Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

16 minutes ago, TornACL said:

Is anybody in the R party going to have the stones to primary this fucker?

Jeff Flake!

Oh wait no, he's going to wait until 2024 and swoop in to white-knight all the centrists and moderate Republicans back in the fold.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

to be fair, the Dems believe FOX to be fake news (which it is IMO), hyperbole and half-truths, the severe bias - so if the other side does it, then what? 

Substance: there is no "side" that does this. There is only one major news outlet (Buzzword alert: MSM) that has built its brand on opinion news and falsehoods. That is Fox News. Now Trump and Co will point to every little mistake a media outlet makes and point to it to say, "Look! They do it too! It's ok because both sides do it!". Not only is this disingenuous, it is right out of Russia's playbook for normalizing corruption and other bad acts. The difference being, other media outlets do not make mistakes out of strategy but out of a need of getting information out first for the profitability factors. They also make sure to do the right thing and publish corrections. Fox does it to force agendas by skewing the perspective of their viewers. Major difference in intent. 

But you knew that. 

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Do you realize how stupid you sound when you say this?

To y’all?  Of course.  That’s why I said it.

The real question is: Who gives a fuck about the processing of immigrants until they are actual citizens?  They can fucking wait.  Why the rush job?   

November is looming...

Edited by slorch

The EPA is opening the door to more Asbestos use in manufacturing and building, because, why not?

The U.S. is one of the only developed nations in the world that has placed significant restrictions on the substance without banning it completely.  New data revealed that asbestos-related deaths now total nearly 40,000 annually, with lung cancer and mesothelioma being the most common illnesses in association with the toxin.

https://archpaper.com/2018/08/epa-asbestos-manufacturing/

2 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

So... do the sanctions have a point? Like the whole point of the sanctions before was to bring them to the table. We did that, and we struck a deal with them. Now we back out of the deal and impose more sanctions. Does he see the point of sanctions as just having sanctions in place for their own sake?  Are we holding out until Iran can somehow deliver WORLD PEACE?

Edited by Thermos H. Christ

24 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Substance: there is no "side" that does this. There is only one major news outlet (Buzzword alert: MSM) that has built its brand on opinion news and falsehoods. That is Fox News. Now Trump and Co will point to every little mistake a media outlet makes and point to it to say, "Look! They do it too! It's ok because both sides do it!". Not only is this disingenuous, it is right out of Russia's playbook for normalizing corruption and other bad acts. The difference being, other media outlets do not make mistakes out of strategy but out of a need of getting information out first for the profitability factors. They also make sure to do the right thing and publish corrections. Fox does it to force agendas by skewing the perspective of their viewers. Major difference in intent. 

But you knew that. 

MSNBC is far left, CNN is center left, so there is a bias there. I think we all agree on these 2 outlets. So what if the POTUS is bashing them all the time? So what if a Dem would bash FOX? I agree that FOX is blatantly and purposefully bias, the other side not so much but the bias is still there. To say the liberal media is not biased is out of touch with reality.

• Fuck You 1

9 minutes ago, Thermos H. Christ said:

So... do the sanctions have a point? Like the whole point of the sanctions before was to bring them to the table. We did that, and we struck a deal with them. Now we back out of the deal and impose more sanctions. Does he see the point of sanctions as just having sanctions in place for their own sake?  Are we holding out until Iran can somehow deliver WORLD PEACE?

The point is "be a dick".  That's as far as it goes.  Or there's money in it for him somehow.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

MSNBC is far left, CNN is center left, so there is a bias there. I think we all agree on these 2 outlets. So what if the POTUS is bashing them all the time? So what if a Dem would bash FOX? I agree that FOX is blatantly and purposefully bias, the other side not so much but the bias is still there. To say the liberal media is not biased is out of touch with reality.

Everyone is biased by their own experiences in life. It is part of communication to understand that piece of information and vet it. There is a simple bias of stating your point of view and a whole other type of bias when creating a false reality. 

