Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

1 minute ago, Fozzz said:

It's not in the police report.  I hate to say this, but they might be lying.

DrgfDe5X4AIxvJW.jpg:large

Nice find with the police report. If they had indeed broken the door, it would be negligent to omit it from the police report. And it would also be classified as a burglary/forced entry. Calling bullshit until there is more evidence to show Carlson's door was broken.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Nice find with the police report. If they had indeed broken the door, it would be negligent to omit it from the police report. And it would also be classified as a burglary/forced entry. Calling bullshit until there is more evidence to show Carlson's door was broken.

Yup, although cracked door is his claim, exaggeration and sensationalism is his game.

Some support from the rational left:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/protesters-to-tucker-carlson-we-know-where-you-sleep-at-night-2018-11-08?mod=hp_minor_pos20

7 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Yup, although cracked door is his claim, exaggeration and sensationalism is his game.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/protesters-to-tucker-carlson-we-know-where-you-sleep-at-night-2018-11-08?mod=hp_minor_pos20

Good article.  However, Tucker's last quote leaves me a little confused.

“How can you go out for dinner and leave the kids at home at this point?” he told the Post. “If they’re talking about pipe bombs... how do you live like that?”

Which side was it that sent pipe bombs?

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I wonder if it ever occurred to the celebrities condemning the protesters that they should have been condemning Tucker Carlson a long time ago. 

It's a curious pathology that only afflicts the left.  Any number of egregious acts by the right get ignored but for some reason when anyone associated with the left crosses the line, even a little bit, it results in a mass fall-all-over-ourselves event to show just how "both sides" they are.

Makes me sick.

6 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Good.  Threats of violence against a journalist/commentator are unacceptable.  These people are chickenshit.

But I did almost spit out my coffee when I read the last line:

“How can you go out for dinner and leave the kids at home at this point?” he told the Post. “If they’re talking about pipe bombs... how do you live like that?”

Pipe bombs?  How do you live like that?  Well, I think you live like every journalist for CNN, and all the other journalists attacked by Trump, including inciting violence against them: you live scared, knowing that today may be the day that bomb or bullet from an inflamed killer finds you.

That's kind of why Trump should stop attacking journalists like he does.  No journalist should fear violence because of what they report or say.  Yet dozens of them in the US already do.  Tucker is now part of that group.  It's wrong when it happens to them, it's wrong when it happens to him.  I hope that Tucker joins the chorus of people who say that attacks on the free press have to end, and journalists should NEVER be threatened for what they report or say.  It would be a welcome voice.  Seriously, he speaks to an audience that thus far, only hears the opposite.  He could do a lot to help put out that fire.

52 minutes ago, Cajun said:

No, I disagree with the idea that CNN is in any way a News organization.

They are an opinion organization with some news sprinkled in when it advances their narrative.

Fox is no different, btw.  They're all pretenders and not very good ones at that.

The post I responded to with amusement in no way, shape, or form addressed what a news organization "should" do.  It bald faced claimed that CNN was all things pure and true in the News business.  I mean, it's interesting that the questioning revolves around my response rather that the ludicrous nature of what I was responding to.  Speaks volumes really.

T

Negged for lying about what I posted. I merely state what the job of a news organization is, and my description was correct. You imposed your own meaning onto my words to make your little world easier to justify and understand.

I'll thank you to not lie about my posts. Quote them all you want, but paraphrasing is clearly not your thing.

6 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

It's a curious pathology that only afflicts the left.  Any number of egregious acts by the right get ignored but for some reason when anyone associated with the left crosses the line, even a little bit, it results in a mass fall-all-over-ourselves event to show just how "both sides" they are.

Makes me sick.

It goes back to my point that the left is a zillion times better at cleaning their own house while the right embraces the hate speech and pushes the envelope to a dangerous level with zero self awareness or accountability.

Neither should have to worry for their own safety, but what has Christine Ford done to deserve threatening behavior? Sick fucks on the right.

Antifa, if this isn't a false flag, is wrong to go to Carlson's house and chant as they did. It's a threat if the incident happened as reported. I hate that Carlson gets to play martyr; he's such a shit stain as it is.

Has antifa claimed responsibility? These Trump people are such liars that it's hard to know what's going on. Did the police see any of the demonstrators?

Edit: Having read more, I see that it is a group evidently known for these tactics. Looks like it really happened. There's something cowardly about terrorizing somebody's house. I disapprove of the act.

Edited by RomaVicta
Ill informed when written

2 minutes ago, tjhooker said:

From your second link:

In 2010, when investigating possible leaks of classified information about North Korea, the Obama Justice Department collected Fox News reporter James Rosen’s telephone and email records and tracked his movements at the State Department, according to the Washington Post.

