Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

18 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

The Russian fiasco has dragged on far too long and drained too much media attention from more substantive issues such as employment, taxes, foreign policy and so on. Get it over with by the end of the calendar year please. 

You are really, horrendously bad at pretending to be a liberal.

• Like 4

The Russian fiasco has dragged on far too long and drained too much media attention from more substantive issues such as employment, taxes, foreign policy and so on. Get it over with by the end of the calendar year please. 

616211e87905015c0e59ff17e194d88b.jpg
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

You are really, horrendously bad at pretending to be a liberal.

you seem confused.  

We have many pressing issues and need to move on as a country. Do the deed, imprison or excommunicate as needed, but move on. 

Edited by Orca of Peace
  • Fuck You 4

16 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

The funny thing is it’s Trump himself that keeps the focus on the Russia Investigation.  He can’t stop talking about it or making developments in it himself via tweet.

Trump could concentrate on all those important issues but he is CHOOSING not to.

Did Hillary constantly whine about the FBI investigation into her emails that went on for over a year?!?  No, she went about her fucking business and acted like the investigation didn’t even exist. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

I'm fine keeping it going until justice has prevailed.  I don't know if you've been paying attention but the current leadership isn't interested in working on any of the other stuff aside from tax cuts for the wealthy, anyway. 

31 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

Nope.  That's not Mueller's plan.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

Guys, let's give him the benefit of the doubt.  I'm sure he's totally consistent on this issue, and if we looked at his posts on Shag we'd find him calling for an end to the Benghazi hearings too.

1 hour ago, Orca of Peace said:

you seem confused.  

We have many pressing issues and need to move on as a country. Do the deed, imprison or excommunicate as needed, but move on. 

Simple question: do you prefer accuracy or expediency in regards to justice?

Edited by SmokeyTheBear

24 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Guys, let's give him the benefit of the doubt.  I'm sure he's totally consistent on this issue, and if we looked at his posts on Shag we'd find him calling for an end to the Benghazi hearings too.

not only an end, but those should have never existed. Now that was a real witch hunt. 

1 hour ago, LCHorn said:

I'm fine keeping it going until justice has prevailed.  I don't know if you've been paying attention but the current leadership isn't interested in working on any of the other stuff aside from tax cuts for the wealthy, anyway. 

That is far from true. They have been quite busy

31 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

atd-indictments-0216.png

The Mueller investigation is moving at a historically fast pace.  Ignore the Trump troll pretending to be a lib. 

this presumes the others were not long . I also want this over by December, not tomorrow since that's impossible but preferable. A period of 10-12 months should be enough for any investigation and comparing this to other prolonged ones isn't a logical comparison. 

• Fuck You 1

13 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

this presumes the others were not long . I also want this over by December, not tomorrow since that's impossible but preferable. A period of 10-12 months should be enough for any investigation and comparing this to other prolonged ones isn't a logical comparison. 

That is a reasonable amount of time assuming they are not being obstructed.

14 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

How can you justify setting a timeline without understanding the full scope of the investigation?

The Mueller investigation is at the very least 5 different investigations and it’s really more like 10+

1. Trump obstruction investigation (criminal)

2.  Russian hacking investigation (criminal/counterintelligence)

3.  Russian social media influence operation (criminal/counterintelligence)

4.  Trump campaign collusion (criminal/counterintelligence)

5. Trump/GOP financial crimes and campaign violations (criminal) 

Comparing this Special Counsel investigation to other Special Counsel investigations isn't logical. I mean they're literally the only comparable situations in history but you can't compare them.

Truly you have a dizzying intellect.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The Mueller investigation is at the very least 5 different investigations and it’s really more like 10+

1. Trump obstruction investigation (criminal)

2.  Russian hacking investigation (criminal/counterintelligence)

3.  Russian social media influence operation (criminal/counterintelligence)

4.  Trump campaign collusion (criminal/counterintelligence)

5. Trump/GOP financial crimes and campaign violations (criminal) 

And that's the crazy thing the orcas of the world seem to gloss over. A major part of this is understanding the impact of Russia in our elections. So let's just rush all this through because Trump doesn't like it?

14 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Comparing this Special Counsel investigation to other Special Counsel investigations isn't logical. I mean they're literally the only comparable situations in history but you can't compare them.

Truly you have a dizzying intellect.

lol, the chart itself is a comparison. 

25 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

No, using an arbitrary number of months you pull from your ass isn't logical.  Comparing to previous investigations of the same type is as logical as it gets. 

18 minutes ago, retread said:

Praise be!  Look, the orange cheeto solved the water crisis with respect to the wildfires.  I expect a triumphal tweet lauding his own exploits to be celebrated on par with those on the actual fire lines.

8 hours ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

So our parents ran up the bill so that we can figure out how to pay for it.  Good job Boomers.

