Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

13 hours ago, Tuco said:

It’d be so easy to end DACA, and the judge is practically giving them a road map to do so. You have to wonder if this is like an Obamacare repeal vote: it’s a battle they want to fight but not win. They want to claim they tried to end it, but that activist courts wouldn’t let them. Or they’re just fucking stupid.

It's what they were elected to do.  They lack the sand to do so.

It will cost the GOP  for not acting upon the reasons that drove the 2016 votes.  And by act, I mean follow through and not pussyfoot around while portraying it as if they accomplished something.

Edited by slorch

8 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Isn’t he heading to Ohio to campaign for the special election tonight? And just dissed Ohio’s golden boy, LeBron? 

Smart. 

To be fair, the audience at his rally tonight probably aren't LBJ or NBA fans.

There will be an NFL reference tonight, however.  I'm fairly confident of that.  

23 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Isn’t he heading to Ohio to campaign for the special election tonight? And just dissed Ohio’s golden boy, LeBron? 

Smart. 

He probably figures that Ohio is pissed at him because he signed with the Lakers so his tweets just locked up the state for the Republicans. Of course that long term thinking concedes that he can think about anything past his next Big Mac.

• Like 1

This is part of Trump that i know drives the left nuts, but for this guy, it does too.

Why pick a fight with a guy who is beloved and has" kept his nose clean" wherever he has been, not to mention the more than significant philanthropy in which Mr James has engaged?

Like so many other things with TRump, you end up asking, "WHY?  That's the hill he wants to go die on?"

8 minutes ago, slorch said:

Like so many other things with TRump, you end up asking, "WHYThat's the hill he wants to go die on?"

This is an easy one.

Every crazy thing Trump says and tweets is self serving in some way.  

He’s either congratulating himself or attacking someone (never Putin) to deflect from his own shortcomings/scandals. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

This is an easy one.

Every crazy thing Trump says and tweets is self serving in some way.  

He’s either congratulating himself or attacking someone (never Putin) to deflect from his own shortcomings/scandals. 

NPD, imo.

16 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Bc it makes moron voters like Slorch happy to see “the libs” triggered so they’ll just pull that straight R lever in November 

Sure, that's absolutely my thought process at the polls, "   Which one of these sumbeeches will drive the CR craziest?"

The wild ass reactions from the leftists are merely comic relief to a continually worsening situation in our White House.  I get pissed off at the POTUS too, just for different( real) reasons.

I have shared many times that I have not voted FOR a candidate in a Presidential election as an adult.  I am 47.  I am hardly a Trumper or whatever y'all call his following.  If he would stop stirring the pot with everyone, I might appreciate his efforts more.   He's pretty much a despicable human being when it comes to his character and human interactions. That is infecting his ability to lead EVERYONE in this great nation.   I do NOT embrace that phenomenon.

The other choice was no better.  I know y'all don't like hearing that,  but that's how I feel.  

Edited by slorch

10 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

bc he can't see a black man earn more respect than him

Very much this. Hell, it's very possible he never would have truly campaigned for the presidency in 2016 had Obama not made him look like a fool at the correspondents' dinner in 2011. In Trump's twisted mind no one on this planet is more intelligent, thoughtful, successful, etc. than him. He honestly believes he's the most gifted person on the planet. Maybe the greatest to ever live. There's no way in hell he's going to be bettered by black men in any regard.

11 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

Have to think LeBron is pretty damn popular in Ohio even after the move to LA. He brought them a championship and has made clear Cleveland will always be home.

Yeah, like I said on the previous page....I just have this feeling that the Trump fans at tonight's klan rally  campaign event probably aren't LBJ fans to begin with.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

Have to think LeBron is pretty damn popular in Ohio even after the move to LA. He brought them a championship and has made clear Cleveland will always be home.

Yeah but Ohio, much to my chagrin as a native Ohioan, has been trending more towards Missouri than maintaining its status as a true swing state.  I mean, Trump won the state by 8.1 points in 2016, almost the same margin as Trump won Texas.

That said, why pick a fight?  What's the purpose other than appealing to the racists in your base?

It's also an interesting contrast - Trump was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and never had to work or sacrifice for anything; Lebron never knew his father and bio mother fostered him because she was too interested in the glass dick and somehow Lebron has managed to get where he is today.