Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

3 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

I’ve never seen so much hate animosity in my life as I have in this section of the message boards. Literally every thread is attacks on everyone.  I’ve watched people shooting at Isis who had less hate in their hearts than you people.  I’d recommend to step the fuck away from the internet for a bit and calm down before y’all go postal and start shooting up places.   Stress will give you a heart attack 

You're projecting. 

21 minutes ago, ScottishHorn said:

I'm sorry.  I didnt want to read a 275 page thread to get caught up.

19 minutes ago, ScottishHorn said:

Ya'll are so angry its impossible to even have a rational discussion

It's kind of hard to have a rational discussion with someone who is admittedly willfully ignorant of facts.

When you post "questions" like you did, you should expect the sort of responses you got.

Edited by DDD Dad
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

I’ve never seen so much hate animosity in my life as I have in this section of the message boards. Literally every thread is attacks on everyone.  I’ve watched people shooting at Isis who had less hate in their hearts than you people.  I’d recommend to step the fuck away from the internet for a bit and calm down before y’all go postal and start shooting up places.   Stress will give you a heart attack 

fuck_you_harold_and_kumar.gif

• Like 1

So apparently in some states it is against the law to ban someone from a place of public accommodation based upon political beliefs.  DC is one.  DC Code Section 2-1402.31. So, my simple question that everyone was offended by was valid.   You can go back to your hate filled rants.

Edited by ScottishHorn

Just now, ScottishHorn said:

So apparently in some states it is against the law to ban someone from a place of public accommodation based upon political beliefs.  DC is one.  DC Code Section 2-1402.31. So, my simple question that everyone was offended by was valid.   You can go back to your hate filled rants.

Wrong.

2 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Wrong.

Section 2-1402.31 

It shall be an unlawful discriminatory practice to do any of the following acts, wholly or partially for a discriminatory reason based on the actual or perceived: race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, familial status, political affiliation, etc. etc.

3 minutes ago, Red Five said:

If she had been told to leave because of her political beliefs then you might have a point. She was told to leave because she’s a despicable cunt.

Correct.  The restaurant was not discriminating against Republicans, it was discriminating against Sarah Huckabee Sanderses.  The restaurant even told the rest of her party, who I can safely bet were not Democrats, that they were more than welcome to stay.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ScottishHorn said:

Not exactly correct.  Not relevant to the incident either, but I'll play along.  

I've not reviewed this provision previously, and suspect you found this from some reddit board or other talking points site on the Internet, but here's what it says (in pertinent part):

It shall be an unlawful discriminatory practice to do any of the following acts, wholly or partially for a discriminatory reason based on the actual or perceived: race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, familial status, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, source of income, or place of residence or business of any individual: To deny, directly or indirectly, any person the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, and accommodations of any place of public accommodations.

The D.C. Code provision prohibits discrimination based on political affiliation, not beliefs.  D.C. is not a state but a federal district carved out of Virginia and Maryland.

More importantly, SHS wasn't sent away due to her political affiliation or beliefs but because she is a liar and has bad character (in the opinion of the restaurant owner).  And, of course, this was in Lexington, Virginia, not the District of Columbia.  Lexington is about 3 hours away from D.C., in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains, in case you didn't know.

Edited by DDD Dad

Just now, ScottishHorn said:

Section 2-1402.31 

It shall be an unlawful discriminatory practice to do any of the following acts, wholly or partially for a discriminatory reason based on the actual or perceived: race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, familial status, political affiliation, etc. etc.

The word "affiliation" is different from the word "belief."

3 minutes ago, ScottishHorn said:

I dont care.  My point was everyone acted like their hair was on fire because I suggested her political affiliation or belief could be discriminatory in this country.  Turns out it can be.  

Turns out it can be somewhere she wasn't. Spoiler alert, that means it's completely irrelevant. 

18 minutes ago, ScottishHorn said:

Section 2-1402.31 

You failed geography, didn't you?

7 minutes ago, ScottishHorn said:

I dont care.  My point was everyone acted like their hair was on fire because I suggested her political affiliation or belief could be discriminatory in this country.  Turns out it can be.  

