Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

2 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Yep he did. Probably temporary but don’t know the new rules on that here. 

LOL, he went scurrying back to the scatboard crying about how life here isn't fair.  And badmofo is consoling him.  You really can't make this shit up. 

As a Tceh tard, I'd like to come to the defense of my undergrad alma mater. During my time there, most of my friends and acquaintances were either progressive liberals or apolitical. Some were also quite brilliant dirty hippies, including a couple math majors.

I also formed friendships with a shitload of foreign students from all over the world, many of whom I suspect have greatly contributed to the advancement of the West Texas and American economies and social well-being by working very hard in scientific and medical fields.

Sure, Tech has more than its fair share of troglodyte paleo-conservatives but most of them are B school bros and frat douches from DFW who weren't actually there to get an education.

Slorch, I've come to your defense in the past due to some of our shared experiences growing up and being proud Red Raiders. Today, though, you earned every bit of scorn that you got.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Js1 said:

He was on the board of a drug company and would tip off his son to dump shares before bad drug trial news leaked.

From Wikipedia:

In August 2016 Collins purchased 4 million more shares in Innate Immunotherapeutics, making him the largest shareholder at that time. At the same time, Tom Price, a Republican who until September 29, 2017 was the 23rd United States Secretary of Health and Human Services selected by Donald Trump, purchased 400,613 Innate Immunotherapeutics shares valued at $100,000 to $250,000.[95] Senator Ron Wyden (D-Oregon) raised potential concerns about Price's Innate Immunotherapeutics investments which "could be affected by legislation that comes before Congress."[95] Innate Immunotherapeutics acquired Amplia Therapeutics in April, 2018.[96] Collins is no longer a director of Innate Immunotherapeutics.[97]

In May 2017, White House ethics investigators "began probing Collins for his role in recruiting investors to buy stock in [Innate Immunotherapeutics] after several complaints were filed".[98] Members of Congress are explicitly barred from trading stocks using insider information.[98] In October 2017, the Office of Congressional Ethics (OCE) said they had "substantial reason" to believe that Collins had improperly used his public office to benefit Innate, and had forwarded nonpublic information to other investors.[99] The OCE said Collins sent nonpublic information to investors about drug trials and that he visited the National Institutes of Health to discuss a drug's clinical trial, saying that this violated House ethics rules.[99] The House Ethics Committee did not appoint a subcommittee to continue investigating Collins' case.[100]

On August 8, 2018 it was announced that Collins, alongside his son Cameron, will be charged by the Justice Department with insider trading.[101]

58 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Seems dotus has been quiet the last day or so.  Is he actually listening to his people telling him not to tweet about the tower meeting anymore?

He's on vacation so spending time golfing I'm guessing. Nothing will change him. 

48 minutes ago, Bevo VIII said:

Should make a thread “Hugo Stiglitz META Thread of Shit He Thinks Deserves It’s Own Thread”

For me new threads serve a certain purpose. They concentrate a conversation around a certain topic and produce better discussions that are easier to follow that the mega threads saturated with noise and nonsense.

The shaggy anti-new threads mentality is still baffling to me but I’m just a caveman and not yet on the shagsters superior plane of existence.

Unfrozen+Cave+Man+Lawyer.jpg

24 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Is that bad?

Not as bad as this:

Budget watchers have warned that interest payments — the amount the Treasury has to pay just to service the debt ‘— are slated to become the fastest-growing annual expenditure.

CBO projects that in 30 years, the government will spend more on servicing debt than on Social Security or defense.

Welcome to the spiral.

Hey at least the current debt disaster has the added benefit of being completely unnecessary and a waste of an opportunity to pay it down during solid economic times.    It'll be awesome when we actually need to borrow during the next recession. 

Edited by Mojo Hand
  • Like 3

y'all 'member how the deficit was why Obama was the worstest president ever, and we were in crisis, and only the GOP could save us?

usgs_chartDp01f.png

I 'member.  I 'member how the alarm about the massive deficit created in response to the 2008 financial crisis was legitimately scary.  Then I remember folks ignoring the significant downward trend starting in 2012.

And now, I notice this:

usgs_chartDp02f.png

If you'd have told the deficit hawks who were so vigilant under Obama that in 2016, one of the candidates would be putting us on track for that chart, they'd have shouted "WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T VOTE FOR THAT CANDIDATE!"  But, he's a Repub.  So, MAGA, and deficits are now a GOOD thing, because MAGA.

The utterly de-pantsing levels of hypocrisy here are definitely chuckle-worthy.

• Like 4

What is the jt method? I didnt realize there were alternative schools of thought in ranking women in photos. 

jt’s method is to count them left to right, and then rank those numbers in reverse order of preference.
Apparently a minority of people do it that way and had no idea people do it any other way, similar to people who wipe standing up and aren’t aware that anybody wipes sitting down.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

jt’s method is to count them left to right, and then rank those numbers in reverse order of preference.
Apparently a minority of people do it that way and had no idea people do it any other way, similar to people who wipe standing up and aren’t aware that anybody wipes sitting down.

People wipe standing up?  Gross.

13 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

LOL, he went scurrying back to the scatboard crying about how life here isn't fair.  And badmofo is consoling him.  You really can't make this shit up. 

That really is pretty funny. Those two were made for each other. 

I hereby withdraw all troll accusations I’ve ever made against those two. They are both certifiable and authentic nut jobs. MAGA!