Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

I think I may support one or two of Trump's views, but I support zero of what this fucking loser does.

He seems to have a knack for doing the absolute worst in every situation.

So while I may support the fact that the borders should be secure, or that we should have better trade deals, I don't support the dumbass, despotic (not bombast), individually moronic effort that this orangutan tries to use to solve any problem, whatsoever.

He's despotic because he's unable to listen, or even to consider, opinions that may be contrary to his own, but that would most probably help to fix a situation rather than make it worse (which is all he seems to be good at...)

3 minutes ago, SKJ said:

I think I may support one or two of Trump's views, but I support zero of what this fucking loser does.

So while I may support the fact that the borders should be secure, or that we should have better trade deals, I don't support the dumbass, despotic (not bombast), individually moronic effort that this orangutan tries to use to solve any problem, whatsoever.

He's despotic because he's unable to listen, or even to consider, opinions that may be contrary to his own, but that would most probably help to fix a situation rather than make it worse (which is all he seems to be good at...)

He is a petulant child, who has never been punched in the face, because he hasn’t been in that position. I’ve been punched in the face.   It hurts.  And it makes one angry.  

Edited by Judge Roybeanbag

20 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Yes he’s a liar. 

No he’s not a despot.  That’s hyperbole. 

Yes he does demonize some portions of the immigrant population.  I think a lot of that is silly. I also don’t agree with separating families at the border.  That doesn’t change my feeling that the border should be more secure.  

So we have two sides it seems.  One is trying to scare its constituents into wanting extreme measures on the border.  The other wants to act like it’s been fine and dandy down there.  The truth is probably somewhere in between.  I lean more to the secure it side.  

Anyway, I support Trump on some issues and probably oppose him on more.   I take it on a case by case basis  

Utter bullshit. No one, on any side, thinks it’s been fine and dandy at the border. Your false equivalence is the issue. This isn’t a both sides thing. Everyone agrees that we need massive overhaul of the immigration. Only those who support this idiot think we should separate families. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SKJ said:

He likes his steaks burned and with ketchup. 

He nominated Betsy DeVos for Sec. of Education. 

He put Rick Perry in charge of our nukes. 

TexAgs absolutely loves him, as do many Okies. 

The warning signs were all there. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Utter bullshit. No one, on any side, thinks it’s been fine and dandy at the border. Your false equivalence is the issue. This isn’t a both sides thing. Everyone agrees that we need massive overhaul of the immigration. Only those who support this idiot think we should separate families. 

Ok. Then now is the Ds chance to submit ideas. The media blitz that they’ve supported has worked.  Now put up or shut up. 

• Fuck You 3

D's tried to work out a deal on DACA earlier in the year.  Trump sank it.

Trump just said don't bother with working in immigration until after the elections in November.  So he sank any chance of that as well.

Why should Ds do shit if the GOP controls all the levers of power and won't talk with them?  

1 minute ago, GRHorn said:

Ok. Then now is the Ds chance to submit ideas. The media blitz that they’ve supported has worked.  Now put up or shut up. 

Fuck your ideas.  Your guy doesn't get to run roughshod over the entire Constitution and then you get to say "hey, guys, what you got?  Let's caucus!  Let's make this better!"

I'm sorry I haven't been clear.  Fuck you and yours, and stop being a pussy while you're at it.  I am starting to welcome the opportunities that will be afforded me when this descends into civil war.  Make of that what you will, it's probably what you think.  But maybe not.  Who knows?  Let's caucus!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

So am I the only one who thinks POTUS advocating for the abolishment of due process is an impeachable offense?  I feel like I'm taking crazy pills talking to some of my idiot right-wing friends.

You are not taking crazy pills, but he hasn't done anything.  It's just more crazy talk from the Dotard.  Unbelievably destabilizing, autocratic, and downright scary talk.  But talk nonetheless.

But no one can be surprised when he actually does subvert Due Process.  At some point, he'll figure out the Courts don't have an army, and then we're well and truly fucked.

12 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

So am I the only one who thinks POTUS advocating for the abolishment of due process is an impeachable offense?  I feel like I'm taking crazy pills talking to some of my idiot right-wing friends.

If he was a Democrat he would've been impeached and removed from office months ago. And deservedly so.  

• Like 1

What happened to "I'll sign anything" and then Schumer offering him most of what he demanded? He shot that down, and he owns the DACA crisis.

He decided to hold children hostage in cages to get concessions from the parents and from the Ds in Congress. He owns that, too.

