Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

1 hour ago, markstanco said:

Correct. If Obama had a 3rd term or Hillary got elected then Alcoa, Nuco steel, and Gerdeau steel would be opening plants left and right like they did the previous 8 years. 

Oh wait....this just coming in....none of those plants were opening shit or hiring like they are today. 

Good things are happening to America and you dipshits are worried about his Twitter account. LOL! 

I was a Republican and am doing rather well, too. Are you going to make these people pull up the billion graphics showing Trump just continued what Obama had started on the economic recovery?  Please don’t make them do that.  Wtf is wrong with you?  

You think the twitter account is what everyone is upset about?  Start wearing a mask so you don’t huff all that noxious bullshit at your work sites.  JFC

Not to mention this mango colored turd is literally the opposite of a fiscal conservative.  Fuck up trade for his hillbilly backers in Iowa?  No problem, he’ll just gift them a few billion. GTFO

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, markstanco said:

Correct. If Obama had a 3rd term or Hillary got elected then Alcoa, Nuco steel, and Gerdeau steel would be opening plants left and right like they did the previous 8 years. 

Oh wait....this just coming in....none of those plants were opening shit or hiring like they are today. 

Good things are happening to America and you dipshits are worried about his Twitter account. LOL! 

Job growth and wage growth have both been worse in Trump’s first 18 months than in Obama’s last 18 months.

• Like 2

I was a Republican and am doing rather well, too. Are you going to make these people pull up the billion graphics showing Trump just continued what Obama had started on the economic recovery?  Please don’t make them do that.  Wtf is wrong with you?  
You think the twitter account is what everyone is upset about?  Start wearing a mask so you don’t huff all that noxious bullshit at your work sites.  JFC
Not to mention this mango colored turd is literally the opposite of a fiscal conservative.  Fuck up trade for his hillbilly backers in Iowa?  No problem, he’ll just gift them a few billion. GTFO
As my original post said, we have hired new employees, a ton of overtime, business is booming. 2 years ago we were at 4 day work weeks and considering going to 3. A competitor was at 20 million in sales and went to 5 under Obama.

But yea, totally lucky that trump guy is to be able to coattail what Obama was putting in place just before he left office.
  • Fuck You 1

You were fine with it under Obama. But now it's bad? If you can point out where you weren't then props.

Double standard regards,

Deficit spending in response to a recession? Nobody is thrilled with it, but there’s a sound basis for it.

Creating even LARGER DEFICITS THAN OBAMA DID (yes, in spite of what your wife tells you, size matters)...while the economy is relatively healthy? It makes zero sense.

As my original post said, we have hired new employees, a ton of overtime, business is booming. 2 years ago we were at 4 day work weeks and considering going to 3. A competitor was at 20 million in sales and went to 5 under Obama.

But yea, totally lucky that trump guy is to be able to coattail what Obama was putting in place just before he left office.

Which specific policies implemented by Trump (not words, but actions) actually contributed to your new and improved circumstances? And, bonus points - if you can cite to any such policies, what are their costs?
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, markstanco said:

You were fine with it under Obama. But now it's bad? If you can point out where you weren't then props.

Double standard regards,

It's justified during a severe recession, and unjustified during a solid expansion.   It's a very consistent, rational standard. 

We were in a recession from 2010-2016?  Interesting.

Seems to me that stanco's point regarding the general course that bitching about deficit spending take, a political path rather than an economic justification holds true. 

Edited by Anastasis
  • Fuck You 1

12 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Creating even LARGER DEFICITS THAN OBAMA DID (yes, in spite of what your wife tells you, size matters)...while the economy is relatively healthy? It makes zero sense.

Nothing about our fiscal policy and approach makes any fucking sense. That's not particularly novel to Jan 2017. 

10 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Seems to me that stanco's point regarding the general course that bitching about deficit spending take, a political path rather than an economic justification holds true. 

As you well know, we were still in a fragile recovery, and tapered down deficits during that time as the economy took off.

wsjfed.png

Now we've reversed course under Trump.   That is a marked difference.   

Edited by Mojo Hand

13 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Jesus, man.  You are smarter than this.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

As you well know, we were still in a fragile recovery, and tapered down deficits during that time as the economy took off.

wsjfed.png

Now we've reversed course under Trump.   That is a marked difference.   

When did the fragile recovery end?  I don't recall a lot of wailing from the Democrats about deficit spending until post Jan 2017.

11 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I find nothing positive in that graph.  Add the Trump years, and I will hold the same position. 

Regardless of whether you find positive in that graph, the question under discussion is whether that progression under Obama is equivalent to:

Edited by Mojo Hand

4 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The end result of active measures is your enemy sees you as a benign alternative compared to his fellow countrymen.  Accomplish this and you can take your opponent without firing a single shot.

Dj2gigqUwAAKKy1?format=jpg&name=medium

Party > Country

The new GOP motto.

3 hours ago, Grandioso said:

The retribution will be strong if Dems take congress. There are going to be hearings all day from 6am until 10pm six days a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If that keeps them from legislating, it's a win. 

35 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

We were in a recession from 2010-2016?  Interesting.*

Seems to me that stanco's point regarding the general course that bitching about deficit spending take, a political path rather than an economic justification holds true. **

*We were and still are in a sustained expansion with the worst starting point in 80 years, one that was fueled by and took advantage of prior capital investments in technology (particularly ERP and CRM systems) that automated many categories of routine work. 

**Oh, I guess in that case it doesn't matter to you personally because #bothsides, so you might as well carry the water for debt financing fiscal stimulus forever because you're like a libertarian or some other category of Really Serious Thinker.

