Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

6 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:
1 hour ago, Newdoc said:
I realize Twitter continues to give Trump enough rope to hang himself but come on, this country would be a better place if someone took away his account.

Why would we want that? Then we wouldn't know what he is up to

Eh, he would just start using Facebook or Instagram.  

Nixon had some redeeming qualities, even on the policy side.

He created the EPA

Signed Title IX into law which was great for women’s rights

Ended the draft 

Helped lowered the voting age from 21 to 18

Opened China, SALT, ABM, Detente 

However, Nixon was a crook and had to go but his administration wasn’t a complete failure and he wasn’t a traitor.

The only thing Trump can really take credit for is cutting his own taxes. 

SAD!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

lolz no

This post is like some chick on coke at a party saying “I feel so incredible don’t you feel incredible I feel incredible”

Ok,  care to substantiate how unemployment is through the roof and the economy is in the terlet?

Don't give me any bullshit about "living wage"  for sitting on your ass/ not having any responsibility either.  Opportunity abounds for those who seek it.

Our economy is robust and people are fighting to get in and be a part of it.

united-states-gdp-growth.png?s=gdp%2Bcqo

I understand in this house, we don't say anything positive about The Donald, but holy fuck.  at least be honest.

Edited by slorch

54 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Not a chance.  In fact, I think it's pretty damn likely Trump will double down, as he always does.  And his fans will lap it up.

It will be interesting to see. He def turned a corner a while back. Maybe in his comments about Canada or his comments before NATO, but he's even more brazen.

11 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

President Trump pushed the "Good Economy" button, ya dummy

His second year is substantially better than his first, and his first wasn't shitty.  In the business world, we usually consider that a good trend.

Again, this is not ignoring the social ills of the Trump presidency.  Just pointing out that it isn't all doom and gloom.

Edited by slorch

6 minutes ago, slorch said:

His second year is substantially better than his first, and his first wasn't shitty.  In the business world, we usually consider that a good trend.

The continuation of a pre-existing trend. I guess Barry Switzer is the best NFL coach of all time based on his immediate success.

5 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

The continuation of a pre-existing trend. I guess Barry Switzer is the best NFL coach of all time based on his immediate success.

If he had won a second SB, you might have a point...

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Trump is as responsible for the economic numbers as you are.

He didn’t do a fucking thing. 

I disagree with this. The tax cut is showing plenty of short term success while we increased our speed off the cliff without cutting the bloat.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, slorch said:

Again, this is not ignoring the social ills of the Trump presidency.  Just pointing out that it isn't all doom and gloom.

The economic trends you're talking about started in March 2009. This is the Obama economy.

• Like 1

Y'all remember when the unemployment rate was 30% in December of 2016 and people were starving in the streets?  Remember how the second Trump put his hand on the Bible it shot down to sub 5% levels?

Slorch remembers.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Trump is as responsible for the economic numbers as you are.

He didn’t do a fucking thing. 

But don't you see, Slorch said WE in the business world.  He is also a jenyus businessman like Donald.

Another day, another alternative fact.

https://www.politico.eu/article/donald-trump-claims-queen-elizabeth-kept-him-waiting-uk-us-media/

U.S. President Donald Trump told supporters that Queen Elizabeth II kept him waiting during his first official visit to the United Kingdom, blaming the media for reporting he’d been the one who was late for their meeting.

Speaking at a rally in Pennsylvania on Thursday, Trump claimed he had actually arrived 15 minutes early for his meeting with the “incredible” queen, slamming the “fake, fake, disgusting news” media reports that noted he had been the one who was late.

The president’s visit to Britain was broadcast live on television, including footageof the 92-year-old queen waiting for Trump for 12 minutes and looking at her watch.

“I landed and I’m on the ground and I’m waiting with the king’s and the queen’s guards,” Trump told his supporters. “I’m waiting. I was about 15 minutes early and I’m waiting with my wife and that’s fine. Hey, it’s the queen, right? We can wait. But I’m a little early.”

GettyImages-997846460-714x476.jpg

15 minutes ago, Tom said:

Y'all remember when the unemployment rate was 30% in December of 2016 and people were starving in the streets?  Remember how the second Trump put his hand on the Bible it shot down to sub 5% levels?

