRABLE border, and NOBODY should come in.  Fuck them in their fucking faces.  They're evil fucks, and they should be opposed by all possible means.

Oh, and as for the post about Trump's visit to the UK, I liked this strategy:

10 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The easiest answer to avoiding demonstrators is using helicopters,” he said. “That makes it possible to get about without being much bothered by protests at all.”

Pretty easy way to respond to that -- these guys know what's up:

7fabf9f2290c3b36d2fdf8b92eb3d5b1.jpg

All the brits gotta do is spell "FUCK TRUMP" on every open patch of land on the route.  And they're the kinda folks who will.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

There's no redeeming this utter fuckface.  He's a lie machine at a level that defies the laws of mechanics -- it's not just perpetual motion, it's perpetual acceleration. 

These.

My family has been on both sides of the border since the war.  The MEXICAN war.  My ancestors have historical markers on their graves, within rock-throwing distance of the river.  We have lived and worked on both sides of the river, without pause, for nearly 200 years.  For most of that time, there was little border control.  Sometimes, to the detriment of the poor fuckers on the OTHER side, who took it in the ass from the Texas Rangers and whatnot.

Pretty much every sane person has taken a position that (1) immigration is generally good, and in the long run, they generally benefit society, (2) we need to have a better controlled border so we can have a handle and some control over that immigration and how it happens, (3) we should have a reasonable guest worker program, and (4) we should treat human beings like human beings, especially desperate human beings leaving their entire world behind just so they can have a chance to LIVE.

Trump and his merry band of nativist ass-drippings only agree with #2 in part -- they think we need an IMPENETRABLE border, and NOBODY should come in.  Fuck them in their fucking faces.  They're evil fucks, and they should be opposed by all possible means.

Oh, and as for the post about Trump's visit to the UK, I liked this strategy:

Pretty easy way to respond to that -- these guys know what's up:

7fabf9f2290c3b36d2fdf8b92eb3d5b1.jpg

All the brits gotta do is spell "FUCK TRUMP" on every open patch of land on the route.  And they're the kinda folks who will.

So true, I could have been raised a racist POS.  I leaned that way as a kid, but my old man, bless him, put some sense in my head.  This land is your land had a bit different meaning after getting a butt whipping for messing with Mexican/Tejano kids on the school bus.  Those kids are my friends today and I am a helluva lot better person for it.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Yes he’s a liar. 

No he’s not a despot.  That’s hyperbole. 

Yes he does demonize some portions of the immigrant population.  I think a lot of that is silly. I also don’t agree with separating families at the border.  That doesn’t change my feeling that the border should be more secure.  

So we have two sides it seems.  One is trying to scare its constituents into wanting extreme measures on the border.  The other wants to act like it’s been fine and dandy down there.  The truth is probably somewhere in between.  I lean more to the secure it side.  

Anyway, I support Trump on some issues and probably oppose him on more.   I take it on a case by case basis  

3 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I guess I shouldn’t be surprised.  He did give an interview to Alex Jones. 

Miller needs to lay off of reddit. 

People in the Q-related subs were also saying the pedophiles had infiltrated pretty much every government agency.  Can’t wait for Trump to go down that road  

The only good news is that is means Trump is utterly terrified of Mueller, as well as the Rs losing in November, and is scraping the bottom of the barrel.