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

The deficit, out of control spending, and reckless fiscal policy is absolutely a #bothsides issue. 

I hope you democrats prove me wrong in 2020 when you address government spending in a substantive way.  I'll be right here waiting for you to rub my nose in it. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

The deficit, out of control spending, and reckless fiscal policy is absolutely a #bothsides issue.

I hope you democrats prove me wrong in 2020 when you address government spending in a substantive way.  I'll be right here waiting for you to rub my nose in it. 

Like you gave a shit when you were rooting for the tax bill to pass. There's no real difference between deficit spending and debt financing a tax cut during an expansion(which you've supported 3 times since we've been on boards together). You're still cheering while your kids get robbed.  Yeah, but totally both sides. One of which you are on, you just act like you aren't.

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Like 5

I liked to imagine my executive looking like an Aaron Sorkin film with everyone walking around talking quickly about important topics and getting shit done as efficiently as possible because running a 300,000,000 person country is an overwhelming task for mere mortals.  Turns out it is just an old man sitting with his Android phone fat fingering tweets all day.  

15 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Like you gave a shit when you were rooting for the tax bill to pass. There's no real difference between deficit spending and debt financing a tax cut during an expansion. You're still cheering while your kids get robbed.  Yeah, but totally both sides. One of which you are on, you just act like you aren't.

You supported the corporate portion of the tax reform. Your problem was with the individual side.  Which is fine. But I have been quite clear wrt taxes on the individual side.  I do not support any tax increases until our representatives can demonstrate commitment to controlling spending. You democrats will have your chance soon enough to prove to me that you are serious about the deficit. Shit, get on the Beto train Bozo and push for a balanced budget amendment. 

11 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

You supported the corporate portion of the tax reform. Your problem was with the individual side.  Which is fine. But I have been quite clear wrt taxes on the individual side.  I do not support any tax increases until our representatives can demonstrate commitment to controlling spending. You democrats will have your chance soon enough to prove to me that you are serious about the deficit. Shit, get on the Beto train Bozo and push for a balanced budget amendment. 

No, that's not true. I said the corporate rate should be cut and said I would have supported a cut to around 27%, not 21%. And I don't support a balanced budget amendment because the ability to apply stimulus is an important tool to remediate demand collapse and eliminating that tool would be stupid. 

I don't speak for "Democrats". I vote for Democrats usually and speak for me always. You speak in defense of Republican policy usually, because #bothsides. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

No, that's not true. I said the corporate rate should be cut and said I would have supported a cut to around 27%, not 21%. And I don't support a balanced budget amendment because the ability to apply stimulus is an important tool to remediate demand collapse and eliminating that tool would be stupid. 

I don't speak for "Democrats". I vote for Democrats usually and speak for me always. You speak in defense of Republican policy usually, because #bothsides. 

You acknowledge that corporate tax reform was necessary. You don't support a balanced budget. I am not defending "Republican" policy. I will support any policy that reduces tax burden on American families. I would be willing to consider increasing taxes on the meat of the tax paying distribution if that was coupled with substantive decreases in spending, with aims to reduce deficit and ultimately debt. If you can't see the fact that the cancerous fiscal course that we have chosen is a #bothsides issue., well that's on you.  

5 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The end result of active measures is your enemy sees you as a benign alternative compared to his fellow countrymen.  Accomplish this and you can take your opponent without firing a single shot.

Dj2gigqUwAAKKy1?format=jpg&name=medium

Two guys on SS which was passed by Democrats.

Love it or leave it.  GTFO.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

You acknowledge that corporate tax reform was necessary*. You don't support a balanced budget. I am not defending "Republican" policy**. I will support any policy that reduces tax burden on American families***. I would be willing to consider increasing taxes on the meat of the tax paying distribution if that was coupled with substantive decreases in spending***, with aims to reduce deficit and ultimately debt*****. If you can't see the fact that the cancerous fiscal course that we have chosen is a #bothsides issue., well that's on you. ****** 

*There's a huge difference between a 27% corp rate and a 21% rate, because math. I'm against a 21% cut and for a 27% cut because math. I'm pro math. You're pro-Republican.

** Lulz

***Even the dumb ones, tee hee!

****And yet you support tax cuts when they increase spending, see **

***** Which is something, again, that you have demonstrated no political support for, ever.

****** And one of those sides is the side you carry water for here, because it's YOUR side. 

And I don't support a balanced budget amendment, you're Goddamn right. I support surpluses during expansion and stimulus during collapse, and balanced budgets the rest of the time. And for that reason I don't support a balanced budget amendment, because situations in real life don't conform to ideological fantasy. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Like 7

13 minutes ago, RPM said:

The way to pay off a debt is to reduce income?

It's pretty simple. We spend more on military than any other country in the world by a multiple. We need major reform to Medicare and SS. We don't have an income problem, we have a spending problem. Don't worry man, Democrats gonna fix this. Bozo outside telling us that our fiscal course is not a #bothsides issue. 

discretionary_spending_pie,_2015_enacted

26 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

And I don't support a balanced budget amendment, you're Goddamn right. I support surpluses during expansion and stimulus during collapse, and balanced budgets the rest of the time. And for that reason I don't support a balanced budget amendment, because situations in real life don't conform to ideological fantasy. 

So you would support a BBA that incorporates some guardrails relative to GDP or some other measure of economic health?  We can make baby steps. Or maybe you just tell me more about ideological fantasy. 

Edited by Anastasis