Slorch remembers.

You're right.

It did not improve.  It is NOT at the lowest rate since 2000.

Edited by slorch

20 minutes ago, Js1 said:

But don't you see, Slorch said WE in the business world.  He is also a jenyus businessman like Donald.

Simple concept, but I'll explain it for you of course:  When someone takes over;  they might markedly spike the first year due to the predecessor sucking mightily( not necessarily the case with BHO,) sudden market shifts, or straight up luck.

The second year is a better measure of personal impact.

I didn't say Trump is the best ever or a superhero.  Is the economy declining?

Edited by slorch

17 hours ago, Whitman said:

You do know that Falwell, Jr is the president of a University.   It's his brother Jonathan who is the pastor at Thomas Road Baptist .

Bullshit. Falwell, Jr is the president of a Megachurch masquerading as a University. 

• Like 1

On the one hand, fuck Donald Trump.
On the other hand, fuck monarchy.

Hate agreeing with BT....but this.

Can’t help it. I have a visceral, instinctive reaction to monarchs. I think their heads would look much better rolling around on the cobblestones.

And of course, Trump wants to be one.

We need to bring back the guillotine.
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

“I landed and I’m on the ground and I’m waiting with the king’s and the queen’s guards,” Trump told his supporters. 

Wait.  Is he referring to himself as "the king?"  I'm fairly certain there isn't currently a King of England.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slorch said:

Hmmmm. Are we sure his second year has been better than his first?

united-states-gdp-growth_2x.png

fredgraph-2.png

Edited by David Dennison

12 minutes ago, Pods said:

Bullshit. Falwell, Jr is the president of a Megachurch masquerading as a University. 

I don't believe that is now true.  In it's early days, Liberty Baptist College was most definitely more of a church than an institution of higher learning, but as it has evolved over the past 20-25 years, academics and accreditation take an important role.  Yes Liberty University is a faith based school, say similar to BYU, but the education in most disciplines offered is now comparable to a mid level state school. 

BTW, I'm not Baptist nor a donor to LU, I just think that your statement is demonstrably false. 

So when Trump landed in the place some people call England (there are a lot of names), and was hanging out with the Queen and nonexistent King's guards while that bitch Queen stood by herself waiting for him, he was actually early?  

Same guy who cited "bad weather" as the reason for not flying by helicopter to Joint Base Andrews when the skies were clear blue?

It's crazy how those fucking libtards and their fake media keep accusing him of lying.

9 minutes ago, Whitman said:

I don't believe that is now true.  In it's early days, Liberty Baptist College was most definitely more of a church than an institution of higher learning, but as it has evolved over the past 20-25 years, academics and accreditation take an important role.  Yes Liberty University is a faith based school, say similar to BYU, but the education in most disciplines offered is now comparable to a mid level state school. 

BTW, I'm not Baptist nor a donor to LU, I just think that your statement is demonstrably false. 

Trumps Presidential Library there will be yuge

32 minutes ago, Whitman said:

Yeah that's not true and it's not because it's faith based or conservative either.

Conservative and Faith Based Schools (USNWR Rankings):

Notre Dame- #18

BYU- #61

Texas A&M- #69

Baylor- #75

Mid Level State Schools:

Iowa State- #115

Illinois State- #159

Texas Tech- #176

West Virginia- #187

Liberty- #231-#300 (they don't rank them individually anymore at this point)

Edited by SimonBolivar

3 hours ago, slorch said:

Sure, that's absolutely my thought process at the polls, "   Which one of these sumbeeches will drive the CR craziest?"

The wild ass reactions from the leftists are merely comic relief to a continually worsening situation in our White House.  I get pissed off at the POTUS too, just for different( real) reasons.

I have shared many times that I have not voted FOR a candidate in a Presidential election as an adult.  I am 47.  I am hardly a Trumper or whatever y'all call his following.  If he would stop stirring the pot with everyone, I might appreciate his efforts more.   He's pretty much a despicable human being when it comes to his character and human interactions. That is infecting his ability to lead EVERYONE in this great nation.   I do NOT embrace that phenomenon.

The other choice was no better.  I know y'all don't like hearing that,  but that's how I feel.  

It's all about "feelings" with your kind.