Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

7 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Guess Cohen didn't stay loyal.....

Evangelicals are full of horse shit. They have no principles. I'll never listen to their garbage again about family values. Not that I ever did. Because it was always obvious they were unprincipled charlatans. Baylor football proved the truth of that.

I don't want Trump anywhere near a courtroom or prison cell. Don't make a martyr of him. Reign in his authoritarian tendencies, destroy every single person he trusts and loves, and let him wander alone into the Embarrassing Oddities section of history's book.

Cults of personality won't form around Don Jr or even Ivanka, but an imprisoned Trump would create a (somewhat-justifiable) personality story that could get extremely dangerous in the future.

2 hours ago, CowboyFred said:

this is where I'm at.  I agree that Acosta's grandstanding and instigating when asking questions but that is not the issue/reason he lost his credentials.  If Trump is tired of him just don't turn to him and choose one of the other reporters in the room.

Trump watches a lot of CNN, based on his comments about various reporters.  

He also thinks he’s always the smartest guy in the room.  

He wants to talk to Acosta.

expect Acosta to be back in a week or two.  

8 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I don't want Trump anywhere near a courtroom or prison cell. Don't make a martyr of him. Reign in his authoritarian tendencies, destroy every single person he trusts and loves, and let him wander alone into the Embarrassing Oddities section of history's book.

Cults of personality won't form around Don Jr or even Ivanka, but an imprisoned Trump would create a (somewhat-justifiable) personality story that could get extremely dangerous in the future.

Trump will never be Nelson Mandela dude. 

9 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

It won't form around Trump, either. The majority of people in this country oppose him. He would need to greatly improve his popularity to become a martyr outside of his base. If he can't do that, he's just a failed politician.

1 hour ago, GRHorn said:

Again they pulled a numbnut’s press pass essentially for acting out. Sorry I’m not walking out on the Brisket Ledge over it. 

They used a deliberately doctored video to justify it, and doubled down and denied the video was doctored, even though everybody, including the White House, knew that was a doctored video.  

32 minutes ago, DaysOff said:
52 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:
Have we determined who Agent47 is?  Sometimes seems legit, sometimes seems like a troll, sometimes seems like a Russian.  Can't figure it out.

90% on this forum are Hugo socks.

I thought they were all Hitby socks?

Trump will only get time for egregious acts and it’ll take a long time. Once the liquor wears off, the MAGA’s will have hangovers. And they love seeing rich people go to jail. They’ll move on to the next flavor who will be focused on the democrats forced to clean up the mess.

A scenario where he gets jail time would reveal an even older, fatter Trump taking perp walks and having his mugshot photo taken. No longer a winner. The Feds would only prosecute a slam dunk case that juries couldnt screw up.

16 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm going with Brisket.  tj isn't smart enough to pepper his language with some of those colloquialisms.

<brief interlude while tj looks up "colloquialisms">

It's not a troll so much as a front for Brisket to worry less about editing, syntax, etc.

Bullshit.

I'm really pissing off the ass clown right wingers. Which ismy intention. Seriously, what a bunch of babies. They can dish it out but they can't fucking take it.

What a load of shit stain bitches they are.

I must be on some bat signal for negging because they're suddenly obsessed with me.

These neggers are everywhere.

DAMMIT....got to remember to log off then back in next time.....

21 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm going with Brisket.  tj isn't smart enough to pepper his language with some of those colloquialisms.

<brief interlude while tj looks up "colloquialisms">

It's not a troll so much as a front for Brisket to worry less about editing, syntax, etc.

My God I think you might be right. What a troll job brisket is pulling off! 

Tjhooker is brisket. Mind blown. 

44 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

What Trump is executing supersedes Trump the individual.  There's an evolving cultural/institutional template that will survive him.  There needs to be a deep cleaning with lots of jail time for many actors, not just Trump.  The operational networks that people like Stone and Manafort have been cultivating for decades needs to be taken down.  Hard time many is in order.  Send a wee message.