Well, political affiliation discrimination is prohibited in the District of Columbia.  If you think about it, it makes perfect sense.  Just about everyone there is connected to one party or another as their primary occupation.  

Discrimination based on her perceived beliefs is not, at least based on the language of the provision.

It's also worth noting that that same code provision prohibits discrimination based on personal appearance as well as age.  The DC provision is much broader than Title II of the Civil Rights Act (the main law governing public accommodation discrimination).

After a brief hiatus the trolls have regrouped and returned, with ScottishHorn leading the charge as he apparently got assigned to this thread.

The new distraction is some piece of shit liar got kicked out of a restaurant and only apparently does her actual job now once a week or so. Apparently that’s “DISCRIMININATION YAAAAL!!!”

Fuck off troll. You’re not fooling anyone here. Go back to texags where you will be given a heroes welcome. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Well, political affiliation discrimination is prohibited in the District of Columbia.  If you think about it, it makes perfect sense.  Just about everyone there is connected to one party or another as their primary occupation.  

Discrimination based on her perceived beliefs is not, at least based on the language of the provision.

It's also worth noting that that same code provision prohibits discrimination based on personal appearance as well as age.  The DC provision is much broader than Title II of the Civil Rights Act (the main law governing public accommodation discrimination).

States can pass more stringent discriminatory practices than the federal rules.  I believe Seattle has one as well. It doesn't matter.  

1 minute ago, JimmyJames said:

After a brief hiatus the trolls have regrouped and returned, with ScottishHorn leading the charge as he apparently got assigned to this thread.

The new distraction is some piece of shit liar got kicked out of a restaurant and only apparently does her actual job now once a week or so. Apparently that’s “DISCRIMININATION YAAAAL!!!”

Fuck off troll. You’re not fooling anyone here. Go back to texags where you will be given a heroes welcome. 

Hahaha.  Yall are so fun to piss off

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, ScottishHorn said:

States can pass more stringent discriminatory practices than the federal rules.  I believe Seattle has one as well. It doesn't matter.  

True, but what is your point?  The restaurant owner gave a nondiscriminatory (even under the DC statute) explanation for her refusal of service.

19 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

This is my favorite type of Trumpster.  The 'bro, I'm chill' version.  Pretty much nobody neutral is acting nonchalant  about the Dotard being completely out of control.  Hell, I was on the R 'team' and still find myself completely on the 'fuck this asshole' side.  If you see everything that's going on and act chill...yeah that's a red flag that you might just be an orange cock gobbler.  There's nothing wrong with that - just own it.  Quit acting like anybody nonpartisan is going along with Trump, like 'oh yeah, he's pretty much a scumbag, but no more than past Presidents'.  That's complete bullshit.  

Oh and your 'my family had a farm on the border and we had lots of immigrants working on it' jive comes off exactly like the bigot who gets caught dropping the N word, then comes off with the 'bro, I have lots of black friends.'  So, long story short, I'm calling bullshit.  Nite. 

You got me.  I'm in the chill bro category that doesn't get hysterical about politics or Trump.  I think there's probably more people like me than you would guess just not as vocal.  We could use more people who are even keeled.  People are gonna start getting seriously hurt out there if this keeps escalating. 

3 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

You got me.  I'm in the chill bro category that doesn't get hysterical about politics or Trump.  I think there's probably more people like me than you would guess just not as vocal.  We could use more people who are even keeled.  People are gonna start getting seriously hurt out there if this keeps escalating. 

People, including children, already have, quite severely in fact, in case you haven’t been paying attention lately. Immigrants are people too, even the brown ones. At least one guy even committed suicide. Or in your opinion is that just the price we all have to pay to keep them out?

But I’m glad you have been able to maintain your even keel. Maybe you’re able to do that since you probably didn’t get ripped away from your parents when you were one years old. That probably helped somewhat. 

4 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

People, including children, already have, quite severely in fact, in case you haven’t been paying attention lately. Immigrants are people too, even the brown ones. At least one guy even committed suicide. Or in your opinion is that just the price we all have to pay to keep them out?

But I’m glad you have been able to maintain your even keel. Maybe you’re able to do that since you probably didn’t get ripped away from your parents when you were one years old. That probably helped somewhat. 

We are keeping brown people in internment camps.

In 2018.