The Post, which broke the story in 2013, wrote that it had obtained a court affidavit that showed the Justice Department used security badge access records to track Rosen’s visits to the State Department, traced his calls to a department security adviser suspected of sharing classified information, and obtained a search warrant to seize two days’ worth of emails with the department official.

In the affidavit for a search warrant, FBI agent Reginald Reyes said there was evidence that Rosen — the chief Washington correspondent for Fox News — broke the law. Reyes described Rosen as “either as an aider, abettor and/or co-conspirator.”

“After public outcry, the Department of Justice released revised standards for subpoenaing reporters.”

Yeah, not the same.

or, if you prefer--

But Obama!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, tjhooker said:

That story is almost quaint compared to the climate for journalists today. The reporter from FOX revealed classified information which prompted investigation according to your link. 

I agree that the actions to survey and investigate the reporter should be questioned. However, the government actions were not carried out as retaliation for a hard question in a press conference or unfavorable coverage of the Obama Administration.

1 hour ago, bolverk said:

This is what you quoted and now claim what he said. You're projecting an opinion on him that he did not state.

"They're a news organization. They should just report the news outside of clearly identified opinion programming."

But, you see, they are a news organization in name only and they do not just report the news outside of clearly identified opinion programming.

~See Jim Acosta  (and many, many others there as well)

Yes, he said "should", I get that.  Beyond getting locked into each and every word there's a spirit and assertion being made and it's that CNN actually strives to achieve this standard.  We all know they do not.

2 minutes ago, Cajun said:

"They're a news organization. They should just report the news outside of clearly identified opinion programming."

But, you see, they are a news organization in name only and they do not just report the news outside of clearly identified opinion programming.

~See Jim Acosta  (and many, many others there as well)

Yes, he said "should", I get that.  Beyond getting locked into each and every word there's a spirit and assertion being made and it's that CNN actually strives to achieve this standard.  We all know they do not.

Agreed. Shame on anyone for relying on cable TV as their primary source of information. We should all cut the cable. Fox, CNN, MSNBC, and the like are poisoning our political system. This country needs a gotdam 12-step program. 

10 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

He was laughing because the assertion the guest was making was so ridiculous. He wasn’t laughing or downplaying the criminal, reprehensible act of sending Soros a bomb. Nice try. We conservatives can think Soros is scum and still have the mental capacity to understand that sending bombs is wrong and that as Americans we can exercise and express our political preferences!!!

Edited by Iconoclast Texan

1 minute ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

He was laughing because the assertion the guest was making was so ridiculous. He wasn’t laughing or downplaying the criminal, reprehensible act of sending Soros a bomb. Nice try. We conservatives can think Soros is scum and still have the mental capacity to understand that sending bombs is wrong and that as Americans we can exercise and express our political preferences!!!

This is just stupid

181026-cesar-sayoc-van-al-1456_89ae7aba47c0b24faecb7a7bdc039e35.fit-760w.jpg

1 minute ago, shnsajax said:

This is just stupid

181026-cesar-sayoc-van-al-1456_89ae7aba47c0b24faecb7a7bdc039e35.fit-760w.jpg

A single kook. How many MOBS of conservatives have shouted down liberal speakers on campus, harassed progressive media and political types at restaurants and at their homes. There have been PACKS of leftists rioting, harassing and shouting conservatives on campus, in restaurants, etc.

2 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

A single kook. How many MOBS of conservatives have shouted down liberal speakers on campus, harassed progressive media and political types at restaurants and at their homes. There have been PACKS of leftists rioting, harassing and shouting conservatives on campus, in restaurants, etc.

Well, Charlottesville and Trump rallies are pretty good examples of conservative mobs doing these things. 

• Like 4

Just now, Iconoclast Texan said:

Oh no! not shouting! way worse than trying to assassinate former presidents, right?! 

I'm glad Fox News is starting to reap what they sowed. The originators of fake news have been whipping 'conservatives' into a frenzy for decades. When Tucker Carlson is seen as a moderate (levelheaded) conservative voice compared to the rest then you know you're a propaganda machine. I'm not surprised people are tired of their shit and want them to stop it. I don't condone violence, but shouting at them seems pretty tame.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

They stoke this shit every night.  I don't have any sympathy when it starts to come back on them.  There should be consequences for lying every night on tv while you know damn good and well what it is doing to the country.  If you refuse to act like a decent human being, don't act pissy when society starts to push back.

Edited by kevwun
  • Like 4