'He's a Fucking Fool': Justice Department Officials Trash Matt Whitaker

The appointment this week of Matthew Whitaker as acting attorney general has sparked sharp concerns among lawmakers over the possibility that he may bottle up Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into Russia meddling in the 2016 election. 

Inside the Department of Justice, however, the fears are more expansive. Whitaker is seen as a rogue and underqualified new leader whose impact won’t just be felt on the Mueller probe but throughout the federal government. 

“He’s a fucking fool,” one trial attorney inside the department said of the new AG. “He’s spent so much time trying to suck up to the president to get here. But this is a big job. It comes with many responsibilities. He just simply doesn’t have the wherewithal.” 

Whitaker’s ascension to the rank of top law enforcement officer in the country has been as swift as its been controversial. A former U.S. attorney-turned-conservative media pundit, he served for months as former AG Jeff Sessions’ chief of staff before being appointed to fill his old boss’s post. That resume hasn’t instilled confidence. 

“We’ve seen this over and over again with the Trump administration. They never vet these people,” said one former official from the department. “It shows that they don’t really have a strategy when it comes to these things and then they end up having to backtrack.” 

Read entire article: https://www.thedailybeast.com/hes-a-fanding-fool-doj-vets-fear-the-impact-whitaker-will-have-beyond-mueller

3 minutes ago, Mapache said:

The appointment this week of Matthew Whitaker as acting attorney general has sparked sharp concerns among lawmakers over the possibility that he may bottle up Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into Russia meddling in the 2016 election. 

Inside the Department of Justice, however, the fears are more expansive. Whitaker is seen as a rogue and underqualified new leader whose impact won’t just be felt on the Mueller probe but throughout the federal government. 

“He’s a fucking fool,” one trial attorney inside the department said of the new AG. “He’s spent so much time trying to suck up to the president to get here. But this is a big job. It comes with many responsibilities. He just simply doesn’t have the wherewithal.” 

Whitaker’s ascension to the rank of top law enforcement officer in the country has been as swift as its been controversial. A former U.S. attorney-turned-conservative media pundit, he served for months as former AG Jeff Sessions’ chief of staff before being appointed to fill his old boss’s post. That resume hasn’t instilled confidence. 

“We’ve seen this over and over again with the Trump administration. They never vet these people,” said one former official from the department. “It shows that they don’t really have a strategy when it comes to these things and then they end up having to backtrack.” 

Read entire article: https://www.thedailybeast.com/hes-a-fanding-fool-doj-vets-fear-the-impact-whitaker-will-have-beyond-mueller

The best people.

Nobody cares what the president says anymore. 

Think about that. 

But anyway not sure what he thinks he’s gonna accomplish with his insane tweet storm today. Nobody but his moron base takes him seriously and they can’t vote for him for another 2 years. He’s just trolling at this point. 

33 minutes ago, Mapache said:

Is there a time limit on how long Whitaker can be interim AG? Can Trump just not nominate anyone officially for a while and let Whitaker do his bidding? And can you really just name anyone acting AG? Shouldn't it go to the Deputy Attorney General? This guy was just the chief of staff.

Edited by sachick

32 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

He says that the office deserves respect, then immediately the man holding the office calls a reporter a "loser".  

He revels in hurling insults and seems genuinely and perpetually surprised when merely denied fawning praise, much less criticism. It truly baffles him. You know, as if he's a man-child who has lived a consequence-free life and still doesn't understand the concept of cause and effect. I know this isn't breaking news but it's still creepy as shit. 

5 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

He revels in hurling insults and seems genuinely and perpetually surprised when merely denied fawning praise, much less criticism. It truly baffles him. You know, as if he's a man-child who has lived a consequence-free life and still doesn't understand the concept of cause and effect. I know this isn't breaking news but it's still creepy as shit. 

I'm sure it's inextricably tied to the fact that for most of his life he's been the shot-caller, working with people who need to be in bed with him.  Now he's up against all kinds of folks who don't stand to gain financially from their relationship, and it boggles his feeble mind that they aren't lying down prostrate in his presence.

Poor Donald.