Just so we're all clear, here is what the 2016 Democratic platform says about immigration, emphasis mine:

“Democrats believe we need to urgently fix our broken immigration system—which tears families apart and keeps workers in the shadows—and create a path to citizenship for law-abiding families who are here, making a better life for their families and contributing to their communities and our country. We should repeal the 3-year, 10-year and permanent bars, which often force persons in mixed status families into the heartbreaking dilemma of either pursuing a green card by leaving the country and their loved ones behind, or remaining in the shadows. We will work with Congress to end the forced and prolonged expulsion from the country that these immigrants endure when trying to adjust their status.”

11 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

No, you put up or shut up, you control the entire fucking apparatus,  yet you whine like a bitch. Do Something! 

No not really.  Dems in Senate can still block things, but you knew that already. 

22 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

I can’t decide if your impotence is staggering or hilarious. 

My impotence or Republicans?  I’m not sure what youre talking about here. 

20 minutes ago, Gardner Barnes said:

Trump literally created this problem. Why should the Ds have to clean up his mess?

You have a point but now that it’s been blown into a national issue and all the issues with border are being magnified maybe now’s the time. 

• Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

You have a point but now that it’s been blown into a national issue and all the issues with border are being magnified maybe now’s the time. 

There are bills out there that could pass both houses of Congress tomorrow. 

Paul Ryan won't bring any of them to the floor of the House.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

There are bills out there that could pass both houses of Congress tomorrow. 

Paul Ryan won't bring any of them to the floor of the House.

Ok great.  Would Trump sign them?  Could they override veto?  If not, meaningless. 

My guess is both sides think politically they look ok coming out of it so nothing will happen until midterms. Dems will play Trump is Hitler card.  Rs will say they are against illegal immigration. How will country respond?  Let’s see. 

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

It's becoming obvious that Donald Trump doesn't want to be president anymore.

I would argue the opposite. He wants to be president more than ever. He just doesn’t want any criticism or checks. Ok, maybe you are right. He doesn’t want to be President anymore because he wants to be the King. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Just so we're all clear, here is what the 2016 Democratic platform says about immigration, emphasis mine:

“Democrats believe we need to urgently fix our broken immigration system—which tears families apart and keeps workers in the shadows—and create a path to citizenship for law-abiding families who are here, making a better life for their families and contributing to their communities and our country. We should repeal the 3-year, 10-year and permanent bars, which often force persons in mixed status families into the heartbreaking dilemma of either pursuing a green card by leaving the country and their loved ones behind, or remaining in the shadows. We will work with Congress to end the forced and prolonged expulsion from the country that these immigrants endure when trying to adjust their status.”

This all sounds good but ignores security so you need a combo of both.  

Ok great.  Would Trump sign them?  Could they override veto?  If not, meaningless. 

My guess is both sides think politically they look ok coming out of it so nothing will happen until midterms. Dems will play Trump is Hitler card.  Rs will say they are against illegal immigration. How will country respond?  Let’s see. 

Yes, let’s see, snowflake.   

Senate Democrats "put up" in 2013 with a bipartisan bill they sent to the House which Boehner refused to bring to the floor for a vote. House Republicans had an opportunity to take action in 2006 and bungled that as well. This is on the GOP. 

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2018/jan/26/ronald-brownstein/did-senators-pass-immigration-reform-bills-2006-20/

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Teeth said:

I would argue the opposite. He wants to be president more than ever. He just doesn’t want any criticism or checks. Ok, maybe you are right. He doesn’t want to be President anymore because he wants to be the King. 

He's basically there. Everything is handled via EO and back room memos to carry out his whims.

5 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

The Republicans are going to get throttled and they know it. Speakers don't jump ship if they don't have the internals showing that they are fucked.

6 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I would love to hope you’re not stupid.  Republicans could have fixed healthcare and immigration.  They don’t have the balls.  No Balls, Why Not Balls?  

16 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

It's not meaningless.   It's completely relevant to determining the source of the problem.  On a broad range of immigration issues, the Dems and many Rs in the Senate have already compromised and crafted bipartisan bills.  On certain standalone issues like DACA and child separation, clean bills could pass both houses of Congress.   The problem is not, as you suggest, that the Dems need to come up with ideas.  The problem is 100% Trump, McConnell, and Ryan/McCarthy/House leadership blocking reform and insisting on extreme measures that are only desired by the rabid 35% base of deplorables.  Well, Trump, at least.  The R leadership are just his lapdogs.

And the votes needed from Dems in the Senate are not supposed to be a rubber-stamp.   They were duly elected to represent their constituents too.   To get their votes, Trump and the R leadership needs to compromise with them.   Instead they refuse to talk and blame the Dems for not signing their votes over to Trump like a blank check.   That's not how it works. 

Edited by Mojo Hand
  • Like 2