Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

3 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Hugo, the disconnect here is it seems that this is all a game to you. You enjoy the political gamesmanship going on, the Russia angle, pumping up "woke" Republicans, trolling of Republicans, etc. 

The rest of us are sick of all of this shit. No more half measures.  Fuck all of these Republicans and Democrats talking tough while sitting on their hands. Anyone "on the fence" at this point can fuck right off.  We will applaud ACTION, not rhetoric. 

I understand this point of view completely.

I just don’t think it’s pragmatic if you really want Trump removed.  This is political warfare.  The weapons are influence and rhetoric. Jeff Flake could vote against all of Trump’s agenda and it won’t make a shit of difference in the grand scheme of things.  He needs to motivate others to his position through his words.  He needs to shape public opinion to his side.  Voting against the republicans would only alienate his position further and could be counter productive to persuading others to seeing things the way he does.

I get it, Flake is making political calculations with his own self interest and you hate that, everyone does.  But if done appropriately, it could help accomplish the ultimate outcome your looking for (removal of Trump).

Yeah, they should be all “FUCK TRUMP” but they’re not going to get there by  one guy obstructing his agenda. A coalition must be built first. 

24 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

Cohen deserves some awards for this shit, if nothing else for being able to keep a straight face when talking to these idiots. 

100% this.   Especially when he goes in for the kill asking Arpaio if he'd take a blowjob from Trump.  How he does that with a straight face is incredible.

41 minutes ago, 27-25 said:

What in God's name is he talking about?  Is this the later stages of Syphilis making its presence known?

My guess is there are limits on how much water you can pull out of California rivers.  One could imagine a situation where mankind uses all of the fresh water before it hits the Pacific, or more likely the Bay water basin, so there would be basically no river at the bay limits. I doubt mankind would be setting up sprinklers in the forest, so it's still a stupid point, but my guess is that he is trying to leverage this disaster as justifications to unwind environmental protections.

Edited by Tuco
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

There's been no real debate in the realm of science for a long time. The only "debate" is in the political realm where Republicans in America, funded by the fossil fuel industry, perpetuate their science denial. 

I was visiting the folks in OKC, better known as the belly of the beast, over the weekend.  It seems Oklahoma has drastically cut back on fracking and the earthquakes stopped?  That's what I heard, not sure if it's true or not.  Either way, if they're even thinking about backing off on destroying the environment...you know there must be some very obvious symptoms. 

23 minutes ago, Native Horn said:

^^He prefers the Marine Corps of Engineers to handle dihydrogen oxide issues.

I guarantee you Trump has no idea what dihydrogen oxide is and would outlaw it's use if he thought Obama had anything to do with it.

9 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I was visiting the folks in OKC, better known as the belly of the beast, over the weekend.  It seems Oklahoma has drastically cut back on fracking and the earthquakes stopped?  That's what I heard, not sure if it's true or not.  Either way, if they're even thinking about backing off on destroying the environment...you know there must be some very obvious symptoms. 

sort of:

TULSA, Okla. (AP) — Oklahoma's 4.0 earthquakes are up significantly this year, but the overall rate of earthquakes is declining.

Oklahoma has had six quakes of at least magnitude 4.0 halfway through this year, which is one more than all of last year. But the overall rate of earthquakes has declined, with 96 quakes of magnitude 3.0 or greater through June 30, compared with 144 at this point last year and 302 by the end of 2017, the Tulsa World reported. A magnitude 4.6 in April near Perry was the 12th largest in state history.

Scientists are largely seeing earthquakes on unmapped faults that were activated in 2014 by wastewater injection, said state seismologist Jake Walter. Scientists are researching specific mechanisms by which the state's ongoing seismicity is triggered, he said. Wastewater can trigger the initial earthquakes, but quakes themselves can lead to more quakes.

"So in some ways the wastewater injection has created a new paradigm that defies how we would categorize main shocks and aftershocks if this were a fault that had slipped in a more natural setting," he said.

