Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

1 minute ago, AbeFroman said:

I'm not a fan of Acosta, he gets on my nerves, but the white house using an obviously doctored tape and an obvious false story as an excuse to ban him is beyond bullshit.  They lied straight to everyones face.

this is where I'm at.  I agree that Acosta's grandstanding and instigating when asking questions but that is not the issue/reason he lost his credentials.  If Trump is tired of him just don't turn to him and choose one of the other reporters in the room.

7 minutes ago, CowboyFred said:

this is where I'm at.  I agree that Acosta's grandstanding and instigating when asking questions but that is not the issue/reason he lost his credentials.  If Trump is tired of him just don't turn to him and choose one of the other reporters in the room.

If they would have said they felt he consistently disrupts press briefings or causes an unfair atmosphere for other reporters, something like that.  Don't know if I would necessarily agree, but I could see that.  But they made up a bullshit lie, and repeatedly keep pushing the lie.   It's hard to wrap your head around that.

Edited by AbeFroman
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, sachick said:

Someone must have pissed in his cheerios this morning. He's having a big twitter day.

He's pissed the hatchet man he picked to deep six the Mueller investigation is widely seen as...a hatchet man picked to deep six the Mueller investigation.

2 minutes ago, AbeFroman said:

For real that is fucked up.  Here's an idea, how about answer her with respect and honesty and go about your day.

And this is why Acosta acts the way he does. Trump does nothing but disrespect all that dare question him and his motives. Sometimes you need an antagonizer to get something real out of an asshole like Trump.

Can we somehow convince France just to keep him? I get that some people like his policies and his politics, and yes the economy and jobs are good. But I truly don't understand how anyone can think anything other than he's a national embarrassment. 

7 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

And this is why Acosta acts the way he does. Trump does nothing but disrespect all that dare question him and his motives. Sometimes you need an antagonizer to get something real out of an asshole like Trump.

Gimme a break. Acosta acts that way because he likes the notoriety. He’s not making any difference.

It’s like when he’s yelling at the back of the press conference and people are asking him to just be quiet. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Gimme a break. Acosta acts that way because he likes the notoriety. He’s not making any difference.

It’s like when he’s yelling at the back of the press conference and people are asking him to just be quiet. 

Yeah, I'm sure if he's calm and "respectful" he'll get honest answers.  As long as he only asks "respectful" questions.  He should be more like Sean Hannity, who is very "respectful" and asks only "respectful" questions.

Edited by 'stache

44 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Just catching up. Are people here really upset about Acosta?  The guy has repeatedly acted like a douchebag.  I bet other members of press are fine with him being excluded. He wasted everyone’s time grandstanding and instigating when other reporters could be asking questions. 

You mean doing his job?

42 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Just catching up. Are people here really upset about Acosta?  The guy has repeatedly acted like a douchebag.  I bet other members of press are fine with him being excluded. He wasted everyone’s time grandstanding and instigating when other reporters could be asking questions. 

Acosta is awesome, at Microphone Karate!

• Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Yeah, I'm sure if he's calm and "respectful" he'll get honest answers.  As long as he only asks "respectful" questions.  He should be more like Sean Hannity, who is very "respectful" and asks only "respectful" questions.

He routinely makes a scene of things. Would you dispute that?

20 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

Is it weird to wonder, if you were standing next to that, whether you would actually step forward and punch the President in his face?  I'm not saying I would do such a thing, but is it weird to think, when you hear him do this, that someone who is so grossly disrespectful deserves to be thrashed?  And that it is kind of your duty, as a man, to do such a thing?  Or at least to have an impulse to do such a thing?

• Like 1

Just now, GRHorn said:

They both make things a scene. The difference is that it’s Trump’s show.  Acosta can’t kick Trump out, but the opposite could, and did, happen. 

Ahh so you're excusing Trump's behavior.  Typical of you people. 

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

It's only a scene because the president responds like a child. Jim Acosta is good at his job.

He’s good at trying to get himself attention.  Again, remember when he had himself filmed yelling at a long distance at the President for no effect other than gaining some Twitter Resistance love? 

He’s good at trying to get himself attention.  Again, remember when he had himself filmed yelling at a long distance at the President for no effect other than gaining some Twitter Resistance love? 

Trump is your messiah. Why should we take anything you say regarding him serious? You’re a blind man in a cult of visions.

She doesn't hate gay people. She was outing gay repubs as gay. 

I did the same thing today, I outed every southern conservative as gay (which they ALL are!) and a few republican stalkers threw a major hissy fit with the neg button. They're following me all over the board like I'm Tucker Carlson and they're antifa.

Yesterday I called every conservative fat, which they ALL are, and the same thing happened.

They're ALL racist, stupid and evil too. But that's obvious.

And they're all murderers, rapists, racists, Nazis and hypocrites. And they're cowards. And illiterates. And they're not funny and they can't understand science and they believe in religious fairy tales. 

And every libertarian is actually a reoublican.

Oh, they're ALL liars. And they have no integrity. And they're greedy. And childish. And sexually perverse. Etc.

They're all Trump. Basically. 

• Fuck You 5

They both make things a scene. The difference is that it’s Trump’s show.  Acosta can’t kick Trump out, but the opposite could, and did, happen. 

Fuck that. It’s not “Trump’s show”. It’s a presidential press conference and the press is there to ask questions as a proxy for the American people.

If Trump wants it to be his show, go back to “The Apprentice”.
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Pancho Negro said:

Ahh so you're excusing Trump's behavior.  Typical of you people. 

I miss where I excused it.

Unfortunately for Jim, his position in life is not such that he can be a douchebag repeatedly toward the President, whether jusitified or not. 

This President and every one before him is given extra license to be a dickhead if they so choose. You’d rather they wouldn’t be one, but that’s the case. Applies to powerful people everywhere. 

I’m surprised that people think Acosta is allowed to behave however he wants because he’s a reporter. He wasn’t thrown in jail, he had his pass pulled. He’s welcome to harass other less significant politicians elsewhere. 

4 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I remember that and Acosta was acting like a complete twit.  He obviously measured that one out.

Just now, GRHorn said:

Unfortunately for Jim, his position in life is not such that he can be a douchebag repeatedly toward the President, whether jusitified or not. 

This President and every one before him is given extra license to be a dickhead if they so choose. You’d rather they wouldn’t be one, but that’s the case. Applies to powerful people everywhere. 

I’m surprised that people think Acosta is allowed to behave however he wants because he’s a reporter. He wasn’t thrown in jail, he had his pass pulled. He’s welcome to harass other less significant politicians elsewhere. 

I'm not even talking about Acosta.  Jesus Christ. 

2 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Acosta could have been thrown in jail and you would find a way to defend what Trump was doing. 

Just now, Pancho Negro said:

Acosta could have been thrown in jail and you would find a way to defend what Trump was doing. 

No, sorry that’s a different thing entirely.  

A drama queen reporter got his wings clipped. Big deal. You should start a GoFundMe for him