Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

16 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Not the administration's travel ban, not the current law of the country, but the "Trump" travel ban. 

I know he doesn't listen to anyone.  But his utter lack of understanding of the law and the court system never ceases to amaze me given that his sister is a federal judge.

2 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Good Lord, I go overseas for a few months, Shaggy implodes,  Anthony Bourdain dies, and Trump is still President.  

I have spent approximately half of my working life in places other than the United States and I've never seen our fortunes at a lower ebb in terms of respect and influence.  Everywhere I get asked "Where are the Americans?  How can they allow this to happen to their great country?"  I still feel a lot of affection for individual Americans but it feels like the world is waiting and wanting us to lead them based on our proclaimed national virtues/values. They don't think we're asleep at the wheel, they think we've jumped out of the car. 

If you want to find a group of Americans who hate Trump, look no further than people who have to do business abroad. 

yes, most of my team is in london, and they know not to even ask me about things. the industry where i work is tremendously international, and all my domestic clients (these are c-level republican starter kits, mind you) HATE trump and his polices. it's uncanny. but they have to travel abroad, and answer the same WTF questions from their clients. and now they may have to deal with tariff roadblocks for international business. BUT MUH MANUFACTURING BASE

40 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

my venezuelan coworker has brought this up, and i've posted such on this thread. she says it feels like chavez all over again, and she grew up in a pre-chavez VZ

This administration is intentionally inflicting pain on children and their families in order to get political concessions from the Ds in Congress and from the families themselves.

I think the cruelty is what his hardcore supporters want.  Trump doesn’t care about the wall, neither do his supporters.

In fact, it would work to Trump’s advantage not to get the Wall because he could always have that card to play when he wants to stir up the base.

It’s the same reason our immigration policy remains fucked up due to far right republicans not getting on board for a reasonable solution.

If they solved the immigration issue, it would be more difficult to blame the others invading from the South.

Let’s not pretend the Republicans really care about national security.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I think the cruelty is what his supporters want.  Trump doesn’t care about the wall, neither do his supporters.

In fact, it would work to Trump’s advantage not to get the Wall because he could always have that card to play when he wants to stir up the base.

It’s the same reason our immigration policy remains fucked up due to far right republicans not getting on board for a reasonable solution.

If they solved the immigration issue, it would be more difficult to blame the others invading from the South.

Agree to a point.  I think they do want to "solve" immigration, but to them that would mean stopping any immigration of any kind for eternity.

It really is good that Donald Trump dodged the draft.  

Its far too easy to see this whiny little snowflake complaining to his parents that the mean old drill instructors made him do push-ups or run 5 miles or keep his bunk neat.   He would have been a drain on his fellow soldiers.  

Edited by atomheartbevo

35 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

There has to be some financial benefits on the back end for Trump personally with the fucking trade war.

No way he’s doing this just for Putin.

He's not.  Trump isn't only after financial benefits.  He loves it when he's complemented and those who do so can control his direction.  Bannon set up the model for success.  The tariffs are Peter Navarro following the Bannon method.  Blow smoke up Trump's ass by complementing his rhetoric.  Brand your desired policy to fit with Trump rhetoric.  Its easy with "Make America Great Again," or "they're taking from us, but not giving us anything," or "we're bringing jobs back to whatever town."  Trump really has nothing more than catchphrases and no policy ideas, so you can get him to take up yours as long as you give him all the credit.  Now he's a champion of your policy.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

It's like when a band busts out a deep cut that hasn't been played live in a long time. "Dude! We got a Schwarzenegger and Bad Apprentice Ratings! Woohoo!"

"Man, I saw Trump play live back in June 2018. He'd just finished his set and walked off the stage, but the crowd was screaming for more. 5 minutes later, a projection of the 2016 Election Map pops up on screen and he breaks right into an extended jam version of "Ungrateful Black Athlete" before closing it out with "The Central Park 5 are Still Guilty." The crowd went apeshit!!!!!!!"

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Its far too easy for this whiny little snowflake complaining to his parents that the mean old drill instructors made him do push-ups or run 5 miles or keep his bunk neat.   He would have been a drain on his fellow soldiers.  

Perhaps some of our more skilled photo shoppers can put DOTARD's head on Private Pyle.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I think they first want to solve immigration, and then they want to solve emigration, if you get my drift, and I'm mighty sure you do.

Maybe come up with some type of group, maybe call it the American colonization society as a placeholder?

2 hours ago, crash_davis said:

the majority of trump supporters have never left their local communities or states.  

Why would they? To get killed by the muslims? Get raped by the Mexicans? Molested by a tranny in a public restroom? 

It's a super scary country out there. Hannity told me.  

2 hours ago, crash_davis said:

the majority of trump supporters have never left their local communities or states.  

The biggest trumper I know...48 years old, never been out of Texas except to visit family in SW Louisiana. Racist, homophobic, anti-semitic, and an online seminary graduate and "pastor" at his local non-denominational evangelical church. He seriously mocels his whole persona after Phil Robertson...right down to the beard. 

32 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Its far too easy to see this whiny little snowflake complaining to his parents that the mean old drill instructors made him do push-ups or run 5 miles or keep his bunk neat.   He would have been a drain on his fellow soldiers.  

He would've been fragged and the world would be a much better place today.

14 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

The biggest trumper I know...48 years old, never been out of Texas except to visit family in SW Louisiana. Racist, homophobic, anti-semitic, and an online seminary graduate and "pastor" at his local non-denominational evangelical church. He seriously mocels his whole persona after Phil Robertson...right down to the beard. 

lemme guess, it's called a "cowboy church"

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

He's not.  Trump isn't only after financial benefits.  He loves it when he's complemented and those who do so can control his direction.  Bannon set up the model for success.  The tariffs are Peter Navarro following the Bannon method.  Blow smoke up Trump's ass by complementing his rhetoric.  Brand your desired policy to fit with Trump rhetoric.  Its easy with "Make America Great Again," or "they're taking from us, but not giving us anything," or "we're bringing jobs back to whatever town."  Trump really has nothing more than catchphrases and no policy ideas, so you can get him to take up yours as long as you give him all the credit.  Now he's a champion of your policy.  

Compliment.

Complement means to complete.

IW8simF.gif

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I was told that the deficit and fiscal responsibility was the #1 issue for GOP voters.

It would be the biggest issue RIGHT NOW if it weren't for 46,765 Trump Voters in Pennsylvania,  22,177 Trump Voters in Wisconsin, and 10,704 Trump voters in Michigan

80,000 people managed to neuter the GOP's #1 issue.

Edited by yoladu

3 minutes ago, yoladu said:

It would be the biggest issue RIGHT NOW if it weren't for 46,765 Trump Voters in Pennsylvania,  22,177 Trump Voters in Wisconsin, and 10,704 Trump voters in Michigan

You misspelled “fuck up the greatest nation in the history of the world.”

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I was told that the deficit and fiscal responsibility was the #1 issue for GOP voters. 

Only when Dems hold the White House. When Republicans hold power it's cut taxes for the rich and spend, spend, spend!! Their deficits don't matter. Reagan out front should've told ya.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, yoladu said:

We have to take care of the brown people first!!!

anyone i know?