13 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Everyone is biased by their own experiences in life. It is part of communication to understand that piece of information and vet it. There is a simple bias of stating your point of view and a whole other type of bias when creating a false reality. 

sure, MSNBC and CNN paint their own reality but not as blatantly as FOX.  Ever watch MSNBC? It's a collection of SJWs, kinda cute. 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

The EPA is opening the door to more Asbestos use in manufacturing and building, because, why not?

The U.S. is one of the only developed nations in the world that has placed significant restrictions on the substance without banning it completely.  New data revealed that asbestos-related deaths now total nearly 40,000 annually, with lung cancer and mesothelioma being the most common illnesses in association with the toxin.

https://archpaper.com/2018/08/epa-asbestos-manufacturing/

18 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

sure, MSNBC and CNN paint their own reality but not as blatantly as FOX.  Ever watch MSNBC? It's a collection of SJWs, kinda cute. 

None seem to do it so well as you. Or perhaps you use other painters. Same difference, comrade.

32 minutes ago, slorch said:

The real question is: Who gives a fuck about the processing of immigrants until they are actual citizens?  They can fucking wait.  Why the rush job?   

As always, you completely miss the point.  And quite frankly, your question doesn't even make any sense whatsoever.  By the way, no one is proposing legislation to rush immigrants to citizenship. This proposed legislation is not in response to anything.

I mean this as a serious question. Do you take even 10 seconds to think about issues before you throw your kneejerk reactions onto this board?

10 minutes ago, TornACL said:

As always, you completely miss the point.  And quite frankly, your question doesn't even make any sense whatsoever.  By the way, no one is proposing legislation to rush immigrants to citizenship. This proposed legislation is not in response to anything.

I mean this as a serious question. Do you take even 10 seconds to think about issues before you throw your kneejerk reactions onto this board?

No. Just reflecting the typical responses by many on left. 

If it's an auto-neg, might as well make it worthy...

Y'all don't give a fuck about anything reasonable, so why do it?  

The high road matters in real life, but it damned sure diesnt matter in Surly politics. 

Fuck it. Y'all get what you want. Rock on, MFers.  

8 minutes ago, slorch said:

The high road matters in real life, but it damned sure diesnt matter in Surly politics. 

You're (intellectually) lazier than any immigrant I've ever met, that's for fucking sure.

I would love to know who these imaginary people rushed into citizenship are.  The immigrants I know who became citizens all had to be here for well over a decade before they could become citizens.  But Trump and Slorch have invented a solution in search of an imaginary problem.

7 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

I would love to know who these imaginary people rushed into citizenship are.  The immigrants I know who became citizens all had to be here for well over a decade before they could become citizens.  But Trump and Slorch have invented a solution in search of an imaginary problem.

and that shit is really expensive too

9 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

Slorch can't even properly understand or articulate his OWN position. Yet somehow he knows what all "the lefties" are going to say. Fucking clown show.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, slorch said:

Keep an eye on those lefty libs you've been hearing about on the radio. They have agendas and want illegal immigrants here for their votes. They hate America and white people. They keep black people on the plantation. They're not fiscally responsible like the upstanding Christians of the right, you know, the adults who elected the most adultiest of adults: Donald Trump.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

Not that he cares, or will acknowledge, but this "rush" - from filing your naturalization for citizenship application to being sworn in at an oath ceremony - up to 2 years in some cases. And this is AFTER they do their 5 (work-based) or 3 (family-based) time as green card holders.

Anyone wanting to be a citizen since Trump was elected - SO THE DEMS CAN MAKE GIVE THEM ALL THE RIGHT TO VOTE - won't even be able to vote until 2021 at the earliest.  Some of them will be lucky to be able to vote by 2022 midterms.

Edited by Js1

Keep an eye on those lefty libs you've been hearing about on the radio. They have agendas and want illegal immigrants here for their votes. They hate America and white people. They keep black people on the plantation. They're not fiscally responsible like the upstanding Christians of the right, you know, the adults who elected the most adultiest of adults: Donald Trump.

Oh, he didn’t vote for or support Trump. No sir

12 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

I was honored to witness a buddy in college become an American citizen.  He was born to Egyptian parents who lived in Beirut.  He was a super smart engineering student who has forged an incredible career in Colorado.

I wonder if he'll eventually be stripped of his citizenship and deported.