Also they’re declaring for bankruptcy at a higher rate than ever because they didn’t save any money:

The percent of bankrupt filers age 65-74 has increased almost 500 percent since 1991, growing from 2.1 percent of the bankrupt population to 12.2 percent in 2016. Even adjusting for increased numbers of older Americans, older people are still more likely to seek protection in bankruptcy courts than in prior decades.

26 minutes ago, heso said:

Also they’re declaring for bankruptcy at a higher rate than ever because they didn’t save any money:

The percent of bankrupt filers age 65-74 has increased almost 500 percent since 1991, growing from 2.1 percent of the bankrupt population to 12.2 percent in 2016. Even adjusting for increased numbers of older Americans, older people are still more likely to seek protection in bankruptcy courts than in prior decades.

This is probably skewed quite a bit by people gaming Medicare/Medicaid benefits for LTC coverage towards end of life.  I would love to see an analysis around the medical issue specifically, but what exactly are the downsides to declaring bankruptcy towards end of life with a little bit of planning?

Unrelated but didn’t want to start new thread:

A West Virginia House committee on Tuesday reportedly voted to impeach the entire state Supreme Court. 

The state's House Judiciary Committee approved 14 articles of impeachment against all four sitting justices of the West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals, the Charleston Gazette-Mail reported

The charges against the sitting justices include "unnecessary and lavish" spending of taxpayer dollars, maladministration, corruption and neglect of duty, according to the newspaper.

For the most part, the justices face allegations that they used state resources and money to line their pockets and fund their lifestyles, it added.

Chief Justice Margaret Workman and Justice Robin Davis are reportedly both the subject of four articles of impeachment, while Justice Beth Walker is the subject of two. 

Justice Allen Loughry, who is the subject of eight articles, is facing additional charges related to abusing access to state resources, the newspaper reported. 

Loughry is the subject of a 23-count federal indictment, which includes charges of mail fraud, wire fraud, making false statements to a federal agent multiple times, obstruction of justice and witness tampering, according to the Gazette-Mail. Loughry was suspended from the bench in June, and his trial is slated to begin in October, it noted. 

The articles will next be presented in the full House, the newspaper reported, adding that if they get a majority of the House vote and a two-thirds vote in the Senate, the Senate will start impeachment trials. 

Former Justice Menis Ketchum resigned from the bench last month and pleaded guilty to one count of federal wire fraud last week, according to the newspaper.

The sitting justices each have more than two years left on their terms, according to the Gazette-Mail, which added that they will be barred from seeking public office in West Virginia again if they are impeached. 

http://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/400852-west-virginia-house-committee-votes-to-impeach-entire-state-supreme

48 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:
52 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:
lol, he's using sarcasm to mock you.  You're just too dumb to get it. 

English is hard. Satire in a foreign language is even harder.

Especially when you’re an orca of peace. Makes it that much harder.

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:
1 hour ago, Mojo Hand said:

you are getting frustrated. 

Look, all we need is this thing to finish up fast for the good of the country. I want the bad guys out: prison, fines, removed from positions, whatever. Only a drooling idiot would think this is pro-Trump. and the Benghazi proceedings were 100% garbage. 

38 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

you are getting frustrated. 

Look, all we need is this thing to finish up fast for the good of the country. I want the bad guys out: prison, fines, removed from positions, whatever. Only a drooling idiot would think this is pro-Trump. and the Benghazi proceedings were 100% garbage. 

You are gotten frustrated.

i am troll. I feel my the frustration. Does you? 

Maddow just broadcasted a secret recording of Devin Nunes commenting on the Russia investigation behind close doors.

He basically said if Sessions doesn’t un-recuse and Mueller won’t clear the President then the House is the last line of defense.  That’s why we have to keep the majority or everything goes away.

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:
2 hours ago, Mojo Hand said:

Whether or not he's a Russian troll, I'd just like to take a moment to state how impressed I am with the language skills of our visitors. As an undergrad, I majored in French and one of my minors was German. Moreover, I graduated magna cum laude, having earned a place on either the President's or Dean's list each of my semesters (...granted, at Tceh...).

The concept of not only learning to speak a language from a more distant branch on the Indo-European language tree is fairly impressive. And, If you add in the additional difficulty of using a wholly different phonetic alphabet where many of the characters look the same as our Roman ones (but are pronounced differently), then I really do have to applaud them. That's got to be confusing AF.

So, I say to you: "Bravo, Mssrs. Trolls!"

13 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Maddow just broadcasted a secret recording of Devin Nunes commenting on the Russia investigation behind close doors.

He basically said if Sessions doesn’t un-recuse and Mueller won’t clear the President then the House is the last line of defense.  That’s why we have to keep the majority or everything goes away.

I'd love a shot at kicking that fucker in the balls.

• Like 1