Walter said that Oklahoma's seismic risk appears to be similar to the latest hazard forecast put out by the U.S. Geological Survey in March. The agency calculated Oklahoma's short-term hazard levels to be similar to active regions in California. The chance of earthquake damage in high-hazard areas of Oklahoma this year ranges from 1 percent to 14 percent, "much higher" than most parts of the U.S.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I was visiting the folks in OKC, better known as the belly of the beast, over the weekend. It seems Oklahoma has drastically cut back on fracking and the earthquakes stopped?  That's what I heard, not sure if it's true or not.  Either way, if they're even thinking about backing off on destroying the environment...you know there must be some very obvious symptoms. 

Weird. 

7 minutes ago, RPM said:

I guarantee you Trump has no idea what dihydrogen oxide is and would outlaw it's use if he thought Obama had anything to do with it.

He heard Obama needed dihydrogen oxide to function as President and banned it from the White House.

3 hours ago, babysdaddy said:

The debate going on with Ana is pointless.  Krugman (a moron) wrote an article a while back that I scoffed at when I first read it.  He claimed that debt doesn't matter.  I'm starting to agree with him.  The only thing that matters (and I really don't know how much) is the debt to gdp ratio.  The political argument about enslaving our grandchildren to debt rings pretty hollow to me.  Specifically, if GDP is growing faster than the debt, then maybe the gross number is irrelevant.  We, as a country, are never going to pay back our outstanding debt.  I was shocked to look back and see how many years of surplus we had since WW2 (half of the years took place at the end of Clinton's presidency).  Arguing about what to do, how to do it, and which party is more responsible for our 'problem' seems pretty pointless.   

This, of course, all falls apart if we are no longer the reserve currency of the world....and Dotard's actions threaten that status.  Especially since he's picking a fight with that Country.

These are facts.  Debt doesn't matter - it's the ratio to GDP combined with the Dollar's value.  If the dollar erodes vs other currencies we are in trouble...the truth is we go out of our way to hold the dollar down.  Nobody is going to use any Asian currency as the bellwether any time soon and what else is there?  The euro/pound?  LOL.  You just need to be the best of a shitty bunch.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

55b8f0500dbce.image.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

He has been pushing this outright lie for a while.  Trump quote "The head of U.S. Steel called me the other day, and he said, ‘We’re opening up six major facilities and expanding facilities that have never been expanded.’ They haven’t been opened in many, many years.”

U.S. Steel spokeswoman Meghan Cox had to finally make a statement, saying "President Trump is not privy to any exclusive information."

"All of our operational changes have been publicly announced and all information shared with the federal government has been properly disclosed and made available on our website,"

She repeated later when asked,  "To answer your question, we post all of our major operational announcements to our website and report them on earnings calls."

So basically US Steel had to come out and say, Look people, The President is a fucking pathological liar. 

Edited by SameSame

10 minutes ago, retread said:

Not to mention the president actively undermining the public's confidence in the FBI in order to save his wrinkled orange skin.

To be fair, that is some low hanging fruit.  After all, the FBI allowed a Kremlin stooge to win the presidential election while they were investigating him for being a Kremlin stooge. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

51 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Low information voters

Unskilled white workers were the biggest beneficiaries of the American Dream.  The world changed, and that cushy deal where any uneducated schmuck could fall ass backward into a middle class salary and an affordable home is gone.  Now they’re pissed.  

America finally stopped spoiling these brats, and now they’ll make us sorry for being so unfair and so mean!  ...by greedily reaching for the candy Russia is dangling out of the van window.  Sigh.

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

That's really, really bad for Donald Trump.

Why?  There's still plenty of stupid, uneducated white folks.  They were enough to get him elected, when you tacked on enough other folks who said "fuck it, let's try something crazy."

41 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Why?  There's still plenty of stupid, uneducated white folks.  They were enough to get him elected, when you tacked on enough other folks who said "fuck it, let's try something crazy."

US Census estimates white uneducated voters are ~ 43% of the total electorate.  If the Gallup poll is correct, then for every 1,000 voters, Trump should capture 415 votes, and "other" should capture 585 votes.  Obviously that's popular vote, so it doesn't represent the electoral college skew, but it's a significant drop from the 47.2% of the vote he captured in 2016.

It's also fuzzy as hell, but so be it.  It's not an upward trend, that's for sure.

Edited by jimmyjazz

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

The other folks probably aren’t too keen on Trump these days.

Plus Hillary still won’t be on the ballot, and Pelosi will only be on it in one district of one state.